Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players on the rebound on your team?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Players on the rebound on your team? Reply with quote

Guys on your squad who were mediocre or just plain bad last year.

From PFF:
Quote:
Cornerback Devin McCourty had a great rookie year in 2010, but receivers performed a lot better against him in 2011. In 2011, quarterbacks had a rating of 104.7 when throwing McCourty’s way. His third year has gone a lot better than his second, and now quarterbacks have a rating of just 42.2 when throwing at McCourty, which is eighth lowest in the league.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
John232

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Davis is playing like an All-Pro tackle. Easily the best linemen this year. Alex Boone is also doing a pretty good job at guard.

xsaMainevent on the sig
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Baker... he's looking like a Legitimate NFL player.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Christian Ponder- I guess Ponder probably doesnt count, he was a rookie last year. Ponder has shown remarkably better ball placement and decision making ability, two traits that killed him his rookie season.

OT Phil Loadholt - Loadholt was garbage last year, and this year, he has been nothing short of excellent. Loadholt hasnt given up many pressures and he is a strong run blocker. He has really rebounded and turned himself into a pretty good starter at RT. This can partly be attributed to the addition of Matt Kalil, and having more stability at LT (meaning more TE help to Loadholt's side).

OLB Chad Greenway - Greenway was really mediocre last year, not really making impact plays and just racked up tackles. This year, the Vikes have felt Greenway's presence to a greater extent. He has made more plays, outside of just racking up tackles.

CB Chris Cook - Cook was actually really good in the games he played last year, but we all know he was booted off the team. Cook has rebounded well and has really been a reliable CB this year. Outside of the Cecil Shorts TD he gave up, he has been phenomenal.
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Brandon Gibson.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about "rebound" but I suppose you could say CB Kareem Jackson is "on the bound." He looks like a competent starter for the first time in his career.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think

I'll go with either Michael Oher- went from below average RT to above average (maybe) LT...

Though I suppose Joe Flacco could be considered. 2011 was probably a slump in terms of his pass accuracy and that number has jumped back to his career standard, along with him having a big time year statistically in other regards. I'm not so sure with him that it's a rebound so much as taking it to another level however. So it depends on how you're defining rebound here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Think

I'll go with either Michael Oher- went from below average RT to above average (maybe) LT...

Though I suppose Joe Flacco could be considered. 2011 was probably a slump in terms of his pass accuracy and that number has jumped back to his career standard, along with him having a big time year statistically in other regards. I'm not so sure with him that it's a rebound so much as taking it to another level however. So it depends on how you're defining rebound here.

Yea, I was having trouble with this one as well. Guys that crapped the bed last season (Cundiff, Evans, etc.) are gone. Some guys have seemingly regressed (Cary Williams). There does not seem to be anyone that was bad last year who is now good this year. As you cited, Flacco looks better, but I'm not sure if this can be considered a rebound.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Shields, as of this moment, is playing like a reasonably good CB. That is an improvement from last year.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few Texans worthy of note:

- CB Kareem Jackson is looking like a budding star at the #2 CB role. The only time you saw him mentioned in regards to a bad play was a bogus PI call in the end zone against the Broncos (the only gripe I had with the replacement refs, actually) but other than that, he's been money. Had a huge game against the Titans, with a big pass deflection against WR Kendall Wright, and had one of the nicest pick 6 plays, anticipating a slant route to Nate Washington and taking it to the house.

- TE Owen Daniels has always been a name you don't mention on the Texans O, but he's quietly leading the team in receptions (28) and 2nd to Andre Johnson with 232 yards and two TDs. He's worked himself back to becoming the primary safety valve for Matt Schaub, and his two TDs in two weeks means he's starting to see the lanes to the end zone again.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
c0insnap

I wouldn't call him a rebound player per se, but Anthony Davis has been outstanding so far. After a weak rookie year, and an up and down sophomore campaign he's been the best player on San Fran's offense. Dominant right tackle.

Beast
joru1000

vikingsrule wrote:
QB Christian Ponder- I guess Ponder probably doesnt count, he was a rookie last year. Ponder has shown remarkably better ball placement and decision making ability, two traits that killed him his rookie season.

OT Phil Loadholt - Loadholt was garbage last year, and this year, he has been nothing short of excellent. Loadholt hasnt given up many pressures and he is a strong run blocker. He has really rebounded and turned himself into a pretty good starter at RT. This can partly be attributed to the addition of Matt Kalil, and having more stability at LT (meaning more TE help to Loadholt's side).

OLB Chad Greenway - Greenway was really mediocre last year, not really making impact plays and just racked up tackles. This year, the Vikes have felt Greenway's presence to a greater extent. He has made more plays, outside of just racking up tackles.

CB Chris Cook - Cook was actually really good in the games he played last year, but we all know he was booted off the team. Cook has rebounded well and has really been a reliable CB this year. Outside of the Cecil Shorts TD he gave up, he has been phenomenal.

I don't understand how you don't have Kevin Williams. He's the comeback player on this team and a big part as to why we've been so good against the run this year.

I don't know why Chris Cook and Christian Ponder are being considered comeback/rebound players when they haven't been good before. A rebound player means they were once good or great, then regressed for a while, then became good again. Both of those guys have been a steady progression, but were never considered great.

I agree with Greenway though. Playing way better than last year, which I consider his worth season of his career despite the fact that last year was some how his first Pro Bowl season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald McCoy - He wasn't bad last year, but he wasn't playing like he is this year. Last year he would take over games for a little while. This year he's doing it every week, for the whole game. Easily the most important guy on our defense.

Mason Foster - He was slightly below average last year. This year he's a completely different LB. He's got seven tackles for loss and an interception already. He leads the league in solo tackles. Total monster this year.

Michael Bennett - He's always looked like he'd be better suited as a rotational guy. That's probably still the case, but he's getting some pressure on the QB and has at least one sack in three games this year. That's a lot better than last year.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... Maybe Jarvis Jenkins? I'm not really sure who else for the Redskins.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Bears:

Tim Jennings
Major Wright
Israel Idonije
Corey Wootton

All four had mediocre seasons at best last year and now appear to be playing at a very high level. Jennings oddly enough got benched from his starting position a few times last season. The defense as a whole just seems to be playing more fierce and I think it all starts with the guys up front.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: