Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
if Harvin keeps this up all year, which is of course just an if, he'll have to be considered for MVP actually.

but i don't care a lot about individual awards. i care about individual accomplishments, like Brees setting his record last year, but not so much awards.

I agree. Vikingsrule didn't take into account how many WR's have been considered for the MVP award when blasting your dream. This man isn't just a WR, he's a weapon. The guy needs to be in the running, as he's helping return Minnesota to the top.

Harvin is instrumental in this offense, surely and he has filled a valuable role.

However, Harvin has 0 offensive TDs. Granted its only been 4 weeks into the season, if we are going to have a discussion about early MVP candidates, it seems like the high profile QBs with great stats will get most of the attention. That is kind of the reality of that award. The best statistical QB on the best teams get the attention.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
if Harvin keeps this up all year, which is of course just an if, he'll have to be considered for MVP actually.

but i don't care a lot about individual awards. i care about individual accomplishments, like Brees setting his record last year, but not so much awards.

I agree. Vikingsrule didn't take into account how many WR's have been considered for the MVP award when blasting your dream. This man isn't just a WR, he's a weapon. The guy needs to be in the running, as he's helping return Minnesota to the top.

He'll need to find the endzone then as a returner, runner and reciever this year quite often then if he is to win the award.

I think OPOY is more likely. MVP is a long shot.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: