You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MMA Thread XXII | GSP-Diaz up next
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Dus10 wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Most pathetic title defense in UFC history. JDS makes Frank Mir look like Lance Armstrong.


That's all Cain pushing the pace. That opening scramble was absolutely unreal for HWTs. All the effort JDS put in defending the take down is what is about to win this fight.


^^^^

Ding ding ding

Give this guy a prize.


Then why wasn't Cain gassed? We see guys gas themselves out trying to work hard attacking. I definitely understand if this continues into the 3rd or 4th and JDS slowed down then. This was IN THE FIRST THREE MINUTES.

One guy is in championship shape, the other is not.

Junior Dos Shoguntos

I don't think anyone here is fully comprehending just how devastating it is to the heavyweight division for Cain to have the gas tank that he does.

It is more of a feather in his cap then anything any other top level fighter has going for them in their respective divisions. Period.

Valasquez is going to hold this title for the foreseeable future barring any more fluke 1st round punches or kicks.


No doubt, but there is no excuse for a world class fighter gassing in first 3 mins of a fight, period. I definitely did not see JDS keeping this up after a few rounds, but come on. If this was Mir, people would be saying, "Oh that Frank and his half a liter gas tank." Also, as far as JDS eating the punches, he was already gassed before he at any big blows. He was so gassed early he didn't see and/or pretty much had no ability to get out of the way.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watched the 1st round again. JDS fades at around 2:30. The mad scramble takes place in the 1st 20 secs. He's just forced to move around a lot and Cain doesn't come close to another takedown in those 1st 2:30. Obviously the constant movement he's forced to do really drains him. I have no doubt that at that pace Cain would have worn down pretty much anyone, but not in 2 and a half mins. JDS is not well conditioned.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dus10


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 18736
Location: Sarasota, FL.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote




_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
So is anyone giving Cain a chance in hell???

Personally I think JDS is the most complete MMA fighter on the planet.


The most complete MMA figher? Not remotely. He's the best one-dimensional figher on the planet, though.


How do you figure?

Excellent striking, he's showen great TDD and I guarntee he's no sloutch on the ground.

Maybe the most complete mma fighter isnt the best term to use, I think he is the best right now though.


I think you may wish to recant that statement after watching JDS get dominated and pummeled for 5 straight rounds by Velasquez. As I said, JDS is the best one-dimensional fighter in the sport, but he's not remotely close to the most complete MMA fighter.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 19994
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ No need to rub it in, I'm sure he knows. Laughing If everybody was forced to eat their crow following a UFC card, the species would be quickly endangered. For example, I thought Guillard would fight with the tiniest spec of intelligence and get an easy win. I have no interest in admitting how very wrong I was.

Actually, JDS was better at getting up than I expected. His method (giving up his back then using wrestling escapes) wasn't the most effecient, but you could tell he had a good feel for it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dus10


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 18736
Location: Sarasota, FL.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is like the first time a fight I truly cared about has gone my way in a calendar year. No hyperbole.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 19994
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Yeah, this is like the first time a fight I truly cared about has gone my way in a calendar year. No hyperbole.


I know that feel. Ever since Hendricks KO'd Fitch things have been rough. That's probably why I stay so attached to Jon Jones, I need somebody who I know won't let me down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 19994
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
[img]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548051_316473721802773_1736440555_n.jpg[img]

[img]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538653_316549058461906_574870367_n.jpg[img]



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 9330
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:



LMFAO
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dus10


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 18736
Location: Sarasota, FL.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewatched the fight. Too emotionally invested and too inebriated to properly break down the fight solely off my first viewing.

Two things I noticed.

1st - That shot in the first round Cain caught Junior with sent him to Never, Never, Land. I believe some of what was perceived as horrible cardio was in fact Junior being damned near unconscious for the final few minutes of that round. Amazed Cain did not finish him there. Not sure what to take away from that.

2nd - So Cigaro is apparently god's gift to boxing at the heavyweight division, correct? Then why oh why whenever he would find himself in any kind of trouble standing did he resort to Uriah Faber-style elbows? This wasn't a once of twice "catch 'em" kind of thing. It was quite literally his safety net when [inappropriate/removed] started getting a little too real. Perplexing. I can't picture a Diaz brother, Nog brother, Frankie, etc. etc. etc. (real boxers) abandoning their supposed base when they find themselves in deep water.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 74921
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone talking JDS-Cain so much? The REAL news is that Todd Duffee is BACK!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1st - That shot in the first round Cain caught Junior with sent him to Never, Never, Land. I believe some of what was perceived as horrible cardio was in fact Junior being damned near unconscious for the final few minutes of that round. Amazed Cain did not finish him there. Not sure what to take away from that.


That shot came well after JDS's cardio was fading.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packman Luke


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 19994
Location: Minnesota =(
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
1st - That shot in the first round Cain caught Junior with sent him to Never, Never, Land. I believe some of what was perceived as horrible cardio was in fact Junior being damned near unconscious for the final few minutes of that round. Amazed Cain did not finish him there. Not sure what to take away from that.


That shot came well after JDS's cardio was fading.


It was really weird. He was obviously starting to fade like you said (I really think that first big scramble did it, and it just took a bit for it to show/kick in) but not to the point where he couldn't keep his hands up. I read somewhere that he said he was thinking about the takedown and left himself open. I think he was getting tired, and had no respect for Cain's power (and didn't expect it) so he left his hands down.

He definitely learned a few lessons in this fight. I expect a lot of the new muscle he put on to be trimmed down next time we see him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 53676
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
1st - That shot in the first round Cain caught Junior with sent him to Never, Never, Land. I believe some of what was perceived as horrible cardio was in fact Junior being damned near unconscious for the final few minutes of that round. Amazed Cain did not finish him there. Not sure what to take away from that.


That shot came well after JDS's cardio was fading.


It was really weird. He was obviously starting to fade like you said (I really think that first big scramble did it, and it just took a bit for it to show/kick in) but not to the point where he couldn't keep his hands up. I read somewhere that he said he was thinking about the takedown and left himself open. I think he was getting tired, and had no respect for Cain's power (and didn't expect it) so he left his hands down.

He definitely learned a few lessons in this fight. I expect a lot of the new muscle he put on to be trimmed down next time we see him.


That was my main criticism of JDS in the past, he gets hit way too much. I thought it could be the determining factor in his fight with Carwin, but he moved extremely well and barely took any damage. But yea, if you see his previous fights, he's not great defensively. The comparison to Chuck Liddell is actually staggering, they are so similar, except JDS is more technical and Chuck used kicks more (at least earlier on his career).
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

D#######
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 31494
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Packman Luke wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
Quote:
1st - That shot in the first round Cain caught Junior with sent him to Never, Never, Land. I believe some of what was perceived as horrible cardio was in fact Junior being damned near unconscious for the final few minutes of that round. Amazed Cain did not finish him there. Not sure what to take away from that.


That shot came well after JDS's cardio was fading.


It was really weird. He was obviously starting to fade like you said (I really think that first big scramble did it, and it just took a bit for it to show/kick in) but not to the point where he couldn't keep his hands up. I read somewhere that he said he was thinking about the takedown and left himself open. I think he was getting tired, and had no respect for Cain's power (and didn't expect it) so he left his hands down.

He definitely learned a few lessons in this fight. I expect a lot of the new muscle he put on to be trimmed down next time we see him.


That was my main criticism of JDS in the past, he gets hit way too much. I thought it could be the determining factor in his fight with Carwin, but he moved extremely well and barely took any damage. But yea, if you see his previous fights, he's not great defensively. The comparison to Chuck Liddell is actually staggering, they are so similar, except JDS is more technical and Chuck used kicks more (at least earlier on his career).


Whatever happened to Carwin?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 57 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group