Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demaryius Thomas vs. Dez Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better WR?
Demaryius Thomas
61%
 61%  [ 87 ]
Dez Bryant
38%
 38%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 142

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Thomas. Bryant should be better than what he has shown. Thomas has keeps improving while I don't see that in Bryant.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Thomas by a significant mile honestly. Dez maturation process in the game is a bit slower than Thomas but I'm sure he'll get it soon.

Also for the people who keeps saying he is a nutcase and that is why he will never succeed, tell me that and I'll show you who the real nutcase is.

You try having dozen homes as a high-school student while your moms a "entertainer". K thanks.

For all the folks that replied to this. Different people mature through thier situations differently. Plus you guys are acting like he killed someone or started a mass drug dealing ring. Seriously if you someone who didn't know Dez's background came to our forums and read the various nutcase comments it sounds like he is mentally psychotic.

These are the list of comments i've seen:

1. Nutcase

2. Mother Beater. Right He took his moms cap and threw it. Oh the second fact that she pleaded guilty to false report also. BUT HEY no one talks about that right.

Cause ya know a lovable great great mom who is obsessed with the "substances" is a trusted source of information.

3. Had early financial problems so hes immature and somehow that translates into bad play on the field.

4. Got caught by the police for having his pants down. WOAH stop the threat level Dez.

5. Got into a argument with LilWayne and his gang in a club because they were dissing him about his financial problems. HE didnt start it. But ofcourse this is the Dez of FF right so apprently he started it.
. K I still find this one funny though. Laughing

5 Events/Comments about Dez. None of them claims to him to be a serial "thug".

So for those 5 reasons hes a nutcase? If you still honestly think that you might need to re-evaluate how you think what a serial criminal is.

Sure I agree Thomas is better than Dez right now but don't ever try to convince me it's cause Dez is a criminal or a psychotic nutcase. If you keep doing that your just starting to prove what a real nutcase is by setting yourself as an example.

Bring up different examples. Everyone is different. Everyone matured differently. Its nice Thomas had atleast his uncle to take care of him, Dez didn't really have anyone.

So Patrick Willis did that with his life in a early stage. Why couldn't I? Why couldn't Dez? If everyone were the same and thought/did the same things I wouldn't be here trying to argue with your statements.

You guys don't need to shed a tear for his background but don't act like every human being should attain the same level of success in something at the exact time like another human being.

The world doesn't work like that.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to be a crazy criminal to be considered a nutcase. He could be considered a nutcase for not taking the best of his opportunity right now. He's near worthless on the field, or he's actually causing damage to his own team.

And yes, having financial troubles is indicative of being immature and yes, being immature does have an effect to your on field play considering the guy is constantly making bad plays. And yes, I'm positive Dez was a perfect angel in a night club with people stepping to him.

ELRammy
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until DT started to put it all together during last December, I considered both Dez and DT relative disappointments. Dez was hyped during the draft and Demaryius was drafted high by Denver. Both had things going for them, so that after failling to produce right of the bat I didn't regard their game highly, injuries this and that. Now, DT is by far the better receiver. If he can take care of his fumbling problems, he is going to be a top 5 wideout at the end of the year. A more physical Marshall. I don't know whether Dez or he is the more talented or more polished receiver. All I can say is that hard work trumps talent 70% of the time. Especially in cases where the margin is narrow. So give me the player who actually works at his craft: Thomas.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demaryius Thomas. Look how good he's playing now that he has a great QB. Thomas is going to be a great WR. Dez? Eh not so much, guys a head case with inconsistent hands.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Demaryius Thomas. Look how good he's playing now that he has a great QB. Thomas is going to be a great WR. Dez? Eh not so much, guys a head case with inconsistent hands.

LOL. Kay Cowboys fans might as well give up on this thread. Can't force knowledge to those who don't wish to learn.

Jason Garrett wrote:
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of, the 28 people who voted for Dez Bryant in this thread have got to be Cowboys fans. Demaryius is obviously the better player on the field, and a better person off the field. He is bigger, stronger, faster, and more productive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez oh Dez.. What could have been..
DT is now showing why he's better.
Numbers are there.. So sad I had DEZ
pegged as a top 5 talent that draft.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
more productive.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing

WHOAAAAKKKYYY

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Speaking of, the 28 people who voted for Dez Bryant in this thread have got to be Cowboys fans. Demaryius is obviously the better player on the field, and a better person off the field. He is bigger, stronger, faster, and more productive.

Yeah. Gotta agree with this guys logic. Screw Dez man DT is the next Jerry Rice. Ya know what screw Jerry. HoF lock folks. DT.

Dont forget. Goat Demayrius Thomas Future HoF. Bigger faster better stronger better gene combination than errrrrr one.

Jason Garrett wrote:
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know why Cowboy fans are defending Bryant. He's not good, I'd be rooting for my team to cut ties

ELRammy
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

Yeah. Gotta agree with this guys logic. Screw Dez man DT is the next Jerry Rice. Ya know what screw Jerry. HoF lock folks. DT.

Dont forget. Goat Demayrius Thomas Future HoF. Bigger faster better stronger better gene combination than errrrrr one.

Yeah, this isn't an overreaction or anything.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic.

Jamison.'s Gallery
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did I say he was going to the hall of fame? I'm confused? Eh? Anyways nobody in the league has more receiving yards since week 11 of last week. And that's not even including the 297 yards he put up in 2 playoff games.

Dez played 4 more games and had Tony Romo throwing him the ball. Demaryius was coming off a torn achilles and as I mentioned before, nobody has more receiving yards than him since week 11 of last year.

Not to mention the fact that Demaryius was considered EXTREMELY raw and would take time to develop as a WR. He is now in his third year and looks excellent. Needs to work on ball security though...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:

I think he was being sarcastic.

Posting something like that in response to someone simply thinking that DT > Dez (it's not like he said Thomas is elite or anything) is still overdoing it, to say the least.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: