Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do So many people think Eli>Peyton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
x0x wrote:
Jous7 wrote:
Peyton still has a case for the greatest of all time.

Nope. Well alright, if he leads Denver to a Championship.....

Nope, still not buying it. Way too many playoff failures.

Marino>Manning always.

Anywho, Eli Manning has won more playoff road games than any other QB in history. 5. Might not seem like much but why didn't all the other great QBs do it? Eli is also the only QB that won 4 playoff games in a season on two occasions.

He did accomplish the impossible last year when he took such an awful offense and CARRIED their butts.

you say peyton has to many playoff failures but marino is greater then manning?

I'm wondering the same thing.
C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt talking about right now by the way there are many many people that think Eli surpassed Peyton last year career wise. Like they had this argument on nfl network and espn and the majority said Eli because he has 2 rings.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGFan101 wrote:
Because Eli is better right now and has been for the past two years.

Yes, people have short memories. In the end I think both players will be highly regarded by NFL historians and fans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah people arent gonna just say they are both good. They are gonna argue which is better.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its already been said, but Eli is better now, but Peyton is much better all-time. Aside from pure talent, the way Peyton messes with a defense and leads a team is incredible.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everybody has said, Eli is better now but Peyton is clearly better all-time.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
At this stage of their careers Eli is better. On a total career level Eli it's a slim chance Eli eclipses Peyton's accomplishments. He will more then likely never get a league MVP so he would have to do it with SB wins. Which I do believe when all is said and done he will be a 3 time SB MVP. But I don't think that's enough to trump what Peyton will have done by the end of his career.

super bowl wins will never let eli trump peyton. eli has zero chance of trumping his brother unless he plays for ten more years.

I don't agree. If he gets 4 SB wins and 4 SB MVP's then it becomes a real legitimate debate. I don't think 3 is enough though.

how is it a debate? how does that make him as an individual better that he wins team trophies? there is no way. his stats and his play dont even come close to touching peyton.

Since when is a SB MVP award a team accomplishment?

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im honestly not even syre Eli is really even better now.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Like everybody has said, Eli is better now but Peyton is clearly better all-time.

How can anyone be so sure of this? Peyton sat out an entire season with an injury, I had no clue this meant Eli passed him in ability?
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
At this stage of their careers Eli is better. On a total career level Eli it's a slim chance Eli eclipses Peyton's accomplishments. He will more then likely never get a league MVP so he would have to do it with SB wins. Which I do believe when all is said and done he will be a 3 time SB MVP. But I don't think that's enough to trump what Peyton will have done by the end of his career.

super bowl wins will never let eli trump peyton. eli has zero chance of trumping his brother unless he plays for ten more years.

I don't agree. If he gets 4 SB wins and 4 SB MVP's then it becomes a real legitimate debate. I don't think 3 is enough though.

how is it a debate? how does that make him as an individual better that he wins team trophies? there is no way. his stats and his play dont even come close to touching peyton.

Since when is a SB MVP award a team accomplishment?

SB mvps dont really mean anything. its the best player on the team that won the super bowl....thats not much competition. and qbs win them by default most of the time. if there isnt anyone who sticks out the qb automatically gets the award. in the end mvps mean a million times more.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

SB mvps dont really mean anything. its the best player on the team that won the super bowl....thats not much competition. and qbs win them by default most of the time. if there isnt anyone who sticks out the qb automatically gets the award. in the end mvps mean a million times more.

Sounds like a cynical opinion to me. Considering your an Eagles fan I can certainly understand why you would think this way. Wink

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

Sounds like a cynical opinion to me. Considering your an Eagles fan I can certainly understand why you would think this way. Wink

being an eagles fan has nothing to do with it. holmes won a super bowl mvp doesnt make him better then CJ. the super bowl MVP has a option of about 30 people every year.

but i forgot who im arguing with, so im done. im not going to argue with someone who discounts anyone's opinion that is a division rival, even though i could easily dismiss your argument since you could be a homer Rolling Eyes

Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

being an eagles fan has nothing to do with it. holmes won a super bowl mvp doesnt make him better then CJ. the super bowl MVP has a option of about 30 people every year.

but i forgot who im arguing with, so im done. im not going to argue with someone who discounts anyone's opinion that is a division rival, even though i could easily dismiss your argument since you could be a homer Rolling Eyes

If Holmes won 4 SB MVP'S it would make him debatable better then CJ. Nothing funnier then a biased division rival calling another division rival biased. Wink

AmerigoCorleone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
If Holmes won 4 SB MVP'S it would make him debatable better then CJ.

No it wouldn't.
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmerigoCorleone wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
If Holmes won 4 SB MVP'S it would make him debatable better then CJ.

No it wouldn't.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: