Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game #5: Just the Facts (Giants GDT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
in our last 16 games we are 1-15... Sad

and when we start winning (which in all likelihood will be without our current regime) i bet you that it will be on the backs of
weeden
richardson
gordon
little
cameron
sheard
taylor
winn
haden
thomas (resigned because of this regime)
jackson (resigned because of this regime)
rubin

When, is a pretty certain term. If would probably be more accurate.

You're right. If Cleveland fans get their way, this team will certainly be blown up because we cant sit patiently through losses and we'll start over from step one again.

If Cleveland fans got their wish we'd have a complete overhaul every 2-3 quarters.

13 years of consistent losing.

I don't want it blown up, but I'm apathetic at this point. If Haslam and co. thinks it's necessary, I can live with it.

BECAUSE WE KEEP BLOWING IT UP

Chicken and the egg. Plenty of quick turnaround stories in the last 13 years.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

and when we start winning (which in all likelihood will be without our current regime) i bet you that it will be on the backs of
weeden
richardson
gordon
little
cameron
sheard
taylor
winn
haden
rubin

You're right. If Cleveland fans get their way, this team will certainly be blown up because we cant sit patiently through losses and we'll start over from step one again.

If Cleveland fans got their wish we'd have a complete overhaul every 2-3 quarters.

I don't want it blown up, but I'm apathetic at this point. If Haslam and co. thinks it's necessary, I can live with it.

I can live with a coaching change.

I'm not really ok with blowing absolutely everything up. There is a lot of young talent on this team that can and should be developed.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

weeden
richardson
gordon
little
cameron
sheard
taylor
winn
haden
rubin

I can live with a coaching change.

I'm not really ok with blowing absolutely everything up. There is a lot of young talent on this team that can and should be developed.

You cant blow up what has already been blown up this many times...
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
kelbot wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:

weeden
richardson
gordon
little
cameron
sheard
taylor
winn
haden
rubin

BECAUSE WE KEEP BLOWING IT UP

I think Davis and Romeo had enough time to prove their worth. Palmer and Mangini? Not really. Shurmur? We'll see.

If we keep going at this pace, he'll have had enough time. No coach is going to survive (2) 4 win (or less) seasons, especially one who's never proven he is capable of being a quality HC.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't blow up anything. You have a good young core group of talented players to build on. Richardson is an absolute stud. Weeden showed some really nice touch on the ball today. He made a couple of costly mistakes but I think he played well overall. Your O-line absolutely stonewalled our defense. Just gotta fix those secondary issues. I see a bright future for you guys. Hang in there, it's frustrating as a fan when your team is bad for that long. The 0-5 record doesn't reflect your team.

Good luck the rest of the season guys.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:

I think Davis and Romeo had enough time to prove their worth. Palmer and Mangini? Not really. Shurmur? We'll see.

If we keep going at this pace, he'll have had enough time. No coach is going to survive (2) 4 win (or less) seasons, especially one who's never proven he is capable of being a quality HC.

Everyone is going to be reviewed after this season due to the new ownership, likelihood of Banner coming in and Holmgren going out, and the terrible results on the field.
pnies20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on the injuries?

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelbot wrote:

Like the 49'ers and...?

You find a franchise QB you turn around, its the only way that it happens.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The penalties and the pass defense is what killed Cleveland's chances of winning the game. That and missing D'Qwell Jackson. Once Haden and Taylor returns, I think Cleveland's defense will look significantly better.

Weeden played well. It sucks he threw two interceptions, but he's thrown far worse ones. He had his fair share of beautiful passes. He looks so much better when he's given time to throw, when the running game is working out well and thus keeps the defense honest, and when the receivers don't drop nearly every pass thrown their way.

It was good to see Gordon rack up a couple of touchdown receptions. That's just a glimpse of what's to come from him hopefully. Once he improves on his route running, he could be a very good receiver. He's got the speed to beat defensive backs deep and he also has the size to beat the cornerbacks who can keep up with his speed.

Can we stop it with the cutting Norwood talk? IIRC, last week was the only game he's had where he had trouble catching the ball. He's nothing flashy but is just a very solid receiver. He could end up being one of those receivers who is a nice security blanket for their quarterback.

I hope Jordan Cameron continues to see a lot of playing time. He's got a lot of talent and he simply needs more playing time to reach his potential.

The offensive line played well... even the guards. Schwartz contained some of the best defensive ends in the league, including Jason Pierre-Paul who's arguably a top 3-5 DE.

Richardson looked great. Not just at running the ball but also in the passing game. Not many running backs have such a rare combination of strength and quickness. As I've said before, when the run blocking is at least decent, Richardson plays at a very high level. However, when the run blocking is bad, then Richardson isn't very successful. I'm excited to see how he'll progress as he gains more experience and if/when the offensive line starts to run block well on a more consistent basis.

The defense looked like crap, though. Fortunately Haden is done serving his suspension because the defense desperately needs him. The pass defense is the main reason the Browns have lost every game besides the Eagles game. Once Haden returns, all of the cornerbacks will look better since they'll all be moved down one spot on the depth chart.

I don't know how anyone can think that free safety is not the team's biggest need on defense. Sure, they could use a defensive end or a cornerback, but the needs for those two things don't compare for their need of a free safety. I mean, all of the cornerbacks will look better when Haden returns and CBs like Skrine and Wade have potential. Meanwhile, Cleveland has a very good DE in Sheard and a respectable one in Rucker.

Ideally, the Browns will be able to sign a free safety such as Jairus Byrd or Louis Delmas. I don't think there's any free safety worthy of a top five pick and the Browns don't pick again until the third round. The Bills might not be able to outbid the Browns for Byrd since they spent a lot of money last offseason and they also have Andy Levitre to resign. They could have other key free agents to resign as well that I'm just not aware of. Byrd could want to sign with the Browns since Jauron was his head coach when he entered the league. If the Bills are able to resign Byrd but not Levitre, then I would gladly take him.

Anyway, this was a tough loss. I'm not surprised they lost even though they had a 14-0 lead simply because they're the Cleveland Browns. However, they usually start off slow but play better as the game goes on, so I thought if they had an early lead, maybe they could keep it. Oh well. Penalties, the pass defense and New York's running game (especially after Jackson went out) is what caused them to lose. This team is so close to getting that first win. This team definitely has its issues, but there's a lot to like about this young team.
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
kelbot wrote:

Like the 49'ers and...?

You find a franchise QB you turn around, its the only way that it happens.

Houston and Denver just last year.

There's not a lot of precedent for turning around a team this perenially bad. I guess you could say Detroit and Cincy both required franchise QBs to turn it around. But both had elite skill players, too.

I'm not talking about rings, just competence. 0-5 and 10 in a row shouldn't ever be acceptable. A franchise QB isn't a necessity to make the playoffs or compete.

St Louis is competing this year. Outside of Chris Long, they butchered every pick for 8 years. No excuses.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-line played their best game of the season today.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading the Power Rankings each week and disagreeing with us being ranked #32.

Not so sure now that we don't deserve a #32 rank.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Hope they keep it up. I just hate the idea of having to draft or sign a guard or two. I'd just like to get a decent back-up at that can play both tackle spots in the 4th round or lower. Cousins scares me.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Hope they keep it up. I just hate the idea of having to draft or sign a guard or two. I'd just like to get a decent back-up at that can play both tackle spots in the 4th round or lower. Cousins scares me.

I'm done drafting offensive linemen. They can't score points.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This loss sucked. It was so similar to all the other ones, and since my area was showing the Bungles game on tv, I had to go to a bar sitting around friggin Steeler fans. So every time we made a bad play, I had to listen to their cheers, and when I thought "yes, they are gonna lose too, I can't wait to rub this in", they pulled out their game...

We came out firing. Great way to start any game. The turnovers killed us. The first pick was a 10 point swing, then coming back very next play and Cribbs fumbling was a back breaker. Our defense was exposed. The depth that is. The Giants didn't need to go with 4 wide, 3 wide much. Our corners were already exposed, so they could keep extra blockers in, which neutralized our pass rush. It happens. Even with some of the plays we gave up, the Cruz wide open play, etc. had we not given up the rock those two plays, it's a ballgame. Still goes in the books as a loss, which sucks, but if you're not winning enough games to make the playoffs, who cares. The young guys on this team I really like. Time of possession kills our defense more than anything. We are already playing pretty thin, then add to it giving up 30 first downs, it wears guys down. I try to be a glass half full guy.

"The league has maintained that they will not suspend players for a positive result caused by second-hand smoke in the past:"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52

Jump to: