Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why do So many people think Eli>Peyton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my phone is really glitchy so my last post was entered before I was done so...as I was saying.

The article put Eli in a "clutch group" and Peyton in a "stats group." which is such a simplistic and ridiculous way to compare the two. There was also a poll attached to the article where Peyton only won 54 to 46. Also saying that "at the time, Peyton Manning was being compared to Tom Brady" like right now they aren't comparable. It just makes me wanna pull all my hair out.

On another note, I'm not sure that Eli is clearly better right now or even better at all. Just because Peyton was out for a year and some could say he has a noodle doesnt mean Eli is better right now, I mean Peyton still has 11 TDs/3 INTs to Eli's 10 TD's/5 INTs. I know that doesnt even come close to telling the whole story but still
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:
Well my phone is really glitchy so my last post was entered before I was done so...as I was saying.

The article put Eli in a "clutch group" and Peyton in a "stats group." which is such a simplistic and ridiculous way to compare the two. There was also a poll attached to the article where Peyton only won 54 to 46. Also saying that "at the time, Peyton Manning was being compared to Tom Brady" like right now they aren't comparable. It just makes me wanna pull all my hair out.

On another note, I'm not sure that Eli is clearly better right now or even better at all. Just because Peyton was out for a year and some could say he has a noodle doesnt mean Eli is better right now, I mean Peyton still has 11 TDs/3 INTs to Eli's 10 TD's/5 INTs. I know that doesnt even come close to telling the whole story but still

Yeh but youre forgetting that most of TDs have come in garabge time for the lack of a better term. It is taking him a while to get into rhythm. Defenses are not playing with the same intensity or urgency when they have the lead late in the game.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton is still better than Eli. Career wise? It's not even remotely close.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

If not for the Browns getting away with the most ridiculous PI ever (literally sticking an arms in between Cruz's elbows so he couldn't moved his arms to cup the ball or reach for it) it'd be 11 TDs and 4 INTs. STats don't tell the whole story.
jgold72288

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

If not for the Browns getting away with the most ridiculous PI ever (literally sticking an arms in between Cruz's elbows so he couldn't moved his arms to cup the ball or reach for it) it'd be 11 TDs and 4 INTs. STats don't tell the whole story.
True, but we could go at this all day. If Demaryius doesn't fumble the ball away 10 yards from the end zone twice in consecutive weeks, Peyton likely has 1-2 more TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: