Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what will it take to fix the line?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: what will it take to fix the line? Reply with quote

every year...literally every year, we have a thread like this. Not just in the Whisenhunt era, even before that, all the way back to the Dennis Green era.

this team needs to 100% commit themselves to adding some real talent up front, free agents, draft picks...whatever it takes. This is just getting silly, and we will never be a legit, consistent threat in this league with the scrubs we have been riding with over the years.

I would like to see us spend two of our top three picks on the o-line next april...and I say that every year, but when April comes around I guess I get to excited and start hoping for a new WR, or a defensive playmaker. and this year, I got that talented new WR, but once again, we pushed our line problems off to the side.

It can't happen again, we need a first round LT next year. and maybe push Levi inside finally, where his run blocking skills can be even more usefull.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple: Resources.

The defense was TERRIBLE when Whiz first got here, now it's borderline elite because we've drafted Patrick Peterson, Dan Williams, Daryl Washington, Calais Campbell, Sam Acho and O'Brien Schofield (Plus a trade for Kerry Rhodes) in the 4-5 years. You add prime talent, you get prime play. The offensive line currently starts 1 player drafted by the Arizona Cardinals. 1. Bobby Massie, 4th round pick. The other 4 consistt of an UDFA and 3 UFA cast offs that their former teams didn't want, including career journeyman D'Anthony Batiste. You add cast off players, you get cast off play.

That's how you fix it. Invest in it.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so let the scouting process begin...

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
so let the scouting process begin...

Moot if Rod Graves won't commit to it.

During his tenure as general manager, we've taken 2 OL in the 1st 2 rounds. 2.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need Lewan.

^^^Deadpulse
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
You guys need Lewan.

isn't he a top 5 talent though, we may have already won too many games to have a shot at him.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
You guys need Lewan.

isn't he a top 5 talent though, we may have already won too many games to have a shot at him.

He's gonna go somewhere high, that's for sure.

I still love Jake Matthews.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't give my hopes up taht we draft more then 1 OL guy in the late rounds. Some type of OG/C guy

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of trading for Jake Long? He's struggling in Miami right now but that could be in part to their new blocking scheme. He'd be perfect for our power blocking scheme. We'd have to give up probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick but his upside is a top 5 LT. Downside is that he'd cost a lot of money to sign to a long term deal. Although if I were Kolb I'd give up half my salary just to get him here Laughing

He could be an option and looking at the Phins forum he's far from untouchable when it comes to trades.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
What do you guys think of trading for Jake Long? He's struggling in Miami right now but that could be in part to their new blocking scheme. He'd be perfect for our power blocking scheme. We'd have to give up probably a 2nd or 3rd round pick but his upside is a top 5 LT. Downside is that he'd cost a lot of money to sign to a long term deal. Although if I were Kolb I'd give up half my salary just to get him here Laughing

He could be an option and looking at the Phins forum he's far from untouchable when it comes to trades.

The obvious answer is go get him but is Miami's actual front office even interested? What would be the cost? They demanded a 2nd round pick for Vontae Davis, can you imagine what they'd want for Long? Long's also an UFA this offseason, what if he doesn't re-sign with us, has no interest in it? Is a 4 month rental worth it for us?
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

The obvious answer is go get him but is Miami's actual front office even interested? What would be the cost? They demanded a 2nd round pick for Vontae Davis, can you imagine what they'd want for Long? Long's also an UFA this offseason, what if he doesn't re-sign with us, has no interest in it? Is a 4 month rental worth it for us?

I don't think Davis was in the last year of his deal like Long so the Dolphins had more leverage. Long wants a long term deal, and would cost the Dolphins a lot for a player who hasn't adjusted to their scheme well. I don't think a 1st round pick would be required.

Obviously he'd have to communicate to wanting a long term deal with us otherwise no trade.
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes trade for long!

matthouston91 made it!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it will take is for coach Whiz to realize that his attempts at an all out aerial attack won't happen behind this line. Whiz seems to be trying to implement his offense into this team and it's like trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
What it will take is for coach Whiz to realize that his attempts at an all out aerial attack won't happen behind this line. Whiz seems to be trying to implement his offense into this team and it's like trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole.

He seemed very angry that we were not running the ball in the post game presser. I am less quick to pin blame on Whis when in reality it is the offensive coordinators that do most of the pregame work with regards gameplanning and calls the plays.

Mike Miller needs to shape up or ship out. He has done nothing with this offense.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

He seemed very angry that we were not running the ball in the post game presser. I am less quick to pin blame on Whis when in reality it is the offensive coordinators that do most of the pregame work with regards gameplanning and calls the plays.

Mike Miller needs to shape up or ship out. He has done nothing with this offense.

Miller is a puppet and Whiz is the one running the offense. I have no doubts. Kolb can throw the ball 50 times a game and be successful. I have no doubt about that but he needs time to get the ball out of his hand for it to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: