Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do the Packers miss Philbin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Do the Packers miss Philbin? Reply with quote

The wheels on the bus have come off and the Packers are in deep trouble. I know they still have talented players, but the team is NOT what they were last year. Could it be that they REALLY miss Philbin? I'm not ready to crown Philbin or anything, but the Packers are struggling, clearly, and the Dolphins have been IN most of the games this year. How big of a part of the Packers fall and the Dolphins growth due to the skinny, pale, bald man our guys call coach?
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may be a case of missing Philbin....Looking at the teams stats and seeing their offense not ranked in the top 15 in any category is pretty telling....
smokeRICKYsmoke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has something to do with missing Philbin because going back to last years playoffs right after philbin son passed away the team was out of sync with out him.. I am happy Philbin is the head coach of the Miami Dolphins the team looks like they are finally heading in the right direction..

-xbox live - KINGKONG609 and HALFWAYCROOK609
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible defenses have adjusted? I'm just saying. There defense has gotten worse since winning the Super Bowl. They have no running game and jordy Nelson is not a factor.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly was going to start a thread exactly like this, but wanted a larger number of games to analyze.

It's entirely possible they do miss him. One thing that seems odd is that other dominant offenses have been mostly mediocre thus far as well. New Orleans, New England, and Detroit have all been far below their norm. Perhaps defenses are catching up in general?
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but I think they miss Greg Jennings more than they miss Philbin.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Probably, but I think they miss Greg Jennings more than they miss Philbin.

Don't remind me. He's been a ghost on my fantasy squad since the season began. Rolling Eyes

I think Philbin has done a great job in Miami and I for one am a big supporter. I love the cohesion amongst our guys in the locker-room and how accountability is becoming a key theme.

Rodgers threw for 250 yards and 3 TDs today but his defense gave up 30 points to Andrew Luck, a rookie, while having a big lead to start the game. That's unacceptable. We've shown over the last 2 games that you don't need much of a running game to be competitive in the NFL. I believe passing attacks answer for most teams just fine.

Clearly there are defensive issues in Green Bay. I wouldn't lay the blame so much on the offense nor would I give Philbin a ton of credit since it's not really known how much he contributed in the first place.

Green Bay is missing their best WR and is not playing well on defense. Philbin might be on the list of reasons why they're struggling but he's certainly not #1.
Huckaby

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sunday night football last night they were talking about how the Packers coaching staff and Rodgers said they miss Philbin's preparation abilities. And how Philbin was a big loss to their organization.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting alot of us think we have a good one and are excited about him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: