Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pickett at Nose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDN40

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Pickett at Nose Reply with quote

I've wondered this for two years now and thought I'd re-vist.
Everyone knows why Pickett was moved to the outside and Raji to nose a couple years ago. I was always perplexed, only because you know that you aren't going to get anything from Pickett other than run stuffing. I'm no line expert, but I have to wonder how much we lose by not having someone more active at the end. I'm not suggesting Raji should be moved back outside in favor of Pickett .... or maybe I am. There is plenty of time for Raji to move back after Pickett retires. I just still wonder if this line would have more success with a more agile Raji on the outside and Pickett standing things up at nose. That or maybe Pickett spells Raji at nose and we go to others at end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly this would make lots of sense. Pickett at nose brings much more to our run defense.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I was thinking this exact same thing during the game. When it boils down to it Pickett is much more affective against the run than the pass where Raji can get to the QB at times. I think we should definteley swap them at times to give a different look.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickett is clearly a good bit more stout than Raji is. In that, one could make a very strong case for him being a better NT right now. Problem is, Pickett is a MUCH better end than Raji would be. Your not going to take reps from a young PB lineman like Raji. Just not going to happen.

Mad respect for Pickett in all of this though. In many ways the NT is the face of a 30 front. Pickett was willing to step out of that light for the greater good some time back. Great football player, but great man as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like has been said, Pickett does not move. That is good and bad. Not many guys are as stout, but just about any quality DL gets more pressure. I think we would do better with some more of Pickett at nose but it can't be full time either.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
justo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Problem is, Pickett is a MUCH better end than Raji would be.
Pretty much agree with this the most. Pickett might be a better NT, but Raji is certainly not built for 3-4 DE. Still think the best DL for us as a unit is Pickett-Raji-Worthy (would probably have Merling as 4th DL if he was still on the team TBH) but we still use Wilson as our "starter". I think Worthy is a clear cut starter for 2013. Want to see more Daniels though. Seen good and bad out of him. Not sure exactly where to place him right now.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: