Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 post game -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
3 straight games with no INT for Vick, but obviously the fumbles were critical.

Our +/- turnover ratio is horrible. -7 I believe.

So the guy is definetely taking more care of the football in the passing game, running with the ball in the other hand... Confused

Anyway, normally I would be up in arms with everyone else but we lost with honor against a team than never losses at home against the NFC and a Defense that easily could have eaten Mike Vick alive. It came down to the wire and just as easily we could have been 4-1. We are still on top and we need to get better and learn from this defeat.

I loved that we still had a comeback drive in the 4th. This shows that the other 3 were no fluke and we have the strong mentality to deal with tough situations. Just this time we happened to deal with another clutch QB.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
3 straight games with no INT for Vick, but obviously the fumbles were critical.

Our +/- turnover ratio is horrible. -7 I believe.

So the guy is definetely taking more care of the football in the passing game, running with the ball in the other hand... Confused

Anyway, normally I would be up in arms with everyone else but we lost with honor against a team than never losses at home against the NFC and a Defense that easily could have eaten Mike Vick alive. It came down to the wire and just as easily we could have been 4-1. We are still on top and we need to get better and learn from this defeat.

I loved that we still had a comeback drive in the 4th. This shows that the other 3 were no fluke and we have the strong mentality to deal with tough situations. Just this time we happened to deal with another clutch QB.

NO reason to hang your head in this game although it makes the game vs the Lions that much bigger

You guys really need to win that game to make up for that one

Just hate that it's another team coming off of a bye that is due for a win.

Talk about a tough schedule break.
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week is looking familiar... A desperate team coming off their bye.

The good thing for us is we wont be flying as high. Hopefully we come out focused and play a solid, efficient game.
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
We need to start dialing up the blitz. Pressure from front 4 is good but they aren't getting sacks. Bring a 5th.

Teams have worked out how to defend the wide 9 - now it's time for Juan to step up.

The key to beating the wide 9 is that easy.

Truth, our front 4 gets pressure because the offensive linemen are almost LETTING them fly behind the QB, every time. We aren't getting to the QB at all.

That's why we need to send a LB in there and cause some disruptions.

I didn't catch the second half but we really need to be careful of over-pursuing. It really kills us if one of the DTs does it.

I'll be honest, I haven't really analyzed/paid close attention to everything the line has been doing play in and play out. But I remember last year one of the big reasons Babin got all those sacks was because Cole put on so much pressure that he forced the QB in Babin's direction. What I'm getting at is everyone needs to get pressure on the QB but at the same time stay at home in your gap and not over pursue. We are generating the pressure on the QB but no one is there to get the sack. He just steps up because the DT over pursued or slides up and to the side because the DE ran past him already.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is asking too much but, looking back to the goal-line QB draw, Vick should have audibled to slants or a fade. We had 2 WRs lined up one-on-one.

I like the draw there if the defense isn't stacked up to stop the run. We need to try to spread them out. If the spread, run it in. Otherwise, take advantage of the matchups and pass.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:

The good thing for us is we wont be flying as high. Hopefully we come out focused and play a solid, efficient game.

It's a team that's even more desperate for a win because 1-4 record would basically be curtains as far as winning their division for the Lions and would put them in serious jeopardy of getting a wildcard spot

But the Eagles need to seriously win this game.

I'm looking at the record of NFC teams at is is TOP HEAVY.

Atlanta- 5-0
Minnesota- 4-1
Chicago- 4-1
Arizona- 4-1
San Fran- 4-1

Seattle- 3-2
NY Giants- 3-2
St.Louis- 3-2

Philly- 3-2

You guys can't afford to drop a game if you have any hopes of getting a top seed, and with the way the NFC is looking right now, getting back to .500 doesn't even look good for making a wildcard spot if you don't win your division.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

NO reason to hang your head in this game although it makes the game vs the Lions that much bigger

You guys really need to win that game to make up for that one

Just hate that it's another team coming off of a bye that is due for a win.

Talk about a tough schedule break.

Plus you add in the fact that both our bye and the Falcons bye are the next week, prior to us meeting in Philly for week 8. No love from the schedule makers.

And you make a good point, no reason to be overly bummed about today's close game. But next week's conference game will most likely matter in the end.
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
You guys can't afford to drop a game if you have any hopes of getting a top seed, and with the way the NFC is looking right now, getting back to .500 doesn't even look good for making a wildcard spot if you don't win your division.

What team do you root for? O.o And its only the 5th week of the season. Relax.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose to Detroit...were in a pretty bad spot. It's looking like a must-win game at this point.

And I was just thinking.......What do you guys think the veterans/key players on this team think of Vick? Like Shady, Nnamdi, Jenkins, Cole, DeSean, DeMeco, etc. Do you think they trust him? Because if I were them (especially the guys on defense) I would be very frustrated with Vick right now. Obviously they won't go out publicly and say anything, but internally do you think there could be an issue there?

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
If we lose to Detroit...were in a pretty bad spot. It's looking like a must-win game at this point.

And I was just thinking.......What do you guys think the veterans/key players on this team think of Vick? Like Shady, Nnamdi, Jenkins, Cole, DeSean, DeMeco, etc. Do you think they trust him? Because if I were them (especially the guys on defense) I would be very frustrated with Vick right now. Obviously they won't go out publicly and say anything, but internally do you think there could be an issue there?

I think the guys are fully behind Vick, but there's no way no matter how 'behind' a guy you are, that you don't admit the truth about a person.

They won't say it, they won't say it out loud, they will defend him in public but they aren't blind. They know they're losing the turnover battle and it's costing them.

Luckily for Vick I think most of the team loves the guy and are fully supportive.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

They probably are thinking more about what they need to do to get better rather then worry about other people's mistakes.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did everyone think about Reid gambling on 4th down in the massive drive we had?

And don't just look at the outcome and say it was a good call, what did you REALLY think backed up at our own 30 yard line.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachside_eagle wrote:

The team always plays best when their backs are against the wall....

It seems like we have to hover around .500 all season long if we want to have a chance...if this team goes 6-2 or something in the first half of the season, they'll probably go 2-6 the second half.

We clearly play our when we're coming off a loss. So damn frustrating.

baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

They probably are thinking more about what they need to do to get better rather then worry about other people's mistakes.

They need to trust Vick if we want to win. Our young guys who don't really know him might start losing faith in him if he keeps playing like this. It could severely hurt our team chemistry.

Obviously nobody is going to just blame him. Nobody on the team is playing perfect. But a team needs to completely trust its quarterback.

BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I think the guys are fully behind Vick, but there's no way no matter how 'behind' a guy you are, that you don't admit the truth about a person.

They won't say it, they won't say it out loud, they will defend him in public but they aren't blind. They know they're losing the turnover battle and it's costing them.

Luckily for Vick I think most of the team loves the guy and are fully supportive.

If anything they are even more behind him that they are last year because of the way that the offense has put together all these clutch drives

I know it didn't work out this time because the Steelers offense pulled it out, but they have to feel like they always have a chance to win the game which is the most important feeling your team can have

But as far as your question of the decision by Reid, it was incredibly gutsy and I thought far too risky at that point of the game. If you don't get it, the Steelers turn around and make it a 2 score game with a tack on FG at the very least.

But a far worse decision was NOT using Shady on the goaline on 1st and goal from the 2.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: