Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

what will it take to fix the line?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDOCKETT90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start potter and kelemet!

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

I'm no longer opposed to this. Doubt it happens and I don't think it's truly the right thing to do but things are pretty bleak here and you never know, a little experience, good or bad, may just go a long way for these two. I'm not opposed to it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought u would say that champ Wink

matthouston91 made it!
sunnysouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 drafted offensive lineman in the past 6 drafts is paying dividends.
I think almost all of us have been calling for a little more OLine investment for quite some time.
We have to get a LT capable of starting as a rookie. Just quit screwing around with it. Damn.
But we suck it up this year and hope we can hold it together with max protects.
How 'bout fewer 7 step drops.
Snyder sucks. wow.
Sendlein needs to start acting like a captain.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:

Only if we are willing to help Potter with a TE every now and then

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the rookies a try. We need to see what we have in them.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thier might be something in the fact that we got noticeably better with the 2nd and 3rd string OL in the game in preseason, yeah they were going up against 2nd and 3rd string defensive units, but we actually had time.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too keen on putting Potter in as much as I am Kelemet. Batiste has done OK from time-to-time, but since Snyder is injured, I could support giving him some rest for a while to see what the rook can do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE help first and foremost

Then the rooks

Then pray like hell

3 steps to success
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the spotlight on Vonnie Holiday interview on azcardinals.com and it occurred to me from things that Vonnie was saying.

Does this offensive line lack leadership? Do they lack a guy that when things are not going well will set them down and give them a chat, that is in the past, we have to move forward, lets buckle down and keep this thing going.

I don't see a leader on our OL, and I haven't for the past few years. Often times it is the C that needs to step up.

younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Just watched the spotlight on Vonnie Holiday interview on azcardinals.com and it occurred to me from things that Vonnie was saying.

Does this offensive line lack leadership? Do they lack a guy that when things are not going well will set them down and give them a chat, that is in the past, we have to move forward, lets buckle down and keep this thing going.

I don't see a leader on our OL, and I haven't for the past few years. Often times it is the C that needs to step up.

Jeremy Bridges was sort of a leader. He at least was very vocal. I see what you mean, this line lacks a bunch of things.

Justo on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Speaking of this. I was talking to another Fan on the main forum who was at the Dolphins game and he said Grimm rarely got with the OL to talk to them.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
khodder wrote:

Speaking of this. I was talking to another Fan on the main forum who was at the Dolphins game and he said Grimm rarely got with the OL to talk to them.

The protection schemes worked well in the first three weeks. We faced a good pass rush in the Seahawks and a good pass rush in the Eagles. I'd like to see what the rooks Potter and Kelemente have but honestly, I don't think they'd do that while sitting at 4-1. We got to 4-1 with this unit and basically need to figure out how to keep winning games. If they lose 3 in a row to go to 4-4, I could see them shifting the line up and trying something else.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
The protection schemes worked well in the first three weeks. We faced a good pass rush in the Seahawks and a good pass rush in the Eagles. I'd like to see what the rooks Potter and Kelemente have but honestly, I don't think they'd do that while sitting at 4-1. We got to 4-1 with this unit and basically need to figure out how to keep winning games. If they lose 3 in a row to go to 4-4, I could see them shifting the line up and trying something else.

I agree. Whomever was behind the decision to abandon a gameplan down 4 points and start slinging the ball all over the field needs to have their responsibilities reviewed.

I can understand up coming out slinging vs Miami down 13 at the half, but against the Rams there was no need to do that it looked like our offensive staff (Miller) panicked and started going to have 4 wide sets all day rather than keeping it tight, keeping the running game as a option, using the TE's to both block and catch, utilize playaction.

You are down less than one score, and you panic. Not good.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys are anti-Blockbuster but what's the most you'd give Miami before the trade deadline if he'd agree to sign a 5/60 extension here? Long is only 27 and a top 3 player at his position... If he hits the market we'll likely get outbid. We could play poker if Miami chooses to tag n' trade him but there's no guarantee we'd be favorites to land him if we wait. Strike while the iron's hot says this frustrated fan.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: