Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 5: Baltimore @ Kansas City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Stats Cassel needs to not get benched going foward?
656yds 8TD's
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
400yds 3TD's
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
300yds 2TD's
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Just need the win
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
<3 Turnovers
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think Palooka would want us to play anyone who we thought might get us a win or two...after all. Aren't the Raiders our biggest competition to take a QB?

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's closer than you are giving it credit for. After all, Romeo is starting Cassel. You're right though Cassel puts us in a position where we are behind...and Romeo has no coaching ability to make us competitive to fight back.

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's not surprising the two people we are arguing about...are sticking together. At least they are if Romeo is to be believed.

big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
You would think Palooka would want us to play anyone who we thought might get us a win or two...after all. Aren't the Raiders our biggest competition to take a QB?

HAve you seen the Raiders defense? They can't cover, stop the run or rush the passer. As much as I like a franchise QB, the defense doesn't have a single playmaker on it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right...but can you pass on a franchise QB? I'll tell you the answer is no, not with Reggie McKenzie running the show. The Raiders have their first this year right? The Palmer trade has passed through?

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not happy that Cassel is injured, but I am happy that we got to see Quinn, and am hopeful that Quinn will play next week.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Right...but can you pass on a franchise QB? I'll tell you the answer is no, not with Reggie McKenzie running the show. The Raiders have their first this year right? The Palmer trade has passed through?

Correct. This will be the topic of debate for the Raiders offseason.

Do you take Jarvis Jones to boost the pass rush and give Palmer another year or 2 with perhaps a developmental QB under him?

Or, do you take the franchise QB and build around him?

I think you need a franchise QB to consistently win in the NFL, so no qualms there if the right guy is available.

My hope is, they get a ridiculous trade package and can add much needed picks to start overhauling the roster. IMO, 50% of the roster or more will be turned over next season. Have to have have picks to build it up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they asked Crennel, "If Cassel's cleared to play will he be the starter next week?"

And Crennel just said "Cassel. If he's cleared to play, we'll have to see how he is doing."

I'm pretty sure that means Cassel will be starting if he's healthy. He might of just answered it as if they asked the question in a different way by saying that Cassel will be the starter instead of saying yes.

How can he decide that without even looking at the film after another terrible performance. I don't get it. He sounded happy at that press conference. We were 1-3, you can't be happy after another loss. For the first time this season, a QB hit our WR's in stride and allowed them to pick up extra yards easier. That guy was Quinn. So why are we going with Cassel again?

This is frustrating. Is Pioli telling them that they can't bench Cassel? I don't get it. I really don't get it. Why are we starting this guy? They aren't even going to look at the film, let Quinn run with the starters in practice, or anything. If Cassel's cleared to play, then he's the starter. Why? Since the coaches won't make the obvious decision and put Quinn in, they can't be upset when the fans start cheering when Cassel gets hurt, and we finally see the guy who should have already been in there.

I don't think that Chiefs fans are classless. If Cassel would have been pulled they would cheered just as loud or louder when Quinn came running out there. It had nothing to do with the injury, aside from the fact that the injury was the reason we finally got to see Quinn. He really should have been in there before the injury.

Last edited by simonwayne on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go to the game. Was a fun game to many Raven fans there. Defense was awesome and Run Game/O-line were awesome.

We need a new Offensive cord. him running the ball 3 and long and not passing it that much (albeit Cassel sucks) hurt us. They had 8-9 men in the box all day. When we did pass it there was always guys open deep but then again Cassel threw it short or checked down.

Another thing I disliked was on the play Cassel got hurt. Everyone was cheering about the big play. Then everyone saw Cassel on the ground not moving everyone cheered louder. Sorry, I don't like Cassel but I don't want to see him get hurt.

When Brady got in the game it was a different atmosphere in Arrowhead and a different team.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Banner that was flying over Arrowhead was kinda small and hard to make out. I didn't even see it flying during the game or after.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now accepting apologies for anyone who tried to tell me Cassel is clearly our best QB. Very Happy

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
We need a new Offensive cord. him running the ball 3 and long and not passing it that much (albeit Cassel sucks) hurt us. They had 8-9 men in the box all day. When we did pass it there was always guys open deep but then again Cassel threw it short or checked down.

You want Cassel passing the ball?
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

You want Cassel passing the ball?

I did say he sucked. But it looked like Muir was the OC out there. I would much rather see us pass on 3rd and long over draw play for nothing on 3rd and long.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptbarcus wrote:
KC Passing CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT
Matt Cassel 5 7 37 5.3 0 1

That right there is some Tebowe like numbers!

Tebow is more like 2 for 7 for 80 yards and a TD.

...and how bout that game plan, we "hid" Cassel and were able to limit him to only 3 turnovers lol. GENIUS!

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
X-Factor 13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not big on people cheering Cassel's injury. He may not be a good QB but the man is a decent human being and he tries his best and did not deserve to be treated that way. With all that said I am happy we got to see Quinn and he looked pretty decent in the short time he was out there.

I do not agree with the bull [inappropriate/removed] call on the non Failco fumble. Its hard enough to overcome 4 turnovers but you cant do that and beat the refs as well.

I am pretty close to being done with this team. I have been a fan for nearly 30 years now and I am reaching my give a damn limit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: