Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pass Rush --
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3934
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Pass Rush -- Reply with quote

Lack thereof is killing us .. Haslett, Shanahan have to come up with something innovative to help out the defense. Jackson hasn't shown much at all , nether has Chris Wilson.. Try something like 6 DB's,, Fletcher, Kerrigan and the front 3, blitz 2 DB's .. maybe get there with speed and surprise.. Try Something--that may be a terrible idea-- but the point is --TRY SOMETHING.. !! We can win this game but we have to get some pressure on Ryan..
The Rams come up with 9 sacks last night !! and beat an undefeated Cardinals team.. Yeah, Rak is out so it's time to come up with a new plan..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11407
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes the Falcons offense so good is that they can send three receiving options out and keep seven in as blockers, and continue to have success.

It's going to be tough sledding for the defense this season, and I have little confidence with this upcoming game because Fletch on Gonzalez is a nightmare, and Julio vs DeAngelo and Roddy vs J.Wilson is not comforting. It's possible the defense plays an inspired game, but I do not think exotic blitzes is going to be the way to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1199
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind, the key to us winning this game is running the ball and controling the clock! We have to limit Atlanta's Snaps and keep their O off the field!!! We also have to get every point we can...Making field goals and scoring TDs when in the red zone!!! Atlanta is going to get theirs!!!! If we can lilmit their chances, we can win this game!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3934
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
In my mind, the key to us winning this game is running the ball and controling the clock! We have to limit Atlanta's Snaps and keep their O off the field!!! We also have to get every point we can...Making field goals and scoring TDs when in the red zone!!! Atlanta is going to get theirs!!!! If we can lilmit their chances, we can win this game!!!!!


You and I agreed on this in another post .. We did that against New Orleans however, and still it came down to a hail Mary.. It's gonna take both sides of the ball making plays this time..
Man, a seven game HOME losing streak.. Danny must be frantic ,, as we all are ..!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then we'll see posts about how the blitz is killing us.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pass Rush -- Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Lack thereof is killing us .. Haslett, Shanahan have to come up with something innovative to help out the defense. Jackson hasn't shown much at all , nether has Chris Wilson.. Try something like 6 DB's,, Fletcher, Kerrigan and the front 3, blitz 2 DB's .. maybe get there with speed and surprise.. Try Something--that may be a terrible idea-- but the point is --TRY SOMETHING.. !! We can win this game but we have to get some pressure on Ryan..
The Rams come up with 9 sacks last night !! and beat an undefeated Cardinals team.. Yeah, Rak is out so it's time to come up with a new plan..


With all the injuries the Redskins have nevermind that their secondary wasn't any good to begin with, why would you want to put 6 defensive backs on the field?
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Pass Rush -- Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Lack thereof is killing us .. Haslett, Shanahan have to come up with something innovative to help out the defense. Jackson hasn't shown much at all , nether has Chris Wilson.. Try something like 6 DB's,, Fletcher, Kerrigan and the front 3, blitz 2 DB's .. maybe get there with speed and surprise.. Try Something--that may be a terrible idea-- but the point is --TRY SOMETHING.. !! We can win this game but we have to get some pressure on Ryan..
The Rams come up with 9 sacks last night !! and beat an undefeated Cardinals team.. Yeah, Rak is out so it's time to come up with a new plan..


With all the injuries the Redskins have nevermind that their secondary wasn't any good to begin with, why would you want to put 6 defensive backs on the field?
better coverage, but then they would just run the ball down our throats with Turner
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
THESKINSFAN21


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 4442
Location: West Palm Beach
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Pass Rush -- Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Lack thereof is killing us .. Haslett, Shanahan have to come up with something innovative to help out the defense. Jackson hasn't shown much at all , nether has Chris Wilson.. Try something like 6 DB's,, Fletcher, Kerrigan and the front 3, blitz 2 DB's .. maybe get there with speed and surprise.. Try Something--that may be a terrible idea-- but the point is --TRY SOMETHING.. !! We can win this game but we have to get some pressure on Ryan..
The Rams come up with 9 sacks last night !! and beat an undefeated Cardinals team.. Yeah, Rak is out so it's time to come up with a new plan..


With all the injuries the Redskins have nevermind that their secondary wasn't any good to begin with, why would you want to put 6 defensive backs on the field?
better coverage, but then they would just run the ball down our throats with Turner

Doubt it,Turner isn't close to what he used to be.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4088
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are pretty much the panthers of last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11407
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
we are pretty much the panthers of last year.


The Panthers were heavily unbalanced in their offense play-calling toward the running game, and they used one receiver in their passing attack. Newton occasionally got to his second progression, meanwhile Griffin is making three (sometimes four) progressions. Newton was a runner who could throw last year, RG3 operates like a pocket passer who can run.

Physically, Newton is more impressive and he can continue to be a runner for his career; but in my opinion there is a big difference in their abilities as passers. Newton throws nice ball, but he's not as developed as a pocket passer.

Not to forget to mention that the Panthers had an entirely new coaching staff, lost two LBs before the season started (Beason arguably their most talented player) and were starting two mid-round rookies at DT.

The similarities begin and end with a rookie dual-threat QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 20287
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
we are pretty much the panthers of last year.


Panthers = 2-14 in 2010, draft QB in 2011 Draft, go 6-10 in 2011
Redskins = 5-11 in 2011, draft QB in 2012 Draft ...

Hopefully, it won't be that bad. But prepare for it, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4088
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Dashing wrote:
we are pretty much the panthers of last year.


Panthers = 2-14 in 2010, draft QB in 2011 Draft, go 6-10 in 2011
Redskins = 5-11 in 2011, draft QB in 2012 Draft ...

Hopefully, it won't be that bad. But prepare for it, guys.


6-10 is likely. Im sorry but intill we have a defense we are very easy to score on . IDK but if Shanny wants he can fire Jim now we are still 2-3 and play Minny than NY so lets see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5642
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We miss Orakpo badly.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4088
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
We miss Orakpo badly.
Jackson hasn't done alot. But I miss our 04-05 even 07as defense badly. With that we would be undefeated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 4088
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What seems to be the problem guys I can't watch the game so I'm assuming no pass rush. And I guess Rob is not as good as I thought Sad maybe start White or pick up a 3-4 vet?. id give Jackson one more game but he hasnt done that good since cincy game so time for him to step up,kerrigan surely is.,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group