Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

95 browns staff was loaded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:

Oh okay, I know who Newsome is if it's Ozzie. Just never knew he was a Head Coach. Huh.
Tommy, for the love of all that is holy, stop posting about things you don't know about Laughing

You can't possibly believe that Ferentz is overrated as an OL coach?[/quote]

Exactly. And as overrated as Ferentz may be now, dude churned out NFL players like Iowa was a factory. He's a great coach.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good hour of tv NFLN put together last night. It is amazing how far reaching that '95 staff was and how big of an impact they have made on college and pro football.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Majority of those guys are overrated. A couple are even out of the league coaching wise.

What?

Belicheck - top coach in all of football
Dimitroff - Don't know who that is.
Pioli - not a coach any longer, not valid
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.
Ferentz - Overrated
Saban - top 3 coach in all of football
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk
Mangini - sucks, but everyone knows it, so not overrated

Tommie...my sweet, sweet Tommie. Please be careful, don't hurt yourself. I would be sad if you hurt yourself. Sad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Oh okay, I know who Newsome is if it's Ozzie. Just never knew he was a Head Coach. Huh.
Tommy, for the love of all that is holy, stop posting about things you don't know about Laughing

You can't possibly believe that Ferentz is overrated as an OL coach?

Exactly. And as overrated as Ferentz may be now, dude churned out NFL players like Iowa was a factory. He's a great coach.[/quote]Fun fact, since 2002 only Ohio State has had more drafted players than Iowa. Think about that for a second and tell me how overrated he is. And then there's the whole TE thing

Dallas Clark
Scott Chandler
Tony Moeaki
Allen Reisner
Brad Hermann

And on the team now you have CJ Fiedoriwicz and Zach Derby who are both future NFL TEs.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
General_Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
Majority of those guys are overrated. A couple are even out of the league coaching wise.

What?

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.
Ferentz - Overrated
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk

Tommie...my sweet, sweet Tommie. Please be careful, don't hurt yourself. I would be sad if you hurt yourself. Sad

I hope GB can hoist the Michael Lombardi trophy this year...bring it back home
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm not talking about just the coaching staff I'm talking about the f/o as well with people like dimitrof (falcons gm and I think 2 time exec of the year) newsome one of the best talent evaluators in the league. Pioli is well respectef
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

You can't possibly believe that Ferentz is overrated as an OL coach?

Exactly. And as overrated as Ferentz may be now, dude churned out NFL players like Iowa was a factory. He's a great coach.
Fun fact, since 2002 only Ohio State has had more drafted players than Iowa. Think about that for a second and tell me how overrated he is. And then there's the whole TE thing

Dallas Clark
Scott Chandler
Tony Moeaki
Allen Reisner
Brad Hermann

And on the team now you have CJ Fiedoriwicz and Zach Derby who are both future NFL TEs.

And dat Oline.
coleman51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General_Bean wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:

What?

Ferentz - Overrated
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk

LMAO!

I've gotta find somewhere online to watch this. While hindsight is 20/20, there was an incredible amount of football genius on that team. It's probably a great thing that they split up (Sorry Cleveland) but it's best that football can be better everywhere than in one place to create competition. Dimitroff/Newsome are two of the best GM's in the league, probably both top 5, and Pioli was in New England for a good time as well. He's also put together a great team in KC but it's just not all meshing yet.

Bohlmann20 stole this thread too, let's get back on topic!

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
General_Bean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:

What?

Ferentz - Overrated
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk

LMAO!

I've gotta find somewhere online to watch this. While hindsight is 20/20, there was an incredible amount of football genius on that team. It's probably a great thing that they split up (Sorry Cleveland) but it's best that football can be better everywhere than in one place to create competition. Dimitroff/Newsome are two of the best GM's in the league, probably both top 5, and Pioli was in New England for a good time as well. He's also put together a great team in KC but it's just not all meshing yet.

Sorry, had to do it, but alright back to business.

After watching this I definitely became more of a browns fan especially after slightly tearing up during the final game at the stadium. I could see myself reacting the same way if my team that had been around for decades was taken away.

Subliminal messaging suggests that this is almost more about the legacy of Bill Belichick than the 95 cleveland browns, they didnt talk too much about the team but more of "belichicks slappies".

I already felt sympathy for the Browns organization and the fans. This only made it worse (or better?) in terms of now I feel more bad and hope for some success down the road. I didn't get a chance to watch Coughlins last week, but in terms of this season, this one was the best so far
Babylon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
That show was depressing. Gotta feel for Cleveland. Would they have stayed with a new stadium deal?

Yes, with a strong caveat that it was not going to happen with Modell as owner.

Basically, the old stadium degraded into an utter craphole due to mismanagement by the company that ran it, scummy business practices that drove out the Cleveland Indians, and utter lack of investment into the stadium to modernize it or repair degrded structure, for well over twenty years. Now you could say, well no wonder why the Browns were forced to move, yeah, Art Modell owned that company.

His lousy business practices caused the Browns situation to rot and fester, then actively fought against a new stadium since his company would not be given control of the stadium due to the embarrassingly poor job they had done previously. With this secured, he then used it as an excuse to move the team.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:

What?

Ferentz - Overrated
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk

Quite possibly the most epic post in FF history. I mean.. this is better than all the old school Calvin Pace jokes, the LT might get hurt post, and that USC homer's posts... COMBINED!

Honestly, freaking epic!

Also.. that show was cool. Whole lot of what if's for the Cleveland fanbase to ponder if things had stayed on track.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
General_Bean wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:

What?

Ferentz - Overrated
Schwartz - Overrated
Newsome - idk

LMAO!

Must this infect every NFL Gen thread?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i.imgur.com/vtbCj.jpg

Thought this fitted in well with this topic Laughing
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a heartbreaking story. I cannot begin to imagine how those fans felt having their team ripped away after all those decades! Then to add insult to injury to those fans Baltimore wins the SB a couple of years later. For the Cleveland fans I hope the 'new' Browns are successful soon. I'm so thankful the Packers do not have an owner who can do this to my hometown and state.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how every just dismisses Pat Hill and Mike Tannabaum.

Hill is a very good coach who produces NFL talent at a non-BCS college.

Also Eric Mangini is very underrated as a coach. He got the short end of the stick in Cleveland and New York. Rex Ryan's best seasons were with the talent Eric Mangini helped put together and coached up. Eric Mangini took over a Browns team that was strapped against the cap and had no draft picks, but he was fired because his team was too old and lacked talent. How the F do you expect someone to get younger when your last GM(Phil Savage) traded away all you picks and made ridiculously stupid FA signings and strapped the team financially? Out of all the coaches in Cleveland since 1999 Eric Mangini got more results from less talent.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: