Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NLDS: St. Louis Cardinals Vs. Washington Nationals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Cards in 3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cards in 4
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Cards in 5
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Nats in 3
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Nats in 4
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Nats in 5
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew storen is going to be the billy cundiff of closing. He gets to rattled and now I think e
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Guys, check the ESPN boards. Nats fans are going strong with the "we're still the better team" posts.

I remember Titans fans saying that when we knocked them out in 08. I'm like, do you want to be the best team or win a championship?

Why you gotta bring that up? Crying or Very sad

Laughing Sorry bro. That was rough. I couldn't very well use myself thinking we are better than the Patriots as an example so that was the next that came to mind.

Free Ray Rice
malak1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
The Nationals are idiots for shutting down Stras. I hope the never get back to the playoffs and look back on things realizing this year was their one shot at a World Series. I feel bad for vets like Adam LaRoche where this will probably be their only shot at a ring. What a joke.

And here we go.

It's true man. Playoffs are not guaranteed. Gotta go for it when you have the chance.

I never agree with you, but I completely, 100% agree with you here. They may never see the playoffs with Stras again. Anyway, why do you play all year? TO WIN THE TITLE!! Why shut down your best player and Ace? I just dont get it. I didn't get it during the regular season and i definitely dont get it now. Im so mad, and im not even a nats fan.
malak1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
Guys, check the ESPN boards. Nats fans are going strong with the "we're still the better team" posts.

I remember Titans fans saying that when we knocked them out in 08. I'm like, do you want to be the best team or win a championship?

But you did neither.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turned the game off when the Nats scored their 7th run... Sad

#JDI
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
The Nationals are idiots for shutting down Stras. I hope the never get back to the playoffs and look back on things realizing this year was their one shot at a World Series. I feel bad for vets like Adam LaRoche where this will probably be their only shot at a ring. What a joke.

I know, the way he would have scored all those runs in game 3 and shut down the Cards hitters coming out of the bullpen would have made all the difference.

The dynamics of the series would have been completely different had Stras been active. Don't know why you even made that comment because it isn't applicable whatsoever.

Because people who haven't watched every single non-weekday 1:00 PM start of Strasburg's season imply that shutting him down cost us the world series. When in fact, it was our awful hitting with RISP and blown leads that cost us this series.

Strasburg playing would not have made LaRoche and Werth suck less in games 1-3. It would not have made Zim and Jackson both fail. In fact, the starter who got the job in place of Strasburg was Ross Detwiler.

Strasburg was struggling, slowing down and playing very erratic at the end of the season. From July to September, he struggled to have back to back good games because he was inconsistent and not ready to play a full season. The Nats lost because they couldnt hit when it mattered and shut down the opposing team after scoring, not because of Strasburg.

But Stras may have shut them down and made the fact that those guys were slumping irrelevant. Say what you want, but the Nationals take that series if Stras gets two starts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame Johnson pitched to Kozma with the pitcher on deck
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

I know, the way he would have scored all those runs in game 3 and shut down the Cards hitters coming out of the bullpen would have made all the difference.

The dynamics of the series would have been completely different had Stras been active. Don't know why you even made that comment because it isn't applicable whatsoever.

Because people who haven't watched every single non-weekday 1:00 PM start of Strasburg's season imply that shutting him down cost us the world series. When in fact, it was our awful hitting with RISP and blown leads that cost us this series.

Strasburg playing would not have made LaRoche and Werth suck less in games 1-3. It would not have made Zim and Jackson both fail. In fact, the starter who got the job in place of Strasburg was Ross Detwiler.

Strasburg was struggling, slowing down and playing very erratic at the end of the season. From July to September, he struggled to have back to back good games because he was inconsistent and not ready to play a full season. The Nats lost because they couldnt hit when it mattered and shut down the opposing team after scoring, not because of Strasburg.

But Stras may have shut them down and made the fact that those guys were slumping irrelevant. Say what you want, but the Nationals take that series if Stras gets two starts.

Like you said "...may have shut them down." Nobody will ever know if the outcome would have been different and the whole idea of shutting him down is and always be up for debate. What is not up for debate is the assumption that Strasburg playing in the post-season guarantees that they beat the Cardinals. That is not how it works.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Slateman wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
If not for that "infield fly" call, Cardinals don't even get to the LDS. But that isn't luck either, that's skill!

Pete Kozma. LOL

Please. Not only was it a good call, but the Braves weren't coming back from that. The next 4 batters made weak outs.

A good call? You never see an infield fly call 50 feet into the outfield. Don't defend one of the worst calls in recent memory.

You do know that MLB network showed a play earlier in the year where the ball was in the exact same spot and the ump called an infield fly right?
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Redskins fan & my brother a Giants fan....
But both of us are MLB Cardinals fans. (lukewarm baseball fans, I will add...compared to NFL football)

Anyways....we were both talkin' last year after game 6 of the WS and I said to him....

"Kevin....this St. Louis Cardinals team is exactly like your NY. Giants team".

The Cardinals just know how to win it all, when they get there.
Even if it takes a WC play-in game, to get there.

Everyone can make excuses..."Well if the Nationals had Strasburg"

Just let it go...it doesn't matter.

It's the Cardinals, man.

You could line them up with Strasburg, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemons, CY Young & Walter Johnson.

It isn't gonna matter.

Just like it didn't matter that the Patriots were 18-0....
Just like it didn't matter the Patriots had Tom Brady.

Because the St. Louis Baseball team is the football version of the N.Y. Giants.

They may not always make the Playoffs....
But if they do, watch out!

But people should relax.
Baseball doesn't hold a candle to winning a Championship, in comparison to the Super Bowl.
I'm sorry...that's just a fact.

I would rather win 1 Super Bowl over 5 WS Championships...

ANY DAY.

It'll be alright, National fans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Stras was gassed and struggling when he was shut down. There's no guarantee he is even healthy enough to play in the Playoffs if they don't pull the plug on him so to say the Nationals win the series if he plays is meaningless. They win tonight if their closer can get the job done, that's the only guarantee you can make.

For once a team looks out for the health of a player long term instead of running him into the ground and all the armchair managers and GMs balk at it. The Nationals did what they thought was best for their ace and franchise long term. Nobody knows how it would have turned out had he played, but his last few stars weren't very good and everyone seems to be ignoring that. And to those hoping the Nats don't make the Playoffs again because of it, I highly doubt that'll be the case. Perhaps this was their best shot at a title, but they have too much talent to not make the Playoffs again in the next 10 years, especially now that it's expanded to 5 teams.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Slateman wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
If not for that "infield fly" call, Cardinals don't even get to the LDS. But that isn't luck either, that's skill!

Pete Kozma. LOL

Please. Not only was it a good call, but the Braves weren't coming back from that. The next 4 batters made weak outs.

A good call? You never see an infield fly call 50 feet into the outfield. Don't defend one of the worst calls in recent memory.

You do know that MLB network showed a play earlier in the year where the ball was in the exact same spot and the ump called an infield fly right?

I saw that too. It was an eerily similar play.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:

Pretty huge assumption there. You have no idea which Strasburg we would have seen. It may have been June Strasburg, it was far more likely that it would have been July/August Strasburg.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Strasburgh would have made a big difference in the series. The game he was suppose to start was Game 4 (Dewilder) and the Nats still won the game. Unless the Nats could have thrown Strasburgh in there 2 times in 5 games which would have been very tough unless they could have pitched him Game 2 then maybe they could have pitched him Game 5. All I know is the Cards did it again and dare is I say LaRussa & Pujols who???

This season Matheny is playing the role of LaRussa, Beltran is playing the role of Pujols, Descalso & Kozma are playing the role of Craig & Freeze, & the midseason pick up via trade of Mujica is playing the role of Rzepczynski. Oh yeah and people are still doubting the Cardinals every step of the way.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards just wanted it more. Nats closer definitely choked. Strasburg or no stras theirs no excuse. Detwiller played amazing to makeup for it. This game was on the closers. Just cant allow 5 runs when ballpen is in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: