Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[GDT] Browns @ Giants #ForPags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else take much pleasure in watching GB lose? And they have @Houston next week. I'm seeing a 2-4 record for them.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
anyone else take much pleasure in watching GB lose? And they have @Houston next week. I'm seeing a 2-4 record for them.

We really like to beat ourselves. - Clay Matthews

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

Packers losing to colts equals.---->

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Yep that's right. The Packers never get beaten, they just let the other teams win once in a while. The players are just as cocky as the fanbase. Laughing

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Yep that's right. The Packers never get beaten, they just let the other teams win once in a while. The players are just as cocky as the fanbase. Laughing

At this rate people will start referring to pulling a Discount Double Check as a way of conveying an ultimate fail.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only got to catch the end of the game ... Happy with the way our guys played and didn't let the 1st 5 minutes get in thier heads

Bolieve in Masai
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only NFC east team with a win. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when Nicks and Barden come back, the Giants have 5 legit receivers. And by the end of the season, when David Wilson earns some trust, we could have 3 legit running backs. Could be a fun offense to watch as long as the offensive line holds up.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the win. I just wanted to ask what you guys think of the Browns? Most non-Browns fans who haven't seen them play give the Browns a lot of crap and act like they're the worst team in the league. I'm a pretty unbiased fan but I simply don't see how the Browns are the worst team in the league. I mean, today was their biggest loss of the season.

What do you guys think? What players stood out? Do you guys think the Browns are the worst team in the league like many other non-Browns fans think?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say they impressed me today. Your secondary needs alot of work, and there was very little pressure on Eli at all. But Richardson is an absolute stud, Weeden had some really nice touch on his throws. Once he improves his decision making he will be a good QB for you guys. Yea he's 29 but QB's play their best in their early 30's. I think you guys have a nice young core group of players to build on. And the 0-5 record is not an indication of the talent on your team. You should have beaten Philly, you played Baltimore hard. Personally I think Tennessee, Jacksonville and Oakland are the three worst teams in the league.

- Your o-line completely stonewalled our defense, especially JPP
- Cribbs is an awesome returner (despite the fumble)
- Your receiving corps lacks a #1 stud but it's got some good young talent
- Richardson and Weeden will both improve over the next couple of seasons and I see you guys at 8-8 or better in two seasons

DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I can say they impressed me today. Your secondary needs alot of work, and there was very little pressure on Eli at all. But Richardson is an absolute stud, Weeden had some really nice touch on his throws. Once he improves his decision making he will be a good QB for you guys. Yea he's 29 but QB's play their best in their early 30's. I think you guys have a nice young core group of players to build on. And the 0-5 record is not an indication of the talent on your team. You should have beaten Philly, you played Baltimore hard. Personally I think Tennessee, Jacksonville and Oakland are the three worst teams in the league.

- Your o-line completely stonewalled our defense, especially JPP
- Cribbs is an awesome returner (despite the fumble)
- Your receiving corps lacks a #1 stud but it's got some good young talent
- Richardson and Weeden will both improve over the next couple of seasons and I see you guys at 8-8 or better in two seasons

Thanks for the input. The Browns really miss Joe Haden. The secondary looks so much better when he's in there. The CBs really aren't that bad, it's just they're all forced to move up a spot on the depth chart with Haden out. Sheldon Brown is a decent #2, but shouldn't be a #1. Skrine is raw and has potential, but shouldn't be seeing starters minutes. Patterson is a good nickel back, but also shouldn't be starting.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without Haden, I have the Browns as the worst team in the league. With Haden, I still believe they're bottom 3-4.

The entire defense looked terrible - They couldnt get pressure against a below average pass blocking oline. I can't remember the last time I saw the Giants run the ball like that. And they couldn't cover anyone despite 2 of the top 4 WRs missing. That defense and Weeden is a formula for disaster.

I do believe they'd be easier to turn around then the other teams near the bottom. Trent is a stud and I love the oline. The WRs have some talent. If they can land a star pass rusher at the top of the draft (Von Miller type) and Weeden takes a step forward, they can be a .500 team in the near future.
Shockey_80

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I have to say I'm proud of our victory we have to keep up in the division but I can't ignore the problems that I saw. First Antrel Rolle continues to show why he was overpaid. I personally feel Fewell scheme is way too zone happy. We depend on our front 4 too much. Granted we have the most athletic d line. But Brandon Weeden should not have the time he had today. We are a resilient team and that is why I love the Giants. But our defense MUST play better than what we did today. I can't be the only one who sees our defensive problems. I'm a huge David Wilson fan aka D-Wil glad to see him score today. Off to San Fran Don't count us out We have Eli Manning!!!!!!!!

Hakeem Nicks AKA Straight BALLIN!!!!
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Congrats on the win. I just wanted to ask what you guys think of the Browns? Most non-Browns fans who haven't seen them play give the Browns a lot of crap and act like they're the worst team in the league. I'm a pretty unbiased fan but I simply don't see how the Browns are the worst team in the league. I mean, today was their biggest loss of the season.

What do you guys think? What players stood out? Do you guys think the Browns are the worst team in the league like many other non-Browns fans think?

I was super impressed with Richardson. He's a sexy manbeast. Also Josh "Flash" Gordon had 2 impressive TDs.

The Browns came in with no fear and punched the Giants in the mouth early. I think they're a talented team with a good future.

I think the Browns have great fans too who are really passionate and stick with their team. I root for the Browns on the side cause I'd like to see you guys have a winner. Best of luck the rest of the way.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey_80 wrote:
First off I have to say I'm proud of our victory we have to keep up in the division but I can't ignore the problems that I saw. First Antrel Rolle continues to show why he was overpaid. I personally feel Fewell scheme is way too zone happy. We depend on our front 4 too much. Granted we have the most athletic d line. But Brandon Weeden should not have the time he had today. We are a resilient team and that is why I love the Giants. But our defense MUST play better than what we did today. I can't be the only one who sees our defensive problems. I'm a huge David Wilson fan aka D-Wil glad to see him score today. Off to San Fran Don't count us out We have Eli Manning!!!!!!!!

I think that Fewell played a lot of zone because of the injuries we had in our secondary. Prince is the only person that was able to press, Cweb has a broken hand so hits hard for him to play bump and run.

That 60 yard TD was ridiculous. Why was blackburn running with a WR, as a matter of fact why is even on the field on third down?

Our D-line was non-existent today. I know the browns o-line is very good but we hardly got any pressure. If we get no sacks, ok i can live with that but no pressures or hurries at all. Thats a bit concerning.

Our defense was depleted so i cant really criticise the defense. They played ok as a unit today.

Our O-line was great today, not im not sure if thats because of opponent but still they did their job. I like Diehl but dont plug him back in - if its not broken, dont fix it.

Other than that, off to the west coast we go!

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: