Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stand for something or fall for anything!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Stand for something or fall for anything! Reply with quote

We have all been here before. Countless players we would have drafted or free agent signings to improve our beloved Jets. But there comes a time when the team has to build from the bottom up. George Steinbrenner knew this all too well. He hired the best scouts he could, invested in stop gap superstars until his vision was realized and the Yankees became not only a powerhouse, but a pattern for success. In the NFL there are such storied franchises, we all know their names. I would rather have the Jets look at what does not work, and consider taking the approach that have made other franchises so successful. N.E. has transformed it's team in three years. Traded out of the first round, picked up more draft choices and let the super stars hit FA. It has worked for them, it can work for us. It's a long road back to respectability and trading draft choices and hoping for FA to come and sign with this team is unrealistic. The Jets are as good as their record indicates, and I cannot believe they can play much worse. So TAKE A STAND Woody, build a team and a franchise, or you will fall for the next best thing "as usual". I'm going to avoid the MOCK SHOCK that has gripped our forum. Call me unrealistic, hopeful, a dreamer, but I still believe this defense can be special and it has yet to live up to all the promise of the preseason and win us some games.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't gave up on the season. before the season started , I said " If we can atleast go 2-3 after the first 5, we can make the playoffs." even with the injuries, I'm not back tracking. I have to be honest, I don't like our chances, but I'm still trying to believe.

The toughest teams left on our schedule is the Pats, Dolphins, Cardinals, and Seahawks. Other games we can win. All of our loses came against other playoff teams. We play a lot of bad pass defenses; Pats - 30th, Dolphins-27th, Titans-25th, Bills-24th, Jags-21st. Which should make things easier on Sanchez as keller return. Our defense is pretty much ridding on Wilson & cro. If they can play their man tight, that will allow Rex to send more against the run.

We look bad right now, but looking at the big picture, we still have a shot. A slim shot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: