Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Whats up with the lions and the saints?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Whats up with the lions and the saints? Reply with quote

Coming in to the season both teams were favorites to make the playoffs now they are bottom feeders sitting on a 1 and 3(could easily be 0 and 4) record and 0 and 4, the saints did get all their suspended players back by week to right so they can't use that as an excuse and the lions seem to lose every game by a td because of their under performing offense and mediocre special teams what do u guys think is going on?

2014 Adopt-A-Lion: HC Jim Caldwell Record 9-4
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never expected the Lions to be that good this year. Seemed like they were one of those teams that does real well one year and sinks back into mediocrity the next.

Saints... never expected them to be this bad at all. Thought they'd win in spite of all that happened.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No HC, no Interim HC, our defense is non existent.

The only suspended player we got back was Smith, and he is mediocre on a good day. Some of us wanted him cut/traded before the season began anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say I had much faith in the Lions, outside of the Stafford-Johnson connection.

I am surprised with the Saints, I thought there would be some struggles without Payton but I never expected this.

Both are one dimensional teams who cant play defense (Saints).
iknowcool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you have a 24 year old quarterback and are asking him to throw the ball around 43 times a game because you struggle to run the football, things typically don't go well.
Brodie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions last year could have been a product of the lockout

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I cant say I had much faith in the Lions, outside of the Stafford-Johnson connection.

I am surprised with the Saints, I thought there would be some struggles without Payton but I never expected this.

Considering the lions held the 3 and 1 vikings to only 6 points(caused by two long pass interference penalties) i don't think their d is the issue but i do think that their offense is really struggling, between dropped passes and the lack of a running game they don't look very promising not to mention the terrible special teams.

TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:

i don't believe in stuff like that i think it's just an excuse player and coaches used when they were under achieving

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMantobeat wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Considering the lions held the 3 and 1 vikings to only 6 points(caused by two long pass interference penalties) i don't think their d is the issue but i do think that their offense is really struggling, between dropped passes and the lack of a running game they don't look very promising not to mention the terrible special teams.

I was directing the lack of defense more towards the Saints, though I still question the Lions secondary.
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as if a lot of the bad tendencies that Gregg Williams implemented here haven't been shook yet. Our defense is playing overly aggressive, missing tackles, taking terrible angles and playing out of position. Its pretty clear Spags isn't a good fit for this team, at least until we get SOME type of production out of our DL.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
TheMantobeat wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I was directing the lack of defense more towards the Saints, though I still question the Lions secondary.

Their secondary just gives up the worst possible plays at the worst possible times it seems like. Also the Lions have one of (f not THE) worst run blocking offensive lines I have ever seen.

I think Stafford and Johnson are still playing well. But they really can't carry that entire team.

The Saints, well, its almost the same story with them too. They are way too dependent on their prolific offense which is putting way too much pressure on Brees. The Giants proved last year that even the best QBs can have off days where they need their defense to help otherwise they won't win in the playoffs.

I think both teams can both recover to have decent seasons.
kaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMantobeat wrote:
Brodie wrote:

i don't believe in stuff like that i think it's just an excuse player and coaches used when they were under achieving

Last year was absolutely an abnormal year in the NFL, statistically. I don't see how you can't point the finger at the lockout.
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO had so much stuff in the offseason they apparently cant get past it.

the lions dont have a run game or a defense....got away with it last season because they could pass it well enough to make up for it....this season not so much.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaz wrote:
TheMantobeat wrote:
Brodie wrote:

Last year was absolutely an abnormal year in the NFL, statistically. I don't see how you can't point the finger at the lockout.

He just doesn't want to believe that the 2011 season was a fluke.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaz wrote:
TheMantobeat wrote:
Brodie wrote:

This what I came in here to say. Every QB, except Brady, Ryan and Ben, has regressed in some way from last year. Stafford and Newton especially. The defenses last year were obviously undercooked. You could see that even comparing the first 8 games with the last 8.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 76 Yards: 1093 TDs: 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: