Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why don't we trade for a big time receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankJets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Why don't we trade for a big time receiver Reply with quote

Major need especially with the jets possibly releasing Holmes in the end of the season. We should trade for bowe and have a nasty receiving corp with kerley and hill. I feel like Sanchez isn't getting any help and the jets organization is giving up
sandwhich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like, why would KC just trade Bowe?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because i think its fair to say that we need much more than a reciever right now even as good as Bowe is.

We need to reload in FA qnd the draft next year. Pointless trading precious picks away at this moment in time IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should try and see what we can get for Braylon, he hasn't been playing much in Seattle from the looks of it. It's a new offense, but he had chemistry with Sanchez and honestly he would be better for our team than any other FAs would be. It won't happen, but I can still hope.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading for big time players (Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards) got us into this mess. Let's rebuild through the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Because i think its fair to say that we need much more than a reciever right now even as good as Bowe is.

We need to reload in FA qnd the draft next year. Pointless trading precious picks away at this moment in time IMO.

I agree. I think there will be a lot of quality receivers available in free agencies next year. If we end up with a top 5 pick I'd love to go qb, rb and OLB in first three rounds and pick up the wr in free agency. With Wilson in for Revis I don't see us making the play offs even with a top wr so why waste the draft picks.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
Trading for big time players (Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards) got us into this mess. Let's rebuild through the draft.

Though those trades were a big part in getting us to the AFC Championship Game. Cromartie has been a great aquisition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want us to build through the draft, but those FA moves & trades did help a lot. It depends on the talent & character of the guy (Holmes) . If we do decide to sign someone, I would take a shot at someone like Ramses Barden next year or a good character guy like Jennings who could be effective and mentor the young guys behind him. If they hit the market. Draft wise I like Allen, Woods, Williams, and Davis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I want us to build through the draft, but those FA moves & trades did help a lot. It depends on the talent & character of the guy (Holmes) . If we do decide to sign someone, I would take a shot at someone like Ramses Barden next year or a good character guy like Jennings who could be effective and mentor the young guys behind him. If they hit the market. Draft wise I like Allen, Woods, Williams, and Davis.

I'll take a young WR through the draft please, players that hit the FA market ALL GET OVER PAID eventually, build through the draft and re-sign your guys dont - around with them year after year, if they wanna play grab [inappropriate/removed] then trade em, the only valuable players you dont trade are

QB
LT
C
Pass Rusher
Revis

everyone else is replaceable

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'll take a young WR through the draft please, players that hit the FA market ALL GET OVER PAID eventually, build through the draft and re-sign your guys dont - around with them year after year, if they wanna play grab [i)nappropriate/removed] then trade em, the only valuable players you dont trade are

QB
LT
C
Pass Rusher
Revis

everyone else is replaceable

I agree with you. I was saying if we were to sign one, those are who I would check out. Im actually starting to hope our WR core look good without holmes or we draft one next year. It might make the front office more comfortable with moving holmes in the near future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real life isn't like Madden, there are so many factors that there are few opportunities to acquire a big name WR
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:

I'm tired of the Jets signing veterans that have little time left in FA. We need to rebuild, not reload.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: