Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Joseph vs Lardarius Webb vs Joe Haden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
green24 wrote:
1. Joseph

2. Webb
3. Haden

Between posts like this, and a certain someone ranking him above Nnamdi recently, I think it's safe to say JJoe is getting a tad too much credit.

Excellent football player? Sure. Been a big time player on an elite defense? Sure. Light years ahead of Lardarius Webb, as this guy suggests? No.

I think it is interesting how you equate three presses of the enter key to "light years ahead" Laughing Just find that funny. Maybe he's just saying a tier ahead? Try and see it objectively.

Yeah, I just wanted to say that the difference between Joseph and Webb is bigger than the difference between Webb and Haden.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
green24 wrote:
1. Joseph

2. Webb
3. Haden

Between posts like this, and a certain someone ranking him above Nnamdi recently, I think it's safe to say JJoe is getting a tad too much credit.

Excellent football player? Sure. Been a big time player on an elite defense? Sure. Light years ahead of Lardarius Webb, as this guy suggests? No.

I think it is interesting how you equate three presses of the enter key to "light years ahead" Laughing Just find that funny. Maybe he's just saying a tier ahead? Try and see it objectively.

Yeah, I just wanted to say that the difference between Joseph and Webb is bigger than the difference between Webb and Haden.

My bad then.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Haden is the best of 3 imo. I think joseph is probably top 5 but i think haden is better and he is in a tougher situation.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haden
Joseph
Webb

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
bigjohnson2009

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people dropping Haden's stock because of a 4 game suspension I see?

He's played on game this year, and I can honestly say our defense has become light years worse without him.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjohnson2009 wrote:

When players are this evenly matched, it happens. All three are fantastic like that, so SOMETHING has gotta give. In this discussion, it's Haden's suspension.

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

Hard to really figure out what makes one better than the other, to be honest. Haden is probably the most physical of the group, Webb has the most athletic skill, Joseph is the most technically sound. Not saying that Webb and Joseph aren't physical, not saying that Joseph and Haden don't have as much athletic skill, not saying that Webb and Haden aren't technically sounds...just that the leader in their respective category has a slight advantage.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

When players are this evenly matched, it happens. All three are fantastic like that, so SOMETHING has gotta give. In this discussion, it's Haden's suspension.

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

Hard to really figure out what makes one better than the other, to be honest. Haden is probably the most physical of the group, Webb has the most athletic skill, Joseph is the most technically sound. Not saying that Webb and Joseph aren't physical, not saying that Joseph and Haden don't have as much athletic skill, not saying that Webb and Haden aren't technically sounds...just that the leader in their respective category has a slight advantage.

Joseph is by far the most athletic of the group. He has legit 4.3 speed and has a 37 inch vertical.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

Joseph is by far the most athletic of the group. He has legit 4.3 speed and has a 37 inch vertical.

Cool it. Even if Joseph is the most athletic of the group, it is not by far.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

That was six years ago when he timed out/measured out to all of that. Given his injury history in Cincy, I'd state that some of it's diminished. Not by some GREAT amount, but enough to say that Webb (4.35, 36.5) has taken the mantle.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

I wouldn't say "by far" at all.

Here's a comparison of combine results to Webb:

Joseph: 4.31
Webb: 4.46

3-cone
Joseph: 6.94
Webb: 6.77

Vert
Joseph: 37.0
Webb: 36.5

20 yard shuttle
Joseph: 4.27
Webb: 4.10

Broad Jump
Joseph: 123.0
Webb: 121.0

So, I'd definitely say Joseph is more explosive than Webb and faster straight line speed, but I'd argue that Webb is definitely just as, if not more, athletic in terms of COD and acceleration as evidenced by the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drills.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

That was six years ago when he timed out/measured out to all of that. Given his injury history in Cincy, I'd state that some of it's diminished. Not by some GREAT amount, but enough to say that Webb (4.35, 36.5) has taken the mantle.

Webb doesn't run a 4.35 though, not even close. He ran a 4.46 which I'm pretty sure Joseph could beat that time with relative ease. On the field you could see how fast Joseph is. He almost never gets burned which was demonstrated in the playoff game against the Ravens where he was matched up with speedster Torrey Smith. I doubt he lost his speed especially considering IIRC he didn't have any major injuries. On his worst day he probably still runs a 4.4 flat. Either way there's probably no point in arguing considering the big picture is that he's the best cornerback of the three regardless of athletic prowess.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

Cool it. Even if Joseph is the most athletic of the group, it is not by far.

Bingo. Just for fun...

Joseph (2006, South Carolina): 5' 11" 193 lbs
40: 4.31 (1.53 10/split)
Reps: 15 x 225 lbs
Vert: 37.0"
Broad: 123"
Shuttle: 4.27
3 Cone: 6.94

Webb (2009, Nicholls State): 5' 10" 179 lbs
40: 4.35 (1.49 10/split)
Reps: 15 x 225 lbs
Vert: 36.5"
Broad: 121"
Shuttle: 4.10
3 Cone: 6.77

Haden (2010, Florida): 5' 11" 193 lbs
40: 4.53 (1.53 10/split)
Reps: 18 x 225
Vert: 35.0"
Broad: 125"
Shuttle: 4.34
3 Cone: 6.94

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

I wouldn't say "by far" at all.

Here's a comparison of combine results to Webb:

Joseph: 4.31
Webb: 4.46

3-cone
Joseph: 6.94
Webb: 6.77

Vert
Joseph: 37.0
Webb: 36.5

20 yard shuttle
Joseph: 4.27
Webb: 4.10

Broad Jump
Joseph: 123.0
Webb: 121.0

So, I'd definitely say Joseph is more explosive than Webb and faster straight line speed, but I'd argue that Webb is definitely just as, if not more, athletic in terms of COD and acceleration as evidenced by the 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drills.

Fair enough.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bigjohnson2009 wrote:

For me, it's:

1. Joseph
2a. Webb
2b. Haden

Webb doesn't run a 4.35 though, not even close. He ran a 4.46 which I'm pretty sure Joseph could beat that time with relative ease. On the field you could see how fast Joseph is. He almost never gets burned which was demonstrated in the playoff game against the Ravens where he was matched up with speedster Torrey Smith. I doubt he lost his speed especially considering IIRC he didn't have any major injuries. On his worst day he probably still runs a 4.4 flat. Either way there's probably no point in arguing considering the big picture is that he's the best cornerback of the three regardless of athletic prowess.

Sure about that?

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Lardarius&l=Webb&i=8387

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/lardarius-webb?id=81879

I'd rather trust this site and all the other sites that have 4.46 as his 40 time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: