Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Cam Newton who we thought he was?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
He'll always be a sloppy Brett Favre lite type player. As a fan, he'll [inappropriate/removed] you off as much as he impresses you.

Agreed.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
mozwanted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
People are jumping on this bandwagon super quickly. Cam has lost three one score games. He has similar rate stats through the first five games of his sophomore season as John Elway, Drew Brees, Steve Grogan, Doug Williams, Phil Simms, or any number of successful QBs. And yes, I'm including his rushing TDs as touchdowns for Cam, because they are an aspect of his game.

Cam may not be having a great start to this year, and I truly hope he doesn't get psyched out, but I'm not selling low on a guy with the highest physical ceiling of any QB in football.

This is what i dont understand about nfl fans. Cam newton does not suck nor did he get figured out by defensive cordinators.

You do not have the best rookie season in nfl history because they didnt "figure you out" if thats the case alot of defensive coaches need to be figured asap.

Newton has played pretty decent 3 of his 2 games. his 2 worst game being against the giants(who just made alex smith look silly) and seattle who just beat tom brady. Even against seattle he was a pass way from winning that game. He threw the pass inaccurately not because he regressed or that hes been figured out.

If newton doesnt make it in the league it has nothing to do with his ability to play in the nfl. Hes just a baby and really immature and doesnt seem to be putting in the work needed and theirs no excuses for throwing inaccurate passes he has made before. Its a mental thing for him. Defenses hasnt figured him out. Cam newton is just being stupid at the moment and his mental collapse is effecting him. He will get over it eventually.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Its the amount of pressure put on him.
Expectations are set too amazingly high.
He has to throw for 30tds and run for
another 20 while passing for 4k. The amount
of preasure that Kid must feel.

Expectations where just too out of this
World for this young man. He's immature sure
but he's still young.

same thing happened to Vy-Vick
Running QBs are held to a high standard.

That's why I can't wait to see how RG fares
Next year.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: