Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derek Wolfe Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Derek Wolfe Analysis Reply with quote

I thought I'd bring this up. I wish I had access to games so I could re-watch them and do this myself but I was wondering if anyone else has an analysis or even just an opinion on Derek Wolfe's effectiveness against the run and pass as a DE vs when he's used at DT.

Thoughts? I think he's been more effective outside against the run but against the pass, it seems like a toss up.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Derek Wolfe Analysis Reply with quote

Wolfe does look more effective as DE.

I haven't closely studied the videos but it seems like when he plays DT he doesn't get around NFL-sized guards as easily as he did in college.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, especially in this scheme, he is better off at defensive end. He is playing the same role that Paul Spicer did for JDR in Jacksonville. He is also doing a very good job setting the edge and even getting a little pass rush.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also seems to be getting a lot of double teams, especially on the inside. Love to hear lomax weigh in here. He's got a great viewing advantage with the "all 22".
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been impressed with Wolfe in recent weeks against the power running game as both a DT and DE. He doesn't face consistent double teams, and if he does then the 2nd Lineman will peel to the 2nd level very early. He needs worth versus zone running plays; Gruden highlighted last night how he got taken to the ground by a backside cut block against a zone play that went for 10+.

Not been impressed with him as a pass rusher, but his sack and pressure (that helped cause an INT) might offer a different analysis when I watch the All 22 on Thursday.

I was thinking of creating a weekly post of my All 22 analysis - do people think that would be worthwhile or should I stick to putting stuff in the gamethread?

MUFC OK
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Been impressed with Wolfe in recent weeks against the power running game as both a DT and DE. He doesn't face consistent double teams, and if he does then the 2nd Lineman will peel to the 2nd level very early. He needs worth versus zone running plays; Gruden highlighted last night how he got taken to the ground by a backside cut block against a zone play that went for 10+.

Not been impressed with him as a pass rusher, but his sack and pressure (that helped cause an INT) might offer a different analysis when I watch the All 22 on Thursday.

I was thinking of creating a weekly post of my All 22 analysis - do people think that would be worthwhile or should I stick to putting stuff in the gamethread?

Absolutely. I look forward to reading your analysis every week. I think it is thread worthy as we can really discuss specific plays. My only request is use the screenshots more if you could, I love seeing the play broken down. Thanks! Cool
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah George, it's much appreciated to be honest. I wish I could have the All 22 footage so you're lucky, provides good insight that I love having.

Thanks, Tzimisce
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool, I will do one on Thursday. Should have a bit more time for screenshots seeing as we are on a bye this week.

MUFC OK
jonnylongfella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Yeah George, it's much appreciated to be honest. I wish I could have the All 22 footage so you're lucky, provides good insight that I love having.

I second that. As a longtime member of this forum, I really enjoy the more detailed gameplay posts as opposed to the traditional back and forth banter. You do a great job as well.

big_palooka wrote:

Call me a troll if you must.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

I'd love it, won't get swallowed in the gameday thread and would allow us to post specific questions.

DO IT!! Very Happy
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

I'd love it, won't get swallowed in the gameday thread and would allow us to post specific questions.

DO IT!! Very Happy

Yes, we'd appreciate it.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George I think that all 22 thread would be a great idea. Bring this forum back to constructive banter and make it a place where people can learn the game.

That was one great thing when I was a member early on, there were guys who were great at teaching and explaining the game. I learned most of what I know about strategy, technique, and game situation/playcalling from this forum. I'd love for it to get back to that even more, and your all 22 analysis is a very good way for members to learn the finer details of the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: