Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Joseph vs Lardarius Webb vs Joe Haden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
bmore4life815 wrote:
I know it's only one game, but could Joseph have played any worse tonight?

Probably his worst game as a Texan, next to the Regular Season game against the Ravens last season, when Anquan Boldin went off on him. That one was just mistiming on his part - a second too early or late in his attempt on the ball, and Boldin is the type of WR who makes defenders pay when they mistime an attempt on a deflection or INT. Was a bad game for him that day...

Yesterday, the one BIG play that he gave up to Kerley? Guy lost his footing, fell down as he was making him jam. As a pro, he shouldn't be losing his footing like that, but I'm not TOO worried of this being a constant issue in his game.

Hum, how about that play where Cromartie burned him real bad? It wasn't a catch thanks to a poor QB throw but that was terrible coverage.

So one guy beats him on a deep route - a guy who is known for having world class speed, a guy who currently holds the record for longest scoring play in NFL history, a 109 yard return for a TD on a missed FG while in San Diego. Hate Cromartie all you want, guy completely bottled up one of the best WRs in the NFL and had a great play that should of led to a big completion on one of the best CBs in the NFL, in the SAME GAME.

Not trying to make a cupcake out of a cow patty - Joseph had a bad game. However, I have seen numerous GOOD games from him and some AMAZING game from him to give him a pass on two bad plays in a game where I suspect he and the rest of the D came in overconfident.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Dang homie take a chill pill.

As a Texans fan if someone from my own fan base started pimping out my own guy, I'm not googling resources to disprove him, that's all I'm saying.

So what you're saying is that fans shouldn't try to objectively relay stats, but rather think "Hey, if that makes him look better, even if it's wrong, I'll just see if anyone notices"?

Yeah... that's exactly what I mean.

Laughable. Remind me to never try to have a serious discussion with you if you're going to intentionally try to be a blind homer.

Oh dear me.

You not only missed the original point you then even missed my sarcasm in the second point.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

As a Texans fan if someone from my own fan base started pimping out my own guy, I'm not googling resources to disprove him, that's all I'm saying.

So what you're saying is that fans shouldn't try to objectively relay stats, but rather think "Hey, if that makes him look better, even if it's wrong, I'll just see if anyone notices"?

Laughable. Remind me to never try to have a serious discussion with you if you're going to intentionally try to be a blind homer.

Oh dear me.

You not only missed the original point you then even missed my sarcasm in the second point.

So, then, explain to me your first point?

And sorry I missed your 2nd post's sarcasm without any indication of it including, but not limited to, winky face, rolling eyes face, italic font, etc.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Oh dear me.

So, then, explain to me your first point?

And sorry I missed your 2nd post's sarcasm without any indication of it including, but not limited to, winky face, rolling eyes face, italic font, etc.

My first point was that, if a Texans fan us arguing on the side of one of my players I'm not going to try and disprove him. If others want to, then that is fine, and if the stats are there then i will leave it to the Texans fan to defend his stance.

Are you telling me if one of your Ravens fans discussed how great Ray Rice was in a topic and brought up some points, would you then seek out those points/stats to then shoot him down? If he's wrong that's fine, I'm just not going to try and put my own team down.

I had hoped the ".." would hint at sarcasm. I post on my phone so don't have the luxury of emoticons.

kmvoss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy how Webb has developed to where he is in this type of discussion.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
My first point was that, if a Texans fan us arguing on the side of one of my players I'm not going to try and disprove him. If others want to, then that is fine, and if the stats are there then i will leave it to the Texans fan to defend his stance.

Are you telling me if one of your Ravens fans discussed how great Ray Rice was in a topic and brought up some points, would you then seek out those points/stats to then shoot him down? If he's wrong that's fine, I'm just not going to try and put my own team down.

If they posted stats that were indeed incorrect, I would correct them, yes. Are you saying that if you saw a Texans fan post stats related to your player that you knew were not correct, yet they painted a better picture than what reality was, you would just keep quiet instead of correcting them?

Quote:
I had hoped the ".." would hint at sarcasm. I post on my phone so don't have the luxury of emoticons

You have a semi-colon and a right parenthesis, right? Wink

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan Joseph
Joe Haden
Ladarius Webb

That's how I'd rate them. That's no knock on Webb either, He's definitely in the discussion, just shows how much i like JoJo and Haden.

Kempes on the custom sig!
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

If they posted stats that were indeed incorrect, I would correct them, yes. Are you saying that if you saw a Texans fan post stats related to your player that you knew were not correct, yet they painted a better picture than what reality was, you would just keep quiet instead of correcting them?

Eh depends how outrageous they were, if they were believable and i didn't actually know whether they were right or not i wouldn't google them, i would take their word for it.

Obviously if it's some outrageous homer i might.

To be honest i would avoid their discussion all together if i didn't feel i could add anything useful.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Eh depends how outrageous they were, if they were believable and i didn't actually know whether they were right or not i wouldn't google them, i would take their word for it.

Obviously if it's some outrageous homer i might.

To be honest i would avoid their discussion all together if i didn't feel i could add anything useful.

But that's my question -- outrageous or not, if you knew (or found while looking for other stats) that they were indeed incorrect, you would not speak up and correct them?

That's the vibe I'm getting from your statement which is why I found it "laughable".

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh like i said it's their battle.

Let the rest of FF prove them wrong.

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

And that's fine if you just want to stay out of it.

But you criticized a poster for making the correction, which is what I think is laughable. If you want to avoid it, by all means. But to call someone out for ensuring the discussion is based on legitimate stats and not incorrect ones when they notice is, is ridiculous.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

But you criticized a poster for making the correction, which is what I think is laughable. If you want to avoid it, by all means. But to call someone out for ensuring the discussion is based on legitimate stats and not incorrect ones when they notice is, is ridiculous.

Wasn't directly calling anyone out, it's actually something I've noticed recently here, it seems like it's the fashion thing to knock your own team down a peg. Maybe I'm not used to being part of a successful team in the past and maybe this is the norm. Two years ago you would be hard pressed to find similar situations involving any Texans who were doing well in comparison to their peers.

candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Haden's greatest strength is also a weakness. He is VERY physical with WRs which will sometimes lead to a flag.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
texans_uk wrote:

Wasn't directly calling anyone out, it's actually something I've noticed recently here, it seems like it's the fashion thing to knock your own team down a peg. Maybe I'm not used to being part of a successful team in the past and maybe this is the norm. Two years ago you would be hard pressed to find similar situations involving any Texans who were doing well in comparison to their peers.

That would be my guess Very Happy In the past, you wanted to clarify things and rankings to show your guy belonged in the conversation. Now, if you clarify things, since your guy is already there, it'll likely look like you're knocking him down, when in reality it's just trying to be objective and fair. Don't worry, with the way the Texans are built, you'll get used to it soon enough because y'all aren't going anywhere.

DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with JJoe playing like...
and Webb hurt

Joe Haden for best corner in the league!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: