Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Demaryius Thomas vs. Dez Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better WR?
Demaryius Thomas
61%
 61%  [ 87 ]
Dez Bryant
38%
 38%  [ 55 ]
Total Votes : 142

Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Demaryius Thomas. Look how good he's playing now that he has a great QB. Thomas is going to be a great WR. Dez? Eh not so much, guys a head case with inconsistent hands.

LOL. Kay Cowboys fans might as well give up on this thread. Can't force knowledge to those who don't wish to learn.

He is. I don't even know how you can defend it? He's been in trouble, he checks in and out of games mentally, the Cowboys had to basically assign a babysitter to him and its been pretty evident him and Romo aren't on the same page. I wouldn't take him on the Saints, even with his talent.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Injured his rookie year

So was Dez... And most of his sophomore year to.
Torn Achilles, Broken Foot, Broken Hand. Not to mention how "raw" he was coming out of GT and how he supposedly couldn't run a single route when really just wasn't asked too.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Dez Bryant still. He has a certain cockiness about him that alot of great WRs have had over the years.

Of course he also has other things besides cockiness which he needs to rein in.....
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
Give me Dez Bryant still. He has a certain cockiness about him that alot of great WRs have had over the years.

Of course he also has other things besides cockiness which he needs to rein in.....
Cockiness about what? Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:

Did you seriously just pick Dez due to "cockiness"? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

I believe he did. Then again, cocky WRs like TO, Moss, Holmes and Dez over humble WRs like Megatron, Fitz, Wayne and DT any day of the week.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

I believe he did. Then again, cocky WRs like TO, Moss, Holmes and Dez over humble WRs like Megatron, Fitz, Wayne and DT any day of the week.

Seems Logical.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

The first two you listed are sure fire hall of famers. Jerry Rice was also very cocky just not as loud as TO or Moss. Same with Deion Sanders.

The great WRs have a confidence which sometimes comes off as cockiness. The belief that they will win any matchup. The confidence to go against any CB. The confidence to think they can come down with any catch. Calvin Johnson might not be cocky to the media but no WR attempts some of the catches he does without having the utmost confidence (bordeline cocky)in themselves. I just don't see that from Thomas. When I say being cocky I don't mean talking trash or showboating or any of that. I mean having the confidence to think that you are always better than your opponent. The best players in the league like Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis all play with that confidence. I don't see that from Thomas. I've seen it at times from Dez.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

The first two you listed are sure fire hall of famers. Jerry Rice was also very cocky just not as loud as TO or Moss. Same with Deion Sanders.

The great WRs have a confidence which sometimes comes off as cockiness. The belief that they will win any matchup. The confidence to go against any CB. The confidence to think they can come down with any catch. Calvin Johnson might not be cocky to the media but no WR attempts some of the catches he does without having the utmost confidence (bordeline cocky)in themselves. I just don't see that from Thomas. When I say being cocky I don't mean talking trash or showboating or any of that. I mean having the confidence to think that you are always better than your opponent. The best players in the league like Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Ray Lewis all play with that confidence. I don't see that from Thomas. I've seen it at times from Dez.

Well TO, Moss, and Deion Sanders had amazing play (Not always for TO) to back it up.

Confident players play better than Bryant. Bryant would be playing better if he just had more confidence.

Thomas is humble and lets his play do the talking. And he runs like a beast after the catch. When you stiff arm Polamalu to the ground, and abuse people like he has, he must be confident otherwise he wouldn't be abusing these guys.

He just doesn't make a scene about it. That's the only difference. He's a quiet guy. He barely knows what to say in interviews. He's like talking to an offensive lineman.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:

Yeh you are probably right. That one handed grab with the ball coming over his shoulder this past Sunday probably shows a lack of confidence ...

You are talking rubbish.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:

The point is: You can be as cocky or confident in your abilities as you want, yet if you cannot/are not willing to pay attention to the finer details of playing the position, your mindest to go up against any opponent and get the better of him is worth nothing. Pride comes before a fall. Dez can go up against any good corner worth his pay thinking that he is going to beat him based on talent and ability alone. He might actually win a few duels along the way. But more often than not, the route he should have run crisper is going to lead to a missed play. Talent and confidence because of the seemingly sheer abundance of the former can only get you so far. Cockiness or confidence simply does not play the role you make it out to be. That mixture of being (over-)confident and not caring too much has helped run a lot of players out of the league over the years. So to pick Dez instead of DT because the latter has a supposed lack in confidence is interesting. Especially if DT getting up in the grill of Ike Taylor and staring at him after a successful catch, as seen during the last two Pitt games, would resemble your definition of confidence.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
more productive.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing

WHOAAAAKKKYYY

Since he's actually been healthy, I don't think you can realy argue this. You can make comments like this as much as you want, but no one has been more productive than Demaryius Thomas over the past 11 weeks/playoffs. Not Calvin Johnson, not Larry Fitzgerald, no one. I'm not saying he's better than those guys, but let's not act like Dez has put up those kind of numbers.

Oh and Thomas is ONE receiving yard from the league lead this year. Where's Dez? Oh not in the Top 40 in yards this year. Got it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
dbronx42 wrote:
more productive.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing

WHOAAAAKKKYYY

Since he's actually been healthy, I don't think you can realy argue this. You can make comments like this as much as you want, but no one has been more productive than Demaryius Thomas over the past 11 weeks/playoffs. Not Calvin Johnson, not Larry Fitzgerald, no one. I'm not saying he's better than those guys, but let's not act like Dez has put up those kind of numbers.

Oh and Thomas is ONE receiving yard from the league lead this year. Where's Dez? Oh not in the Top 40 in yards this year. Got it.

The Cowboys had a bye week last week... so there goes that logic.
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its too late guys. The Bronco fans has slipped up thier homer shades on. Nothing shall ever penetrate that. Not only do they want us to admit DT is better than DB but apparently hes a mile ahead too....yeah keep sipping that neon orange kool-aid.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Its too late guys. The Bronco fans has slipped up thier homer shades on. Nothing shall ever penetrate that. Not only do they want us to admit DT is better than DB but apparently hes a mile ahead too....yeah keep sipping that neon orange kool-aid.

He absolutely is, and this is coming from an unbiased fan in this situation. Thomas came in to the league very raw, but since he has developed he's shown he has everything it takes to be a #1 for a long time. Dez hasn't even looked like a good #2 this year so far. They both come from rough situations, but Thomas never has let it become a problem since he's joined the league. Dez has. There isn't any way around that. I loved Dez coming out. Thought he'd be a star. I'm not saying he still can't be, but he's not going to get there this way. If anyone has homer shades on right now, it's you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: