Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most Talented team in the NFL?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Most Talented team in the NFL? Reply with quote

there was a thread earlier about the least talented teams. this got me thinking about who was actually THE MOST talented team in the NFL. Some teams that come to mind are:

Green Bay, New England, Dallas, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Houston, Atlanta

I think out of all those teams for me its between Green Bay and San Francisco...

If SF had an elite QB, they would be unstoppable IMO

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a serious question? How are we defining 'talent'?

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with the Giants, Bears(maybe), and Ravens over Packers, Patriots, or Cowboys. And probably over the Falcons too.

Without sitting down and putting a ton of thought into it, probably Houston. Unbelievably talented front seven with Watt(easilly the leading DPOY candidate), Cushing, Barwin, Reed, and Smith. Possible top 5 corner in Joseph. Top 10 QB. Top 3 or 4 WR in Johnson. Maybe the best RB in the game in Foster. I haven't seen them play this year but last year I'd say the best O Line in te game and I doubt that's changed much.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

From my standpoint, its PROVEN quality players at each position that have shown to the ability as a team to lead their team to PROVEN results.

People can talk about potential all they want, and while its nice, it doesnt mean much until that potential is realized. Like the Chiefs we speak of....they are loaded with POTENTIAL....same with several other teams out there....but that doesnt mean that potential will all materilize.

People too often think they are one in the same, and to a point they are, but personally, talent leads to results....potential is the "what COULD BE" stuff.

So, that being said....looking at it position by position, its easily IMO the Houston Texans.

Top 10 QB
Top 5 RB
Top 3 WR
Top 10 OLine
Top 5 front 7
Top 5 corner
Top 5 DC

And even the players that may not be top 10 are very effective in their roles.

Beyond that, the 49ers are right there.

Teams like the Packers and Patriots, while they definitely have talent and potential, are being led primarily by elite QBs. If either of them went down, I think the Packers and Pats would be .500 teams at best. The 49ers and Texans without their QBs I think could still make playoff pushes.

But yeah...the Texans are at the top of my list. No discernable holes right now.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

From my standpoint, its PROVEN quality players at each position that have shown to the ability as a team to lead their team to PROVEN results.

People can talk about potential all they want, and while its nice, it doesnt mean much until that potential is realized. Like the Chiefs we speak of....they are loaded with POTENTIAL....same with several other teams out there....but that doesnt mean that potential will all materilize.

People too often think they are one in the same, and to a point they are, but personally, talent leads to results....potential is the "what COULD BE" stuff.

So, that being said....looking at it position by position, its easily IMO the Houston Texans.

Top 10 QB
Top 5 RB
Top 3 WR
Top 10 OLine
Top 5 front 7
Top 5 corner
Top 5 DC

And even the players that may not be top 10 are very effective in their roles.

Beyond that, the 49ers are right there.

Teams like the Packers and Patriots, while they definitely have talent and potential, are being led primarily by elite QBs. If either of them went down, I think the Packers and Pats would be .500 teams at best. The 49ers and Texans without their QBs I think could still make playoff pushes.

But yeah...the Texans are at the top of my list. No discernable holes right now.

i can agree with this. Houston has each year gotten better and better. they have kept their stars and upgraded positions also. if they can stay healthy, they are a scary team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the Texans. Amazing talent there.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Acgott

Are we taking injuries into account? Do the Giants have Nicks in this scenario?

Last edited by Acgott on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

Acgott wrote:
Are we taking into account? Do the Giants have Nicks in this scenario?

Why wouldn't they? Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Are we taking into account? Do the Giants have Nicks in this scenario?

Why wouldn't they? Laughing

Because he has only played in 2 games this season. I was just wondering are we looking at the teams minus the injuries or with the current able rosters

I assume we are just looking at the current rosters minus the IR but just going for clarification
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious teams to me would be Houston, San Fran, Baltimore, Philly, & the Giants. Rodgers and Brady prop up the offenses, I feel they would just be average without them pulling the trigger, and neither team as a particularly good defense. San Fran isn't particularly good at QB or receiver. Houston doesn't have much depth at receiver and Daniels has never been the same post injury. For Baltimore, Cary Williams is terrible, and the interior of the o line can be had, also the pass rush has adjusted well to Suggs is absence, but a good number of backups on the defense would start elsewhere. Philly's only real weaknesses are oline and linebackers, and the same could be said for the Giants. I don't think there's a clear cut answer I'd lean Baltimore in terms of talent and game changers, but San Francisco or Houston in terms of production.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the most talented team is by far Houston. I still think overall, San Francisco is a better team, maybe the Falcons too, but overall talent wise its Houston.

QB, RB, WR, TE/FB, Oline all very good-elite

Dline, Linebackers and Secondary are one very strong unit (JJ Watt is making a serious case for DPOY, and alot of young guys are improving)

I like where that team is going. I don't think very highly of Kevin Walters, but he's consistant atleast. I think their biggest need is a WR who will eventually become a true #1 to replace Andre when it's time. Otherwise, this team is looking great!

Not your typical Vikings anymore. (maybe I was wrong...)
DreDay80

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans

-Top 10 QB
-Top 5 HB
-Top 10 Offensive line
-Top 3 WR
-Top 5 defensive line
-Top 5 ILB
-Top 3 CB
-Top 10 TE
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Obvious teams to me would be Houston, San Fran, Baltimore, Philly, & the Giants. Rodgers and Brady prop up the offenses, I feel they would just be average without them pulling the trigger, and neither team as a particularly good defense. San Fran isn't particularly good at QB or receiver. Houston doesn't have much depth at receiver and Daniels has never been the same post injury. For Baltimore, Cary Williams is terrible, and the interior of the o line can be had, also the pass rush has adjusted well to Suggs is absence, but a good number of backups on the defense would start elsewhere. Philly's only real weaknesses are oline and linebackers, and the same could be said for the Giants. I don't think there's a clear cut answer I'd lean Baltimore in terms of talent and game changers, but San Francisco or Houston in terms of production.

What backups on Baltimore's denfense would start elsewhere? Im not arguing anything against their starting defense, but I dont see what backups would be starters.

And the Eagles LBs are not a weakness anymore. Ryans has been good for them and Kendricks has been playing very well.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFC WEST defeneses are so loaded its crazy.
That Division could be a force to wrecken with.

And most of the core guys are locked up for a long time.
I honestly don't see a Division this loaded for another
5 years.

But the simple answer here is the Texans lol. No weaknesses
what so ever.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

What backups on Baltimore's denfense would start elsewhere? Im not arguing anything against their starting defense, but I dont see what backups would be starters.

And the Eagles LBs are not a weakness anymore. Ryans has been good for them and Kendricks has been playing very well.

Whoa... It's weird not seeing the distinct Tomlin avi anymore.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: