Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jamal Charles vs Arian Foster vs RayRice v LaSeanMccoy v MJD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
1. Charles
2. Peterson

3. MJD
4. Rice
5. McCoy

If you really want to believe this, go right ahead. Just don't EVER complain again when your fanbase continues to get picked on.

Yeah, dude, Peterson has had the better career, but to say it's laughable to rank Charles ahead of Peterson right now is ignorant. They are both pretty much my favorite players in the league. They are really the only two with the ability to take their team somewhere w/out decent QB play. Right now Charles is playing better and since you can't say it's a one year fluke, why doesn't he get the edge?

Charles is playing better? I don't see it. Let's break them down:

Charles
Week 1 (ATL): I actually watched bits of this game. Wasn't too impressed.
Week 3 (NO): Torched them; had a jaw-dropping statline.
Week 4 (SD): So-so. Broke a long TD, and accounted for another one, but turned it over twice within his first four carries.
Week 5 (BAL): Got off to a fabulous start, but he was a complete non-factor in the second half.

Peterson
Week 1 (Jac): Outstanding game considering he didn't even suit up during the preseason.
Week 2 (IND): Half of his carries went for 5 yards or more. Monster game? Certainly not, but a steady and productive one.
Week 3 (SF): 107 total yards against a defense widely regarded as the best in the league? Not too bad.
Week 4 (DET): Another beastly effort from him. Broke 10 tackles; 71 yards came after initial contact.
Week 5 (TEN): Hurt his ankle on the first carry of the game. Still finished with relatively solid numbers.

So, no, I strongly disagree with that.

Are you serious with comparing them like that? You are actually degrading Charles because of the team continually running him in the 2nd half against the Ravens even though they had adjusted and were all out against the run, then you hardly recognize the 1st half when they still knew it was coming and couldn't stop it.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Why are chiefs fans choosing Charles ypc against their other backs as if that as an argument? Did you see the Texans running backs before foster with essentially the same oline? Yes Tate gets good ypc, but that's because he is a good running back in his own right and it always helps playing alongside an elite rb like Arian.

I don't care about before. I'm not talking about before. In 2010, both Texans backups had a higher ypc. In 2011, Tate did, while Ward's was lower. This year, both backups are about equal to Foster in terms of ypc.

Not even close to the type of dramatic difference with Charles. And I'm sure since you said before Foster, you want to talk about 2009 or 2008, but those years included a different OC, different OGs, and much younger and lesser forms of Duane Brown and Eric Winston.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Why are chiefs fans choosing Charles ypc against their other backs as if that as an argument? Did you see the Texans running backs before foster with essentially the same oline? Yes Tate gets good ypc, but that's because he is a good running back in his own right and it always helps playing alongside an elite rb like Arian.

I don't care about before. I'm not talking about before. In 2010, both Texans backups had a higher ypc. In 2011, Tate did, while Ward's was lower. This year, both backups are about equal to Foster in terms of ypc.

Not even close to the type of dramatic difference with Charles. And I'm sure since you said before Foster, you want to talk about 2009 or 2008, but those years included a different OC, different OGs, and much younger and lesser forms of Duane Brown and Eric Winston.

So what you're saying is that in order for Arian Foster to get closer to Jamaal Charles' level, the Texans need to find some worse backups.

Makes sense.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson is clearly better than Charles in the same way that Charles is clearly better than Foster and has always been.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

So what you're saying is that in order for Arian Foster to get closer to Jamaal Charles' level, the Texans need to find some worse backups.

Makes sense.

And what you're saying is, you either don't know how to read, or you have no desire to actually give adequate respect to my opinion before offering a uselessly inaccurate retort.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

I would have Peterson above McCoy though. There isn't a RB in football I would rather have on my team than Charles. He is simply the best runner in football and he's amazing as a receiver too.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

I would have Peterson above McCoy though. There isn't a RB in football I would rather have on my team than Charles. He is simply the best runner in football and he's amazing as a receiver too.

See, I just don't agree with this. Charles is the most explosive RB in the game right now, and nobody can consistently burst into the second level like he can, but he's not a better pure runner than AD. Nobody is right now, and nobody was when he first came into the league.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

See, I just don't agree with this. Charles is the most explosive RB in the game right now, and nobody can consistently burst into the second level like he can, but he's not a better pure runner than AD. Nobody is right now, and nobody was when he first came into the league.

It's hard for me to argue either way...I've thought AD was no doubt the best since he entered the league until Charles exploded in '10...I still gave the edge to AD. Charles is getting more of a full workload for the first time (many thought this was the reason his ypc was so high) and nobody can come close to his production, despite the worst rated QB in the league.

I'll be the first to say AD has everything you could ever want and basically has as much or more in every physical aspect than JC. Charles has every quality but elite power. It just seems the on the field evidence points to JC at this point.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

It's hard for me to argue either way...I've thought AD was no doubt the best since he entered the league until Charles exploded in '10...I still gave the edge to AD. Charles is getting more of a full workload for the first time and nobody can come close to his production, despite the worst rated QB in the league.

Fair enough. You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theyre all Beasts, but id rather have Charles for now. Biased but damn is he rodiculous. I just hope they dont run him into the ground this year.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

Darren McFadden actually held that title until this season.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. Charles
2. McCoy
3. Foster
4. Rice
5. MJD

It's hard for me to argue either way...I've thought AD was no doubt the best since he entered the league until Charles exploded in '10...I still gave the edge to AD. Charles is getting more of a full workload for the first time and nobody can come close to his production, despite the worst rated QB in the league.

Fair enough. You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

For sure. I'm just wondering you went game by game for each guy...did you put any consideration into how bad Cassel is and how teams are stacking up against the run vs the fact Ponder is playing quite well and can actually make a play if they stack the box against the run?

be WARE94

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more i think about it charles is pretty underrated......i'd probably go with shady then charles followed by arian then peterson

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is crazy someone would take anyone other than Peterson #1.
Reign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Charles
2. Rice
3. Foster
4. McCoy
5. MJD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: