Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

Author Message
WIsportsfan


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 2652
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just read that Perry got fined for that perfectly legal tackle on Luck. How in the world are you supposed to tackle these days if that hit was fine worthy? He has to give money to the damn league for tackling like he was taught to, amazing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4266
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
So I just read that Perry got fined for that perfectly legal tackle on Luck. How in the world are you supposed to tackle these days if that hit was fine worthy? He has to give money to the damn league for tackling like he was taught to, amazing.


Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they consider illegal will suffer the same types of consequences.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WIsportsfan


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 2652
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they considerillegal will suffer the same types of consequences.


His helmet never made contact with Luck's helmet. Only reason his chin grazed the top of Perry's helmet was because of the force of the hit jolted his head. Last time I checked, that's just part of the game. Which apparently these guys aren't really allowed to play anymore. It's a garbage rule that needs to be changed, before it costs a team a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4266
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Quote:
Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they considerillegal will suffer the same types of consequences.


His helmet never made contact with Luck's helmet. Only reason his chin grazed the top of Perry's helmet was because of the force of the hit jolted his head. Last time I checked, that's just part of the game. Which apparently these guys aren't really allowed to play anymore. It's a garbage rule that needs to be changed, before it costs a team a game.


It's not about helmet to helmet, its about Perry leading with the crown of his helmet. That's a good way to break your neck, not to mention leading with your helmet like that is essentially using it as a weapon. I don't like how much of a fairy league this has become anymore then you do, but I understand why that hit was illegal. It's just poor form.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scuba St3ve


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 196
Location: Ashwaubenon
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Quote:
Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they considerillegal will suffer the same types of consequences.


His helmet never made contact with Luck's helmet. Only reason his chin grazed the top of Perry's helmet was because of the force of the hit jolted his head. Last time I checked, that's just part of the game. Which apparently these guys aren't really allowed to play anymore. It's a garbage rule that needs to be changed, before it costs a team a game.


It's not about helmet to helmet, its about Perry leading with the crown of his helmet. That's a good way to break your neck, not to mention leading with your helmet like that is essentially using it as a weapon. I don't like how much of a fairy league this has become anymore then you do, but I understand why that hit was illegal. It's just poor form.


he didnt lead with the crown, if you look at it at a better angle you'll see he basically puts his face right in lucks chest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4063
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Quote:
Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they considerillegal will suffer the same types of consequences.


His helmet never made contact with Luck's helmet. Only reason his chin grazed the top of Perry's helmet was because of the force of the hit jolted his head. Last time I checked, that's just part of the game. Which apparently these guys aren't really allowed to play anymore. It's a garbage rule that needs to be changed, before it costs a team a game.


It's not about helmet to helmet, its about Perry leading with the crown of his helmet. That's a good way to break your neck, not to mention leading with your helmet like that is essentially using it as a weapon. I don't like how much of a fairy league this has become anymore then you do, but I understand why that hit was illegal. It's just poor form.


It looked like he put his facemask into Luck's chest, not the crown. I did not youtubey it, but I did watch the game twice so, what, seen it 6 times with the replays? I dunno. Still a horrible call and a worse fine IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 30402
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:


It looked like he put his facemask into Luck's chest, not the crown. I did not youtubey it, but I did watch the game twice so, what, seen it 6 times with the replays? I dunno. Still a horrible call and a worse fine IMO.


Yeah, I get the helmet to helmet hits on "defenseless" players. But not the helmet to other body part on defenseless players.

If they're doing it to protect the defenseless player, it's very, very weak.
If they're doing it to protect the tackler, there's no reason to limit that rule to only defenseless players then.

I think it's a pretty stupid rule and didn't even know it existed until this Perry hit.

Hopefully the organization finds a way to compensate Perry for the fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10317
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
WIsportsfan wrote:
Quote:
Except the hit wasn't legal under the current rules. Do I agree with it? No. That doesn't change the fact that it wasn't within the rules and the league is going to send the message that anything they considerillegal will suffer the same types of consequences.


His helmet never made contact with Luck's helmet. Only reason his chin grazed the top of Perry's helmet was because of the force of the hit jolted his head. Last time I checked, that's just part of the game. Which apparently these guys aren't really allowed to play anymore. It's a garbage rule that needs to be changed, before it costs a team a game.


It's not about helmet to helmet, its about Perry leading with the crown of his helmet. That's a good way to break your neck, not to mention leading with your helmet like that is essentially using it as a weapon. I don't like how much of a fairy league this has become anymore then you do, but I understand why that hit was illegal. It's just poor form.


It looked like he put his facemask into Luck's chest, not the crown. I did not youtubey it, but I did watch the game twice so, what, seen it 6 times with the replays? I dunno. Still a horrible call and a worse fine IMO.


http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000071775/Unnecessary-roughness-or-not

It's a very slight lean forward. When you are charging in and your body at that angle, having your head tilted back so the facemask is vertical is every bit as dangerous, if not moreso than leading with the crown. The neck is straight with the back and the eyes are up he is focusing on hitting him squarely in the center of the chest. That is as textbook a takedown as you can draw in my opinion.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CallMeBarrett


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 737
Location: Gainesville, Florida
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Coach Mike McCarthy noted Wednesday that the Packers will ride the hot hand at running back with Cedric Benson out, though he noted that Alex Green will get the first crack at the assignment, rather than Starks, Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports."


We're doomed like we just saw the Ark of the Covenant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3199
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I missing? Why are we so down on Alex Green? I'm excited to give him a shot. I'd love a 2007 Ryan Grant v2 as much as the next guy, but we have to roll with what we got. It can always be worse.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atari-XXX


Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 1945
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
If I am game planning this offensively this is my plan:
- Hit JJ Watt. First play of the game I run a stretch play, get him moving and then cut him. Hit him high, hit him low, hit him early, hit him often. They talk about getting a QB or WR's off their spot, lets do that to JJ.
- Randall Cobb. Must touch the ball 15-20 times.
- Ball Out. Quick routes to get the ball out of Rodgers hand. Nothing kills a drive like a sack, get the ball out and let the playmakers pile upthe RAC.
- Work the Middle. Hopefully Finley plays but whoever is at TE has to dominate with no Cushing in the middle.
- Multi-RB Gun. Get both Green and Starks in the backfield, maybe sneak in a throw back, a little read option, some routes out of the backfield. Lots of ways to get both of them going.


Finley could be a game-time decision and D.J.Williams didn't practice today because of a hamstring injury.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7800
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
What am I missing? Why are we so down on Alex Green? I'm excited to give him a shot. I'd love a 2007 Ryan Grant v2 as much as the next guy, but we have to roll with what we got. It can always be worse.
Uhh, the dude can only see lanes that you could drive a Semi through. He missed an obvious cut back vs the Colts that could have gone for 3-5 instead he got tackled for like a 2 yard loss. That is the stuff that ticks me off. He is excellent when he gets to the second level but that is hard to do when you can see. I'd rather have Starks get his shot.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7800
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
If I am game planning this offensively this is my plan:
- Hit JJ Watt. First play of the game I run a stretch play, get him moving and then cut him. Hit him high, hit him low, hit him early, hit him often. They talk about getting a QB or WR's off their spot, lets do that to JJ.
- Randall Cobb. Must touch the ball 15-20 times.
- Ball Out. Quick routes to get the ball out of Rodgers hand. Nothing kills a drive like a sack, get the ball out and let the playmakers pile upthe RAC.
- Work the Middle. Hopefully Finley plays but whoever is at TE has to dominate with no Cushing in the middle.
- Multi-RB Gun. Get both Green and Starks in the backfield, maybe sneak in a throw back, a little read option, some routes out of the backfield. Lots of ways to get both of them going.


Finley could be a game-time decision and D.J.Williams didn't practice today because of a hamstring injury.
Welp, guess we got no TE then. Doubt Crabtree or Taylor will scare them at all. If Finley & Williams doesn't play they wont miss Cushing 1 bit.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3199
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
What am I missing? Why are we so down on Alex Green? I'm excited to give him a shot. I'd love a 2007 Ryan Grant v2 as much as the next guy, but we have to roll with what we got. It can always be worse.
Uhh, the dude can only see lanes that you could drive a Semi through. He missed an obvious cut back vs the Colts that could have gone for 3-5 instead he got tackled for like a 2 yard loss. That is the stuff that ticks me off. He is excellent when he gets to the second level but that is hard to do when you can see. I'd rather have Starks get his shot.


So he's crap because of ONE play in his VERY FIRST game in the NFL that wasn't in the preseason? Oh, okay. Let's see how he does after a week of practice with the ones and get him some experience before we decide anything on him.

As for the rest, I'm expecting a 2010 ATL playoffs Rodgers performance. Will it be good enough to win? I hope so, but I'd be shocked if he laid an egg in this game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12939
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm scared about getting beat over top on the PA with McMillian/Burnett back there. Houston is one of the best teams with the PA. Also that works with their whole tempo thing. Great running game, use TEs, great PA, quick counts, rotating OL. Best in the NFL by scheme IMO.

Quick count scares me for Worthy. Me thinks him being in more+not being able to jump the snap will hurt him quite a bit but we will see. Going against that OL won't ever do you much good.

I think we need to start this game passing TBH even though everyone hates this. Rodgers problems are mental at this point. We have seen him pull through and throw bullets into the end zone and make amazing plays but he seems to hesitate now more than ever. Not sure if it's the OL not playing as well as past years which make him force the ball out or "hold it on to long" or if he's just taking too long for plays to develop. Part of the play development has to do with teams not respecting the pass so much. I think after this game I'm going to see how many sacks have come from the Cobb package, and the Cobb/Kuhn lone back sets. Quick passes to start the game then we run screens/run plays to balance it out. If not then Rodgers is a dead man. If they play man vs our WRs like they did against the Jets then I think we have this game on that side of the ball TBH.

Smith and Hawk are going to be big for us Sunday. Going to have to stop the NFL's #1 rusher since 2010 and cover TE's pretty well (or Walter attacking their zones...) or we aren't going to get much help for our offense at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 18 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group