Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demaryius Thomas vs. Dez Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better WR?
Demaryius Thomas
61%
 61%  [ 87 ]
Dez Bryant
38%
 38%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 141

Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physically, Bryant is everything you want in a receiver. Physically, there are few WRs I would take over him in this league. But it looks like it's all going to be wasted talent. If he hasn't learned how to act and play like a professional yet, he'll never learn. Very sad.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
My answer is the same as the last time you asked. Dez is a talented WR who is lazy, has poor routes, lacks focus and dmdoesnt know the Playbook. Yet he still outproduces DT... and has had his own share of injuries

So dez is everything bad you could ask for with a reciever and DT is only injury prone?? lol id take DT!

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
I'd take Thomas only b/c he isn't a head case like Bryant. Otherwise, I think Bryant is better.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
I'd take Thomas only b/c he isn't a head case like Bryant. Otherwise, I think Bryant is better.

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT is more dangerous.. but I don't know if he could ever be a Megatron type talent cuz he drops way too many balls. Like over half his catches this year have been screens.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this basically a battle of "whose been more of a disappointment"? I wouldn't want either of these guys on my team and it's a shame because they have tremendous physical ability.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Denver4Life03

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 11 games where Thomas has been healthy and actually been a big part of the offense.

4\144\2 TD's
7\78\1 TD
7\116
4\76
3\34
4\204\1TD
6\93
5\110\1TD
8\78\1TD
3\34
5\103

So he's got 6\8 of his career TD's in the last 11 games. Why? Because he's actually not banged up and on the field. He had Tebow throwing to him which probably helped with the big plays with Denver's style of lulling the D to sleep than taking a shot but at the same time it obviously hurt him having a QB who couldn't throw that well and didn't throw alot.

DT still makes mistakes. Should have a TD against Houston and has had some drops. He's putting it together tho which is more than you can say about Dez. Thomas will continue to produce, more so than Dez now that he's healthy and weather or not he'll continue to develop into an elite WR is yet to be seen.
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, Dez just has way to many problems.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver4Life03 wrote:
Last 11 games where Thomas has been healthy and actually been a big part of the offense.

4\144\2 TD's
7\78\1 TD
7\116
4\76
3\34
4\204\1TD
6\93
5\110\1TD
8\78\1TD
3\34
5\103

So he's got 6\8 of his career TD's in the last 11 games. Why? Because he's actually not banged up and on the field. He had Tebow throwing to him which probably helped with the big plays with Denver's style of lulling the D to sleep than taking a shot but at the same time it obviously hurt him having a QB who couldn't throw that well and didn't throw alot.

DT still makes mistakes. Should have a TD against Houston and has had some drops. He's putting it together tho which is more than you can say about Dez. Thomas will continue to produce, more so than Dez now that he's healthy and weather or not he'll continue to develop into an elite WR is yet to be seen.

How have you defined healthy - active and playing or "playing without any known injuries"?

If its the former then those are very encouraging statistics.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT! But is he keeps fumbling him and I will have a problem. And to thank Denver could of just traded up for Dez at 24 instead of Tebow at 25, and had DT and Dez Shocked

Props to Jamison on the sig
bigboi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, give me Thomas now. I am a huge Dez supporter, but the guy just doesn't get it, so he'll never reach close to his potential. Dez should've been a top 10 receiver by this year, such a disappointment.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how anyone is choosing Bryant. If he's physically better, it's not by much. If Bryant has a good work ethic, you'd never ever know it. Everyone knew Thomas would take time to develop, coming from GT... then the injuries and the Tebow didn't help. Now he's playing in a traditional offense and he's acclimated himself to the league and he looks great... while Dez is a major part in his team losing games or while Dez is disappearing totally.

Thomas is the right answer.

ELRammy
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Isn't this basically a battle of "whose been more of a disappointment"? I wouldn't want either of these guys on my team and it's a shame because they have tremendous physical ability.

This post is so ignorant it's not even funny. Demaryius didn't come into the league with a ton of hype. He was considered a 2nd rounder until he blew up his pro day and ran a 4.38 forty yard dash. Thomas was considered EXTREMELY raw because he was a very inexpierienced route runner.

Since week 11 last season nobody in football has had more yards receiving than Demaryius Thomas. He is in his 3rd season and is a flat out monster. To you saying "it's the battle of who has been more disappointing" is beyond stupid. You can say that about Dez. Not Thomas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez makes too many costly mistakes. I don't know if it's unlucky, probability, lack of concentration, poor hands, poor brain, or what... but it's getting old.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas, and it is not even close. Dez is not any good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: