Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Munchak & Staff Gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that the Steelers OL is in shambles right now. Was definitely nice to see a pass rush, but I wouldn't count on it being a consistent thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've cursed at Gray quite a bit...but something to keep in mind...

The defense is really young and still learning and learning how to work as a unit.

Has McCarthy started 16 games yet? Brown's a rookie. Those 2 along with Ayers give a lot of hope to the future for the LB crew.

Same with the defensive line with Casey, Klug, Martin... still learning and should improve. McCourty and Verner too.

Yes, Griffin is a sore spot and should be more of a leader.

But if we are going to stick with Gray, I still have hope given how good some of these young players look.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Keep in mind that the Steelers OL is in shambles right now. Was definitely nice to see a pass rush, but I wouldn't count on it being a consistent thing.

This is true, but still if we didn't beat their shattered line we'd be ripping them for not beating the scrubs.

Gotta beat who is in front of you and Morgan played a hell of a game and Wimbley was within reach of Big Ben, but Ben did some of his magic.

Gotta start somewhere and I'm glad they won that battle at least.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:

The defense is really young and still learning and learning how to work as a unit.

Has McCarthy started 16 games yet? Brown's a rookie. Those 2 along with Ayers give a lot of hope to the future for the LB crew.

Same with the defensive line with Casey, Klug, Martin... still learning and should improve. McCourty and Verner too.

But if we are going to stick with Gray, I still have hope given how good some of these young players look.

He was only a rookie last year and wasnt starting in the start of that year lol give him a break Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

He was only a rookie last year and wasnt starting in the start of that year lol give him a break Laughing

Eh, what? I thought I was giving him a break. I was pointing out that there's a lot of room for growth and improvement.
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

Eh, what? I thought I was giving him a break. I was pointing out that there's a lot of room for growth and improvement.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant that in a negative way Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Titanium wrote:
justing101 wrote:
Titanium wrote:

Oh sorry, I thought you meant that in a negative way Embarassed

No problem, I could have worded it better.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were definitely some improvements this game... but there's a lot of work left to be done...

Palmer had a nice gameplan set up to attack the Pitt D, although they're a much different unit than they are withouth Polamalu back there. Hass showed he still has some left in the tank, and eventhough he got a way with some pretty bad passes on top of the horrible int, he was able to get the ball downfield enough to help open up the box... for both running and the shorter pass game.

On D, Gray obviously did something right and the D matched up very well vs Pitt. The tackling is still beyond abysmal once they get past the DL... and Redman was shredding us up before he left with an injury. Outside of the 80 yard bomb to Wallace, the D did a great job containing a very explosive receiving group, keeping everything in front of them. The pass rush is still lacking. The raw #s look alright, but Ben is known for holding on to the ball too long to try and make things happen, and they OL was decimated... it could have been a lot better. Morgan and Wimbley both had very good games... Casey, Martin, and Marks all look good, and did an awesome job in the run game... but Gray needs to help that pass rush with some effective blitzing calls/schemes.

But not all of the negatives that we've discussed the past few weeks have been corrected...
- The tackling is still pathetic. Whether it be the attempts at arm tackles, the angles players are taking, or whatever, its very obvious there is a general problem that involves multiple players (namely the safety group).
- In game adjustments. Again, Munchack and company get outcoached coming out at halftime. Just like in the Detroit game, we go into the lockerroom with a lead, and fail to adjust to the adjustments the other team makes, come out flat, and give up the lead. In Det, raw playmaking ability, luck, and some great calls on STs were just enough late in the game to help secure that win. This week... the offense got going again late when the team was hurried... but was that because Munch and Palmer started making the right calls... or was it because Hass' savvy kicked in and his reads were on point?

Bottom line is the team is very inconsistent. Coaching staff still has a long, long way to go, but at least this game was a start. They definitely need to continue this progress. Many of us envisioned a 2-4, 3-3 start with the way the opening schedule played out, so we're not that far off predictions. The AFC is also a little down this year, but we've already lost some possible tie break games... so a 9-7 finish may not get us in the playoffs again. Can this team, the coaching staff come together to finish 8-2? The talent is there... especially on offense. As down as I've been on this team, I still believe they're very close to a breakout... clicking on all cylinders and making this a very dangerous team. (So much so that in my money league, I was rewarded for starting CJ, Britt, Cookie, and Bironas this week, on my Firestorm team... and I also picked us to win in our pick 'ems as well as my work money pot game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This d has always torn us apart even with injuries. So regardless of that we played very well against them and should only be looked at as a positive imo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles just fired their DC. We have potentially one of the worst defenses in history and our DC still has a job. Mind = Blown
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Eagles just fired their DC. We have potentially one of the worst defenses in history and our DC still has a job. Mind = Blown

There was a lot more going on there than simple performance. If they wanted to fire him last year, I would have understood. But it's really not his fault this time around. Andy Reid isn't going to fire himself.

Ockham wrote:
Yeah. We wouldn't want a power run blocker. We prefer the ole' let CJ get hit in the backfeild type run blocker. My bad.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

The Eagles were ranked 8th in total defense last year and are ranked 12th in total defense this year. If it's just about performance of the defense, then 2/3rds of the NFL should be firing their coordinators, right? Andy needed a scapegoat and Castillo was highly visible because they promoted an OLine coach to DC last year. That's all this is.

Congrats, Seahawk fans!
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid situation reminds me of Fish a few years back. His message may be going stale in Philly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

My biggest question about all of that is...
Who was the genius that decided to switch him from an O-line coach to a defensive coordinator???
THAT's the S.O.B. who should've been fired.

What's next? Are they going to make the WR coach the new DC, or have the LB coach run the offense? It makes about the same amount of sense.

Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

My biggest question about all of that is...
Who was the genius that decided to switch him from an O-line coach to a defensive coordinator???
THAT's the S.O.B. who should've been fired.

What's next? Are they going to make the WR coach the new DC, or have the LB coach run the offense? It makes about the same amount of sense.

It depends on the coaches prior experience. Didn't there dc have more experience on the defensive side of the ball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: