Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: @ Houston Texans (Option to leave Finley in Texas)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we overreacting?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 30 ]
justo is an idiot
32%
 32%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 70

blankman0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

You can't forget Antonio Smith at the other DE along with Barwin who's due for a breakout game and Reed at the other OLB position.

you know who else is due for a breakout game? 3/4ths of the packers roster... just sayin lol

Unless you're a guy like Watt, Smith, Ngata...I'm not sure a 34DE is ever "due" for a big game. They play their position, and can play solid. But that's a a DT mold playing where a speed rusher should be. This could be a good game of matchups for us. Freeney/Mathis was not.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

You can't forget Antonio Smith at the other DE along with Barwin who's due for a breakout game and Reed at the other OLB position.

you know who else is due for a breakout game? 3/4ths of the packers roster... just sayin lol

Most notably Aaron Flippin Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see Cobb get A LOT of touches in this game no matter what. Line him in the backfield, slot wherever, all over the place just get him the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I wanna see Cobb get A LOT of touches in this game no matter what. Line him in the backfield, slot wherever, all over the place just get him the ball.
Not if he's not going to run the ball..
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone written a "Capers possible revenge game" article yet? Media, I am disappoint.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he insists on playing zone then he won't have a chance in hell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Packers promote Greg Van Roten to the active roster. He was excellent in camp in pass pro.

Wooooooooooooooooh linemen. Probably going back down once Sherrod is back on the roster.
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Justin_Felder/statuses/257240591602163714

Quote:
#Packers promote OL Greg Van Roten from practice squad to roster. Rookie out of Penn, training camp w Green Bay. Takes Cedric Benson's spot.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:
#Packers promote OL Greg Van Roten from practice squad to roster. Rookie out of Penn, training camp w Green Bay. Takes Cedric Benson's spot.

Too slow Wink
He's not making the 45 actives though.
Guesses on who the active 45 will be?
Also the most telling thing that this says to be is that the staff thinks Van Roten>Datko
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me demented, but the one silver lining in this whole situation is that the bandwagon fans have left. Now, the bandwagon fans say "nah I probably won't watch Sunday cuz they won't win, I just hope they don't get embarrassed." I realize we've looked BRUTAL at times, but I'm watching tomorrow night expecting the Packers to leave victorious. It's not like the 2006 Packers vs the 2012 Texans. This is still an immensely talented football team.

I won't be happy with an "aww shucks, almost, I'm happy we kept it close!" kind of game. Those morale victories are for the Jacksonville's and Cleveland's of the league. I'm looking for GB to get a W. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Call me demented, but the one silver lining in this whole situation is that the bandwagon fans have left. Now, the bandwagon fans say "nah I probably won't watch Sunday cuz they won't win, I just hope they don't get embarrassed." I realize we've looked BRUTAL at times, but I'm watching tomorrow night expecting the Packers to leave victorious. It's not like the 2006 Packers vs the 2012 Texans. This is still an immensely talented football team.

I won't be happy with an "aww shucks, almost, I'm happy we kept it close!" kind of game. Those morale victories are for the Jacksonville's and Cleveland's of the league. I'm looking for GB to get a W. Cool

This is what is so baffling! We all know we have the talent. If this were 2006 and this kind of stuff was going on it wouldn't be so frustrating and disappointing as it is this year. Seattle was the Twilight Zone but the second half collapse in Indy was alarming, frankly. We had a decent lead but it appeared like the teams changed uniforms at half time. If we perform like that for any length of time in Houston tonight it could get ugly and I sure as heck don't want to see my beloved Packers embarrassed on national television. I want to see us victorious but I'm not going into this game with that expectation because I have yet to see us play 60 minutes of good football this season. I pray they prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Raji is out I really lower my expectations for this game. Picket can hold the middle, but I'm concerned about our ends. Wilson will be alright, but Neal/Worthy/Daniels will all need to step up in the run game. And I wonder if we will be able to rotate enough to keep our guys fresh. If they are constantly in third and short, we can't really go with 1 down lineman. We gotta do a good job of forcing 3rd and longs. It'll be tough since this is one of the heaviest run teams we'll face. I don't think we'll see what we saw from SF in them bringing in extra linemen for heavy sets so it'll be interesting to watch.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
chucknorris101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:

Too slow Wink
Also the most telling thing that this says to be is that the staff thinks Van Roten>Datko

Maybe an extra interior OL so that if they need to bench saturday they can?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck today guys, hopefully it's a entertaining and competitive game. Hope we both come out with no injuries.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chucknorris101 wrote:
justo wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:

Quote:

Too slow Wink

Maybe an extra interior OL so that if they need to bench saturday they can?

There's no way we can bench Saturday. EDS isn't ready to go for a stretch yet. Also Saturday's contract is too big to have him sit as a back up for a season and a half. Van Roten is going to be back on the PS anyway once the PUP guys make their way back to the roster.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 20 of 63

Jump to: