Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jamal Charles vs Arian Foster vs RayRice v LaSeanMccoy v MJD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
1.MJD
2.Ray Rice
3. Lesean Mccoy
4. Arian Foster
5. Jamaal Charles

But jamaal charles can move up by the end of the season.

Yup. But it's really really close, IMO.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Because every great back in history has had too…also saying that Foster has the same luxury is way off base…Foster has 762 carries in 39 games…that’s 19.5 carries per game…Charles has 601 carries in 54 games…that’s just over 11 carries per game…Foster doesn’t play with the same kind of backup help as Charles does even tho Tate is talented in his own right.

You're counting Charles rookie season when he was a backup... The guy only had one game with more than 7 carries that year. You can't honestly count that.

Since becoming the starter, Charles has 534 carries in 38 games. Still not at Foster's workload level, but a huge difference.

Charles had 67 carries on the year as a rookie...Foster only had 54...so yes I'm counting both.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Because every great back in history has had too…also saying that Foster has the same luxury is way off base…Foster has 762 carries in 39 games…that’s 19.5 carries per game…Charles has 601 carries in 54 games…that’s just over 11 carries per game…Foster doesn’t play with the same kind of backup help as Charles does even tho Tate is talented in his own right.

You're counting Charles rookie season when he was a backup... The guy only had one game with more than 7 carries that year. You can't honestly count that.

Since becoming the starter, Charles has 534 carries in 38 games. Still not at Foster's workload level, but a huge difference.

It's actually not a huge difference...

Discounting Charles' rookie year, he goes from averaging 11.1 carries per game to 14.

Discounting Foster's rookie year, he goes from averaging 19.8 carries per game to 21.6.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Arian Foster
2.Lesean Mccoy
3. MJD
4. Ray Rice
5. Jamaal Charles

RAY LEWIS 2.0
You dont Kung-Fu,Kung-Fu is a way of life-
Jackie Chan
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now, Jamaal Charles success in 2010 was more because of Cassel than the other way around? Laughing . I've heard it all....

That is just ridiculous.

Madmike, why do you keep saying "Pro Bowl QB" as if it means anything? You realize that means nothing, right? Cassel was not a good quarterback in 2010. IDC if he went to a pro bowl or threw 27 tds and 7 ints...Any Chiefs can (I'm not even one) will tell you that he was still very mediocre.

I'm not arguing that Charles is better than Forte or vice versa, but it just really made me laugh that you keep saying "WELL CHARLES HAD A PRO BOWL QB DERP DERP".

Quote:
Where the Chiefs also had a pro bowl QB & WR?...that’s not really carrying a team on your own is it.

Charles was clearly the piece that made that offense go. IDC how many carries he had, he carried that offense to the playoffs that year.

But you're totally right...Cassel made a Pro Bowl that year therefore Charles was obviously helped so much by his great Pro Bowl quarterback Rolling Eyes

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
So now, Jamaal Charles success in 2010 was more because of Cassel than the other way around? Laughing . I've heard it all....

That is just ridiculous.

Madmike, why do you keep saying "Pro Bowl QB" as if it means anything? You realize that means nothing, right? Cassel was not a good quarterback in 2010. IDC if he went to a pro bowl or threw 27 tds and 7 ints...Any Chiefs can (I'm not even one) will tell you that he was still very mediocre.

I'm not arguing that Charles is better than Forte or vice versa, but it just really made me laugh that you keep saying "WELL CHARLES HAD A PRO BOWL QB DERP DERP".

Quote:
Where the Chiefs also had a pro bowl QB & WR?...that’s not really carrying a team on your own is it.

Charles was clearly the piece that made that offense go. IDC how many carries he had, he carried that offense to the playoffs that year.

But you're totally right...Cassel made a Pro Bowl that year therefore Charles was obviously helped so much by his great Pro Bowl quarterback Rolling Eyes

Ok any QB who throws for over 3,000 yards with 27 TDs & only 7 INTs had a solid season no matter how much he is hated by his own fan base…not only that but are we just going ahead and writing off the fact Bowe was also great in that year? Having a quality WR on the outside takes a ton of pressure off any RB…I would expect that to happing this season for Forte now that he has Marshall on the outside…and as much as people might want to say it was Charles who made the offence go it is naive to say Cassel & Bowe didn’t have just as much to do with it.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

Ok any QB who throws for over 3,000 yards with 27 TDs & only 7 INTs had a solid season no matter how much he is hated by his own fan base…not only that but are we just going ahead and writing off the fact Bowe was also great in that year? Having a quality WR on the outside takes a ton of pressure off any RB…I would expect that to happing this season for Forte now that he has Marshall on the outside…and as much as people might want to say it was Charles who made the offence go it is naive to say Cassel & Bowe didn’t have just as much to do with it.

3,000 yards....or about half of what Drew Brees throws for. Very Happy He had a great TD/INT ratio helped greatly by his running game and the way Haley coached, holding him back from trying to make plays that he can't. Watch the game tape, he was awful. Bowe is great every year, just because he's far better than anyone da bears had, doesn't have much to do with Charles/Forte...da Bears still had the better QB that year.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

3,000 yards....or about half of what Drew Brees throws for. Very Happy He had a great TD/INT ratio helped greatly by his running game and the way Haley coached, holding him back from trying to make plays that he can't. Watch the game tape, he was awful. Bowe is great every year, just because he's far better than anyone da bears had, doesn't have much to do with Charles/Forte...da Bears still had the better QB that year.

So your saying having a worst QB than Forte had does matter but having a better WR than any one on the Bears at the time to keep the extra defender out of the box doesn't matter?...lol that's a bit of a double standard wouldn't you say?...Charles is a quality RB and I'm not denying that but I just don't feel he has ever single handily carried a team before...I would however expect that to change this season but until it does I don't feel he can be in the conversation for being the #1 back in the NFL...nor would I take him over Forte.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Foster
2. Ray Rice
3. MJD
4. McCoy
5. Charles

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

So your saying having a worst QB than Forte had does matter but having a better WR than any one on the Bears at the time to keep the extra defender out of the box doesn't matter?...lol that's a bit of a double standard wouldn't you say?...Charles is a quality RB and I'm not denying that but I just don't feel he has ever single handily carried a team before...I would however expect that to change this season but until it does I don't feel he can be in the conversation for being the #1 back in the NFL...nor would I take him over Forte.

No It doesn't, QB is more important...the box was crowded anyways cuz Cassel sucked, that's the only way he was able to throw that many TD's.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

No It doesn't, QB is more important...the box was crowded anyways cuz Cassel sucked, that's the only way he was able to throw that many TD's.

Man you guys really hate Cassel Laughing
tyler735

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Charles
2. MJD
3. Rice
4. Foster
5. Mccoy

As for Charles vs. Forte.......Charles easily is the better player. Forte is a very good one, but Charles for his ENTIRE career averages 6 yards per carry, which is pretty much unheard of. Charles is an absolute weapon and his playing ability is very rare. Basically Charles could go down as an all time great, but I don't feel the same can be said for Forte, I think he will be remembered as a good all around runningback.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Charles
2. Peterson
3. MJD
4. Rice
5. McCoy
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
1. Charles
2. Peterson

3. MJD
4. Rice
5. McCoy

If you really want to believe this, go right ahead. Just don't EVER complain again when your fanbase continues to get picked on.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
1. Charles
2. Peterson

3. MJD
4. Rice
5. McCoy

If you really want to believe this, go right ahead. Just don't EVER complain again when your fanbase continues to get picked on.

Yeah, dude, Peterson has had the better career, but to say it's laughable to rank Charles ahead of Peterson right now is ignorant. They are both pretty much my favorite players in the league. They are really the only two with the ability to take their team somewhere w/out decent QB play. Right now Charles is playing better and since you can't say it's a one year fluke, why doesn't he get the edge?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: