Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do So many people think Eli>Peyton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there really people who believe Eli is higher on an all time list of quarterbacks than Peyton?

Are there really people who believe Peyton will have a better career than Eli from 2012 on?

Why is this so hard to grasp?
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
Because Eli is better right now and has been for the past two years.

.....i dont know if your pointing out the fact that he has done better in the last season and 4 games and thats why people are saying that....or you think that is why he is better.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this stage of their careers Eli is better. On a total career level Eli it's a slim chance Eli eclipses Peyton's accomplishments. He will more then likely never get a league MVP so he would have to do it with SB wins. Which I do believe when all is said and done he will be a 3 time SB MVP. But I don't think that's enough to trump what Peyton will have done by the end of his career.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
At this stage of their careers Eli is better. On a total career level Eli it's a slim chance Eli eclipses Peyton's accomplishments. He will more then likely never get a league MVP so he would have to do it with SB wins. Which I do believe when all is said and done he will be a 3 time SB MVP. But I don't think that's enough to trump what Peyton will have done by the end of his career.

Boom
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

super bowl wins will never let eli trump peyton. eli has zero chance of trumping his brother unless he plays for ten more years.

IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

super bowl wins will never let eli trump peyton. eli has zero chance of trumping his brother unless he plays for ten more years.

Not saying he will trump Peyton... But you do realize how old (or young for this matter) Eli is and how his best football is still ahead of him, don't you?
titwio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are not saying Eli is better than Peyton for career. They're saying who would you take take right now.

That's why people are picking Eli.
powderblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its about who we'd take now then what is the point of this thread?

Obviously Eli... thats like saying LeBron or Kobe now.
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Not saying he will trump Peyton... But you do realize how old (or young for this matter) Eli is and how his best football is still ahead of him, don't you?

you do realize that peyton was a great qb basically his whole career. eli has only had maybe three years that really compare to peytons seasons. eli would have to play ten more seasons at the level he played last season to over take him.

but eli is better now....thats kinda obvious.

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

I don't agree. If he gets 4 SB wins and 4 SB MVP's then it becomes a real legitimate debate. I don't think 3 is enough though.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

I don't agree. If he gets 4 SB wins and 4 SB MVP's then it becomes a real legitimate debate. I don't think 3 is enough though.

how is it a debate? how does that make him as an individual better that he wins team trophies? there is no way. his stats and his play dont even come close to touching peyton.

Meco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because right now it's true.
x0x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jous7 wrote:
Peyton still has a case for the greatest of all time.

Nope. Well alright, if he leads Denver to a Championship.....

Nope, still not buying it. Way too many playoff failures.

Marino>Manning always.

Anywho, Eli Manning has won more playoff road games than any other QB in history. 5. Might not seem like much but why didn't all the other great QBs do it? Eli is also the only QB that won 4 playoff games in a season on two occasions.

He did accomplish the impossible last year when he took such an awful offense and CARRIED their butts.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
thought id share this. tooo funny

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

That's awesome.

I was hella laughing.
Then sent it to a few people

new sig... sorry alex
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Jous7 wrote:
Peyton still has a case for the greatest of all time.

Nope. Well alright, if he leads Denver to a Championship.....

Nope, still not buying it. Way too many playoff failures.

Marino>Manning always.

Anywho, Eli Manning has won more playoff road games than any other QB in history. 5. Might not seem like much but why didn't all the other great QBs do it? Eli is also the only QB that won 4 playoff games in a season on two occasions.

He did accomplish the impossible last year when he took such an awful offense and CARRIED their butts.

you say peyton has to many playoff failures but marino is greater then manning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: