Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demaryius Thomas vs. Dez Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better WR?
Demaryius Thomas
61%
 61%  [ 87 ]
Dez Bryant
38%
 38%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 142

champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
In a vacuum, I like Dez better than Thomas.

I think Dez has better receiver skill set as well as being, physically, a better athlete in my opinion. Having Peyton Manning certainly helps Thomas's case.

But with how Dez has come on as of late, I think there's a legitimate case for him being a top 10 receiver. If the Cowboys make the playoffs (and thats a big IF), he could end up having a very impactful postseason akin to Hakeem Nicks and Larry Fitzgerald. I believe he has that potential.

To be honest, Peyton hasn't been utilizing DT as much as he should until fairly recently he has been more. Peyton doesn't throw too much stuff downfield, which is where DT could really thrive. I would just say DT is a really good receiver with or without Manning. Manning has definitely helped him develop his game mentally, if that is what you mean.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
In a vacuum, I like Dez better than Thomas.

I think Dez has better receiver skill set as well as being, physically, a better athlete in my opinion. Having Peyton Manning certainly helps Thomas's case.

But with how Dez has come on as of late, I think there's a legitimate case for him being a top 10 receiver. If the Cowboys make the playoffs (and thats a big IF), he could end up having a very impactful postseason akin to Hakeem Nicks and Larry Fitzgerald. I believe he has that potential.

To be honest, Peyton hasn't been utilizing DT as much as he should until fairly recently he has been more. Peyton doesn't throw too much stuff downfield, which is where DT could really thrive. I would just say DT is a really good receiver with or without Manning. Manning has definitely helped him develop his game mentally, if that is what you mean.

I would say Manning has helped him both mentally and on the field. The way that Manning utilizes all of the targets at his disposal helps open things up for Thomas in more places on the field besides over the top.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Cosell

Quote:
Greg Cosell is an NFL analyst and a senior producer at NFL Films.[1] He is the nephew of iconic broadcaster Howard Cosell. Cosell is widely regarded by NFL insiders as one of the most knowledgeable and trusted football analysts.[2][3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Cosell

https://twitter.com/gregcosell

That guy... He just on ESPN Radio that this is where he would slot Dez Bryant:

Calvin
Andre
AJ
Dez

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Greg Cosell

Quote:
Greg Cosell is an NFL analyst and a senior producer at NFL Films.[1] He is the nephew of iconic broadcaster Howard Cosell. Cosell is widely regarded by NFL insiders as one of the most knowledgeable and trusted football analysts.[2][3

Calvin
Andre
AJ
Dez

So chalk this up as one of the many times he has been wrong?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Greg Cosell

Quote:

Calvin
Andre
AJ
Dez

You werent listening. He said thats where he would rank dez in terms of talent and i cant disagree about that. He wouldve been a top 5 pick in terms of ability in the draft.

Now i dont agree with Andre because hes passed it. But he said that Dez ranks 4th in terms of ability.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
terbo559

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a big Dez fan when he was coming out, but the dude just does idiotic stuff. Overall as a player on a team, Thomas is better because he is not a headache for a team to deal with, but I also like DT's strength, size, and speed more as a receiver. Other than that Dez and DT aren't much different, but Dez just probably has more reliable hands and better route running, but DT isn't far off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: