Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

possible HC rumors (saban & kelly)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: possible HC rumors (saban & kelly) Reply with quote

watching around the horn they were talking about different sports radio stations from in Cleveland, to down south, and on the west coast talking about these possible rumors.

rumors are the Browns might be interested in Chip Kelly from Oregon or Nick Saban from Alabama...

what do you guys think about this?

me, i would like Saban. He runs Alabama like an NFL team IMO. It would be great for TRich. It would bring his comfort level to new heights. He is a great motivator, has a lot of passion for the game.

I could see him possibly leaving because he will most likely win his 3rd title this season. He has been the best coach in college football for awhile now. I can see him now wanting to me on (possibly)

he has a strong connection with ohio. played at Kent St, coached for Kent St, coached at OSU, coached at Toledo, and has coached for the Browns
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been on here saying kelly for a few weeks now, I think the guy is an offensive genius, and while his orego style offense may not work in the nfl, I feel he could adapt his fast paced style to a more traditional nfl offense

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly is intriguing to me

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Chip Kelly is intriguing to me

hop on the train brother, you know you want to Cool

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Productiondawg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saban might run his Bama team like an NFL team but he certainly didn't run the Dolphins like an NFL team. Beside that, a head coaching job at Bama is almost the pinnacle of coaching jobs, he'll earn more notority there and get pai more. As for Kelly, Dawgpound said it best when he just said his style won't work in the pros.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
As for Kelly, Dawgpound said it best when he just said his style won't work in the pros.

Is that all you read?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly maybe a career ladder climber, but he has just brought ND football back into the national spotlight. To jump and run into a less than attractive NFL position doesnt seam like a smart idea. (not until until has a building year coming up that is... haha)

Saban has had his shot in the NFL and didnt fare to well. Not that it was all his fault mind you, but it wasnt pretty. Now he is sitting atop the mountain in college football and is the TOP coach for the TOP program in the nation... leave that Cleveland? again, doesnt seem like a smart idea.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
As for Kelly, Dawgpound said it best when he just said his style won't work in the pros.

Is that all you read?

exactly i said his spread type offense wont work, but the general mantra of his fast paced offense I think can be grafted into a more traditional offense

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Kelly maybe a career ladder climber, but he has just brought ND football back into the national spotlight. To jump and run into a less than attractive NFL position doesnt seam like a smart idea. (not until until has a building year coming up that is... haha)

Saban has had his shot in the NFL and didnt fare to well. Not that it was all his fault mind you, but it wasnt pretty. Now he is sitting atop the mountain in college football and is the TOP coach for the TOP program in the nation... leave that Cleveland? again, doesnt seem like a smart idea.

wrong Kelly Drew, Chip kelly is the oregon coach, Brian Kelly is the ND coach

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

malibuspeedrace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

get this Brian Kelly talk out of the chip kelly possibilities thread.

we don't need that heart attack waiting to happen cluttering our great state Laughing
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to any college coach.

I love Saban but don't think he wants to be in the NFL.

Chip Kelley's gimmick bs would get eaten alive in the NFL.

I hope this is more bogus rumors.

Jamison on the sig
pmk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

Is that all you read?

exactly i said his spread type offense wont work, but the general mantra of his fast paced offense I think can be grafted into a more traditional offense
While philosophy on both sides of the ball is important in a HC, it is much more important that they are experts in two things: leadership and organization. They must make sure everyone is on the same page and getting things done efficiently during practice, on game day, in film sessions, etc. They must be willing to delegate responsibility because there is too much for one man to do in a given week to prepare an NFL team (and by extension they must surround themselves with a great staff in order to execute those delegated duties effectively). While I question whether Chip's offense would be applicable in the pros (physical CBs would eat up the hitches and screens by playing press, something CBs in the pac-12 seem to be allergic to) his style of man management and efficiency with which his team operates would defiantly work at an NFL level. Not sure about his leadership qualities (seems like kind of an odd guy) but his teams always come out fired up and ready to play fast. They seem supremely confident on the field and even when they are down big early they always seem like they turn it up a notch in the second half. Those are the kind of qualities that make for a great HC in the NFL so I for one would love to see Chip Kelly on the sidelines in Cleveland.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we hired Chip, we should steal the texans o-line coach and hire him to be our o-coordinator. Chips LOVES the ZBS.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

wrong Kelly Drew, Chip kelly is the oregon coach, Brian Kelly is the ND coach

They all look the same to me... Laughing
Ether

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw it guys let's get both

Haslem go big or go home 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: