Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I want Munchak & Staff Gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 153
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ironlion wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
If we did fire them, no one would want to come here. You can't come here and have a rough stretch without everyone in the fan base wanting you fired. Laughing

I'm still of the belief that Hass was our biggest problem the last two weeks..The defense stepped up and while they weren't elite, played a lot better. They got no help from the Hasseltrash offense, though. Jake Locker's last start was his best game as a starter to date. Lets see how he builds on that.

Lets see what the team can do when Locker gets back, given the defensive improvements, before we go firing every body.


Im sorry but were you watching the titans Defence?? Allowing 30 points is an improvement against their usual 35ppg allowed but it's still awful. We have allowed 30+ points in our first 5 games. No team has EVER done that. We have no pass rush at all. We can't cover and we sure as hell can't tackle.

We need to bring a coach in that will run the 3-4. I'm so sick of seein the same base formation on every single down. My coach when I was 12 ran a more complicated defense.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again. The fact that munch even debated over starting hassleback is proof enough of how inept he is. Now we have facts and proof to back up that notion.

Honestly nothing will change. Bud Adams hired munch for reason we will never know, and not to win us games. Bud is a joke owner and his team resembles him. Win or lose the titans sell out every game and bud gets a fat cheque from the nfl wether we are 0-16 or 16-0, it just so happens that the cheque is much larger when we don't do well. The league wants ad revenue and the largest market possible. Ten in playoffs does not help that cause. Bud knows this.

Maybe we will consider firing munch in 2023 after he has enough time to really suck. Remember I said maybe.


You want to know why 30 points were allowed? Look no further than our inept offense giving our defense no rest.

Quote:
Up until the fourth quarter of today's loss to Vikes, #Titans had just one drive over five plays.


Seriously, do you guys expect them to hold them to no points when they're on the field for the vast majority of the game? You guys are COMPLETELY ridiculous with your expectations. The defense was FAR from the problem the past two weeks. INCREDIBLY FAR from it.

You guys just look at the scoreboard and don't actually look at the game at all. I guess your anger just makes you blackout, I don't know, but you guys certainly aren't using any logic at this point.



I agree with you that Hasselbeck play cost us the last two games, but that falls solely on Palmer and somewhat on the HC and Matt. He is a veteran of this league and should be more ready to play, encase he is called upon. Clearly once Locker was named starter, the coaching staff and Matt just decide to not prepare him and refuses to find our offensive groove with while he plays. Clearly Locker's mobility is the only saving grace for this offense, since he can stretch the field (with his arm) and also be our running game with his scrambles.

As for the defense not getting rest, yes that's the offense fault for not getting drives going, but the tackling this year has been TERRIBLE.. You see multiple players taking bad angles and just missing easy tackles on 3rd down, which makes them stay on the field longer. The one thing that gets me most mad at Gray and the Defensive staff is that we go into half with some momentum (like last week when he were still in the Texans game and today after Ponder's 2nd INT). Then boom the 3rd quarter starts and the Vikings run right through the D-line and Secondary. Its like he refuses to do some halftime adjustments and teams take totally advantage of that.

It might be a little early to want Munch fired, but either give him the option to bring in 2 new coordinators or just clean house completely. I can't stand to see this team, with basically no offensive game plan and this soft defensive scheme, play and get blown out weekly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 4021
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flylow wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ironlion wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
If we did fire them, no one would want to come here. You can't come here and have a rough stretch without everyone in the fan base wanting you fired. Laughing

I'm still of the belief that Hass was our biggest problem the last two weeks..The defense stepped up and while they weren't elite, played a lot better. They got no help from the Hasseltrash offense, though. Jake Locker's last start was his best game as a starter to date. Lets see how he builds on that.

Lets see what the team can do when Locker gets back, given the defensive improvements, before we go firing every body.


Im sorry but were you watching the titans Defence?? Allowing 30 points is an improvement against their usual 35ppg allowed but it's still awful. We have allowed 30+ points in our first 5 games. No team has EVER done that. We have no pass rush at all. We can't cover and we sure as hell can't tackle.

We need to bring a coach in that will run the 3-4. I'm so sick of seein the same base formation on every single down. My coach when I was 12 ran a more complicated defense.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again. The fact that munch even debated over starting hassleback is proof enough of how inept he is. Now we have facts and proof to back up that notion.

Honestly nothing will change. Bud Adams hired munch for reason we will never know, and not to win us games. Bud is a joke owner and his team resembles him. Win or lose the titans sell out every game and bud gets a fat cheque from the nfl wether we are 0-16 or 16-0, it just so happens that the cheque is much larger when we don't do well. The league wants ad revenue and the largest market possible. Ten in playoffs does not help that cause. Bud knows this.

Maybe we will consider firing munch in 2023 after he has enough time to really suck. Remember I said maybe.


You want to know why 30 points were allowed? Look no further than our inept offense giving our defense no rest.

Quote:
Up until the fourth quarter of today's loss to Vikes, #Titans had just one drive over five plays.


Seriously, do you guys expect them to hold them to no points when they're on the field for the vast majority of the game? You guys are COMPLETELY ridiculous with your expectations. The defense was FAR from the problem the past two weeks. INCREDIBLY FAR from it.

You guys just look at the scoreboard and don't actually look at the game at all. I guess your anger just makes you blackout, I don't know, but you guys certainly aren't using any logic at this point.



I agree with you that Hasselbeck play cost us the last two games, but that falls solely on Palmer and somewhat on the HC and Matt. He is a veteran of this league and should be more ready to play, encase he is called upon. Clearly once Locker was named starter, the coaching staff and Matt just decide to not prepare him and refuses to find our offensive groove with while he plays. Clearly Locker's mobility is the only saving grace for this offense, since he can stretch the field (with his arm) and also be our running game with his scrambles.

As for the defense not getting rest, yes that's the offense fault for not getting drives going, but the tackling this year has been TERRIBLE.. You see multiple players taking bad angles and just missing easy tackles on 3rd down, which makes them stay on the field longer. The one thing that gets me most mad at Gray and the Defensive staff is that we go into half with some momentum (like last week when he were still in the Texans game and today after Ponder's 2nd INT). Then boom the 3rd quarter starts and the Vikings run right through the D-line and Secondary. Its like he refuses to do some halftime adjustments and teams take totally advantage of that.

It might be a little early to want Munch fired, but either give him the option to bring in 2 new coordinators or just clean house completely. I can't stand to see this team, with basically no offensive game plan and this soft defensive scheme, play and get blown out weekly.


I agree the defense has had issues, and still does have issues. However, it's vastly improved from what it was the first couple weeks and has played well. The offense has completely let them down, thanks to Hasselbeck's ineptitude.

I understand all of this is frustrating, but Jake locker has shown improvement and the defense has shown improvement the last two weeks. Not everything is doom and gloom at the moment. And we're certainly not to the point where we can justify firing a coaching staff who is having to rebuild the team and has had so far quite a bit of success in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flylow


Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 153
Location: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I agree the defense has had issues, and still does have issues. However, it's vastly improved from what it was the first couple weeks and has played well. The offense has completely let them down, thanks to Hasselbeck's ineptitude.

I understand all of this is frustrating, but Jake locker has shown improvement and the defense has shown improvement the last two weeks. Not everything is doom and gloom at the moment. And we're certainly not to the point where we can justify firing a coaching staff who is having to rebuild the team and has had so far quite a bit of success in the draft.



I don't have the confidence in the coaching staff, especially Palmer and Gary, to make the return of Locker change the way the team is playing and stop looking like HS players. Do I think Locker will win us some games? Yes, but thats because Locker can get past Palmer's idiotic play calling and our lack of running game. Do I think the defense will improve once the offense (with Locker) starts getting drives going, sure. Do I think that will happen consistently? No, I don't, simply because Gary has proven not to make any adjustments throughout the games. So, even, if we do somehow slow down a team in the 1st half and Locker gets us a lead or whatever. I have no doubt that once the defense gets on the field in the 2nd half the opposing team will drive right down and score. I believe that has happen in every game this season, might be wrong, but it sure seems like it.


Hopefully I'm wrong and our coordinators can figure out how to use their personal and not waste this team's talent. Then maybe we can actually win some games and have a miracle run into the playoffs.. Okay, now I'm dreaming. Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 989
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not saying fire Munch because he's not a cheerleader when we say he show no emotion we are simply saying that his demeanor is like dual.
I always say players reflect coaching & the titans play week after week after week just like Munchak with no swagg no sense of urgency like their head hunting or trying to make a statement or with some passion. They play just like how munch coach Boring settle no urgency like they don't have a clue.
The titans are pathetic & they play like they want someone to feel sorry for them. Cortland Finnegan Keith Bulluck Chris Hope Tony Brown brought a nastiness Toughness Attitude to this team. Aside from MCarthy I don't see no one playing with a demand for respect attitude
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 25166
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceYoung1010 wrote:
yeah, Rex has a job he probably won't be leaving anytime soon for the Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator position. Unless he gets fired which I just don't really see happening, he's just not an option


Rex does have a job but have you seen the Jets lately? Their a mess just like us. New York doesn't put up with bad records that long. There's a chance he gets fired if he doesn't turn it around. Having said that, he would probably never come here and I doubt we'd go after him. Why? Because we are a joke of a franchise.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10620
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My short list:
Mike Zimmer
someone from the 49ers.... offensive or defensive coordinator
I don't know but John Gruden....( he loved Locker. Might use him well)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2992
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ironlion wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
If we did fire them, no one would want to come here. You can't come here and have a rough stretch without everyone in the fan base wanting you fired. Laughing

I'm still of the belief that Hass was our biggest problem the last two weeks..The defense stepped up and while they weren't elite, played a lot better. They got no help from the Hasseltrash offense, though. Jake Locker's last start was his best game as a starter to date. Lets see how he builds on that.

Lets see what the team can do when Locker gets back, given the defensive improvements, before we go firing every body.


Im sorry but were you watching the titans Defence?? Allowing 30 points is an improvement against their usual 35ppg allowed but it's still awful. We have allowed 30+ points in our first 5 games. No team has EVER done that. We have no pass rush at all. We can't cover and we sure as hell can't tackle.

We need to bring a coach in that will run the 3-4. I'm so sick of seein the same base formation on every single down. My coach when I was 12 ran a more complicated defense.

I said it in the other thread but I'll say it again. The fact that munch even debated over starting hassleback is proof enough of how inept he is. Now we have facts and proof to back up that notion.

Honestly nothing will change. Bud Adams hired munch for reason we will never know, and not to win us games. Bud is a joke owner and his team resembles him. Win or lose the titans sell out every game and bud gets a fat cheque from the nfl wether we are 0-16 or 16-0, it just so happens that the cheque is much larger when we don't do well. The league wants ad revenue and the largest market possible. Ten in playoffs does not help that cause. Bud knows this.

Maybe we will consider firing munch in 2023 after he has enough time to really suck. Remember I said maybe.


You want to know why 30 points were allowed? Look no further than our inept offense giving our defense no rest.

Quote:
Up until the fourth quarter of today's loss to Vikes, #Titans had just one drive over five plays.


Seriously, do you guys expect them to hold them to no points when they're on the field for the vast majority of the game? You guys are COMPLETELY ridiculous with your expectations. The defense was FAR from the problem the past two weeks. INCREDIBLY FAR from it.

You guys just look at the scoreboard and don't actually look at the game at all. I guess your anger just makes you blackout, I don't know, but you guys certainly aren't using any logic at this point.


Where's the pass rush at the beginning of the game? Where's the great tackling on the first drive? ToP is a convenient excuse for our defense being bad at football.

There's nothing gained by telling people they don't watch the games or can't use logic simply because they disagree with you. It's possible to actually pay attention, apply logic, and end up with a different point of view than you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want him fired cuz he is way out of his league as a HC in the NFL and i think everyone knows that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2992
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT I think you're misconstruing what's being said about Munchak's sideline demeanor. I'm not sure anybody's calling for a Rex Ryan type buffoon. We're just tired of Munchak looking at the field like he's not sure what sport is taking place in front of him. Your examples, IMO, are borderline laughable. Dungy wasn't a yeller and screamer, but he didn't stand there like a statue, either. He was up and down the sidelines, talking to/at the players and other coaches, trying to rein guys in when times were good and keep them in it when times were bad. Munchak just stands there while the game falls apart, week after week.

Nobody is calling for Munch to be animated just for the sake of being animated. We're calling for him to show some leadership during the game. Whatever style he'd like to use would be fine. He doesn't have to yell to bench Griffin. He can just tell Gray to find another safety. He doesn't have to throw things to bench CJ. He can just tell Chris to go take a shower. But he can't do those things if he's just staring blankly into the ether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Tebow just as our leader and nothing more lol Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21697
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KT I think you're misconstruing what's being said about Munchak's sideline demeanor. I'm not sure anybody's calling for a Rex Ryan type buffoon. We're just tired of Munchak looking at the field like he's not sure what sport is taking place in front of him. Your examples, IMO, are borderline laughable. Dungy wasn't a yeller and screamer, but he didn't stand there like a statue, either. He was up and down the sidelines, talking to/at the players and other coaches, trying to rein guys in when times were good and keep them in it when times were bad. Munchak just stands there while the game falls apart, week after week.

Nobody is calling for Munch to be animated just for the sake of being animated. We're calling for him to show some leadership during the game. Whatever style he'd like to use would be fine. He doesn't have to yell to bench Griffin. He can just tell Gray to find another safety. He doesn't have to throw things to bench CJ. He can just tell Chris to go take a shower. But he can't do those things if he's just staring blankly into the ether.

THIS THIS THIS SO MUCH THIS.
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10620
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KT I think you're misconstruing what's being said about Munchak's sideline demeanor. I'm not sure anybody's calling for a Rex Ryan type buffoon. We're just tired of Munchak looking at the field like he's not sure what sport is taking place in front of him. Your examples, IMO, are borderline laughable. Dungy wasn't a yeller and screamer, but he didn't stand there like a statue, either. He was up and down the sidelines, talking to/at the players and other coaches, trying to rein guys in when times were good and keep them in it when times were bad. Munchak just stands there while the game falls apart, week after week.

Nobody is calling for Munch to be animated just for the sake of being animated. We're calling for him to show some leadership during the game. Whatever style he'd like to use would be fine. He doesn't have to yell to bench Griffin. He can just tell Gray to find another safety. He doesn't have to throw things to bench CJ. He can just tell Chris to go take a shower. But he can't do those things if he's just staring blankly into the ether.


What you are saying and what others are saying isn't the same.
Do you know if he is/isn't talking to players or coaches? If the coach isn't calling the plays he isn't going to be in every huddle of players. He is handling the duties of a head coach.

You are criticizing his coaching skills when you are talking about him benching CJ, Griff or whatever. Not his demeanor. Do and say what you will about his coaching, but again for people to want him to be more animated which is what others were saying is laughable to me.
Again, if an animated, demonstrative coach equals success then over half the coaches in the league now would be failures.

When they have a camera on him the whole game without cutting away and I see him doing "nothing" the whole game then fine, but I've been to the games in person and seen him "coaching."

Again I feel because he isn't Tomlin or wasn't running around like Josh McDaniels was when they beat the Pats that time, this forum wants to run him out of town. I am alone fine, but I feel that is just for lack of better word, stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10620
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
We need Tebow just as our leader and nothing more lol Laughing


Broncos were 1-4 when they turned it on last year. Smile

Their defense switched into overdrive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2992
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KT I think you're misconstruing what's being said about Munchak's sideline demeanor. I'm not sure anybody's calling for a Rex Ryan type buffoon. We're just tired of Munchak looking at the field like he's not sure what sport is taking place in front of him. Your examples, IMO, are borderline laughable. Dungy wasn't a yeller and screamer, but he didn't stand there like a statue, either. He was up and down the sidelines, talking to/at the players and other coaches, trying to rein guys in when times were good and keep them in it when times were bad. Munchak just stands there while the game falls apart, week after week.

Nobody is calling for Munch to be animated just for the sake of being animated. We're calling for him to show some leadership during the game. Whatever style he'd like to use would be fine. He doesn't have to yell to bench Griffin. He can just tell Gray to find another safety. He doesn't have to throw things to bench CJ. He can just tell Chris to go take a shower. But he can't do those things if he's just staring blankly into the ether.


What you are saying and what others are saying isn't the same.
Do you know if he is/isn't talking to players or coaches? If the coach isn't calling the plays he isn't going to be in every huddle of players. He is handling the duties of a head coach.

You are criticizing his coaching skills when you are talking about him benching CJ, Griff or whatever. Not his demeanor. Do and say what you will about his coaching, but again for people to want him to be more animated which is what others were saying is laughable to me.
Again, if an animated, demonstrative coach equals success then over half the coaches in the league now would be failures.

When they have a camera on him the whole game without cutting away and I see him doing "nothing" the whole game then fine, but I've been to the games in person and seen him "coaching."

Again I feel because he isn't Tomlin or wasn't running around like Josh McDaniels was when they beat the Pats that time, this forum wants to run him out of town. I am alone fine, but I feel that is just for lack of better word, stupid.


Standing there staring at the field is not showing leadership. The team plays exactly the way he coaches - slow, and disinterested.

I am of course criticizing his coaching skills, but also his demeanor. They're one and the same, KT. He just stands around looking at things. Maybe a little fire from the HC would cause some changes. Nobody's afraid to suck on this team because Munch just watches them suck without even showing frustration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10620
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
s_camp wrote:
KT I think you're misconstruing what's being said about Munchak's sideline demeanor. I'm not sure anybody's calling for a Rex Ryan type buffoon. We're just tired of Munchak looking at the field like he's not sure what sport is taking place in front of him. Your examples, IMO, are borderline laughable. Dungy wasn't a yeller and screamer, but he didn't stand there like a statue, either. He was up and down the sidelines, talking to/at the players and other coaches, trying to rein guys in when times were good and keep them in it when times were bad. Munchak just stands there while the game falls apart, week after week.

Nobody is calling for Munch to be animated just for the sake of being animated. We're calling for him to show some leadership during the game. Whatever style he'd like to use would be fine. He doesn't have to yell to bench Griffin. He can just tell Gray to find another safety. He doesn't have to throw things to bench CJ. He can just tell Chris to go take a shower. But he can't do those things if he's just staring blankly into the ether.


What you are saying and what others are saying isn't the same.
Do you know if he is/isn't talking to players or coaches? If the coach isn't calling the plays he isn't going to be in every huddle of players. He is handling the duties of a head coach.

You are criticizing his coaching skills when you are talking about him benching CJ, Griff or whatever. Not his demeanor. Do and say what you will about his coaching, but again for people to want him to be more animated which is what others were saying is laughable to me.
Again, if an animated, demonstrative coach equals success then over half the coaches in the league now would be failures.

When they have a camera on him the whole game without cutting away and I see him doing "nothing" the whole game then fine, but I've been to the games in person and seen him "coaching."

Again I feel because he isn't Tomlin or wasn't running around like Josh McDaniels was when they beat the Pats that time, this forum wants to run him out of town. I am alone fine, but I feel that is just for lack of better word, stupid.


Standing there staring at the field is not showing leadership. The team plays exactly the way he coaches - slow, and disinterested.

I am of course criticizing his coaching skills, but also his demeanor. They're one and the same, KT. He just stands around looking at things. Maybe a little fire from the HC would cause some changes. Nobody's afraid to suck on this team because Munch just watches them suck without even showing frustration.


I don't see how they are one in the same. One is the physical actions they show another is the mental ability he has...
Players to a man have said the biggest difference between Munchack and Fisher was he wasn't afraid to call you out.
He isn't doing it at the 50 yard line but the players have said they are being called out.

Again, if you are saying they aren't afraid of him or that he is failing to motivate them with his coaching ability/tactics, fine. I can see grounds for that argument.
Where I disagree with you and I see most others is that a coach that is out there grabbing facemasks, having a coronary on the sideline isn't going to make this team play substantially better.

We had a coach that was more animated on the sideline and majority of us ran him out of town. To me that doesn't equal success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group