Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Muse- The 2nd Law

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Muse- The 2nd Law Reply with quote

I can't figure out what to think about this album. After listening a lot to Madness, I honestly think it might be one of the best songs the band has ever written, and there are definitely some other good bits such as Panic Station. But the dub step-y stuff is pretty awful and a lot of the other songs are less than great. Pretty hit or miss. Thoughts?

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Muse- The 2nd Law Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
I can't figure out what to think about this album. After listening a lot to Madness, I honestly think it might be one of the best songs the band has ever written, and there are definitely some other good bits such as Panic Station. But the dub step-y stuff is pretty awful and a lot of the other songs are less than great. Pretty hit or miss. Thoughts?

Every band has one of these albums. I kind of equate this one to U2's "Pop" album (which honestly has grown on me through the years, though obviously still doesn't hold a candle to albums like "Joshua Tree" or "War") or the Stones' "Their Satanic Majesties Request". It's almost expected when a band becomes as big as Muse has become, they go through their Sgt. Pepper's phase, the only problem is that very few bands can pull off that phase the way the Beatles did.

It's all about finding balance between being experimental and still keeping things somewhat in their wheelhouse. U2 found it when they rebounded from Pop with All that You Can Leave Behind and HtDaAB. The Stones did it with Let It Bleed (which produced what's still one of the bands best songs to date IMHO in "Gimme Shelter" which was that great mix of experimental and wheelhouse) and Sticky Fingers. I'd put heavy stock in Muse's next album to follow 2nd Law to quite possibly be their magnum opus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: