Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptbarcus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Team needs week 5 Reply with quote

Its that time and since no one else has started it yet I guess I will

and since we have to wait until next year for that I will take

2. HC

^All about Ryk^
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith and Bill Cowher...That will be all.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Geno Smith and Bill Cowher...That will be all.

Yup. That's a dream offseason for me, as long as we keep Albert and Bowe.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB
2. Coaching
3. Everything else is fine.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
1. QB
2. Coaching
3. Everything else is fine.

+1
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB - I have a hard time seeing this changing
2. HC - No marbles...need I say more
3. LG - Allen got blown up a couple of times, but overall played alright.
4. TE - Every time I see TG's stats I weep
5. FB - Imagine how good our running game would be if we had someoone who could actually block
6. FS - More because what would we look like if Elam went down currently...yikes.
7. ILB - didn't hear Belcher's name much today, which is good and bad.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB

2. A little (lot) more guts. (maybe coaching, maybe no trust in Cassel but i'd love to see more aggression.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since DT brought up FS. How much longer is Lewis out for? I was hoping to see him this game.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elam and Daniels are definitely not killing us. They aren't kings of the world, but they are definitely solid depth. Hartman even played decent today.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM I agree, as a whole our d looked good today and this was by far the best game for Elam in my opinion. I'm just thinking of a down the road young guy would be nice type of situation. And don't say Lewis, because I've given up on him being healthy enough to count on.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
JHawk24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the #1 need is obvious, I am surpirsed a the misconception of "everything else".

1- QB
2- DE -- I've been a huge supporter of TJ and Bailey, not so much Dorsey, but it's obvious Dorsey is a null and shouldn't be retained, and quite frankly a J.J. Watt type player doesn't exist on this team.
3- CB -- We hear "on defense number 26" too often. Routt has speed, not cover skills. Beyond that, Flowers has everything but closure of health.
4- ILB-- While I agree Belcher is "ish", it's up to the front 3 to prevent pressure on the second level.
5- DB-- Elam played well today, Berry is under utilized, Lewis is out, Arenas is decent in the nickle, where is Brown?
6-TE-- Injuries prompt this, but still.

Side bar; what does everybody think of Poe right now?

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rant alert. I just got done watching the game (taped...hardcore yardwork! argh!).

QB (default)
HC
OC

Matt Cassel. What can you say? If there was no doubt that Matt Cassel is THE worst non-rookie starting quarterback in the NFL (and the non-rookie caveat is certainly debatable), this game IMO proves that even our coaching staff his no confidence in him. We ran and ran and ran more. And when they could stop our running, we ran some more. When Cassel did pass the ball he was his usual self and couldn't seem to put the ball in a position to allow the receiver to have any chance for making a play after the catch. In fact, at the end of the game the only passes Cassel was attempting was the "wing and a prayer" lob passes in the hope that someone like Baldwin and his 40"+ vertical jump would give him a chance or we would get a pass interference penalty. I hate that he was injured (I really do!), but it honestly looked like he had mailed it in again. And his protesting on the lack of a PI against Bowe seemed more like he knew that could be the nail in his coffin more than his undeniable belief that Bowe was interfered with. And as usual, Daboll became Cassel's shadow all during the game while he was sitting by himself on the bench. Oh, and by the way, considering Daboll was on the sideline and constantly in contact with Cassel - who was Cassel on the phone with during the one shot (I believe in the third quarter)? Was that the invisible man Jim Zorn? Have they locked Zorn up and somehow he got a cellphone signal? Was it Scott Pioli trying to re-assure Cassel that he was still his man? This team would actually have a shot with an slightly below average to average starting quarterback.

Romeo Crennel is just not cutting it as a head coach. You see your team get down the field right before the half and then you end up punting it instead of trying to get closer on 4th and 1 for atleast a viable field goal attempt? A 1-3 team and you play it safe like that?

Brian Daboll called an offensive gameplan that was obviously a complete admission by the coaching staff that they have absolutely zero confidence in Matt Cassel. I completely credit the offensive line early for making excellent blocks (and Maneri also) and Charles and Draughn (and later Gray) fought hard. After awhile the defense is invariably going to adjust to having no passing game. And they are definitely going to tee off against the run when the opposing offense shows that the team collectively has not confidence in their starting quarterback. And Daboll being hired was obviously another Pioli attempt to do whatever possible to help Matt Cassel. I have never seen an offensive coordinator spend so much time sitting with the quarterback as I have watching Daboll and Cassel.

Interesting that Daboll was nowhere near Brady Quinn to talk about any plays IF the offense got the ball back at the end of the game. You would think if you would want to talk to anyone about plays, etc. it would be the second string quarterback before a potential game-winning drive.

Another issue I have with Daboll is the two pick penalties. Why are we calling plays that are based on an action that creates an offensive penalty? I understand that teams get away with this, and so the first play could get some slack. The second play looked like a designed pick by McCluster and was obvious. If I am Daboll and we already got hit with a penalty and I was ballsy enough to try and call essentially the same play, I am sure as hell going to beat it into McCluster's head before the play to get in the way without hitting the defender - basically try and force the defender to re-route.

By the way, on Daboll calling 99% of our plays as running plays, I can't really fault him considering we have Cassel. I was scratching my head and I couldn't believe we were calling run after run without any play-action from Cassel. Now, we were able to run on them for sure, but there was a point where the thought crossed my mind that maybe just maybe Crennel and Daboll were heading a mutiny against Pioli and Cassel! LOL! Unbelievable!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Last edited by nicfre2011 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people putting positions in by default now, because Belcher has outplayed Johnson so far this season. Pretty handily, IMO.

Anywho

1. QB
2. HC
3. DE (I still want more pressure there)
4. TE (Moeaki hasn't done anything impressive yet this year. Boss and Maneri have both outplayed him)

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Are people putting positions in by default now, because Belcher has outplayed Johnson so far this season. Pretty handily, IMO.

Anywho

1. QB
2. HC
4. TE (Moeaki hasn't done anything impressive yet this year. Boss and Maneri have both outplayed him)

What is Belcher's job? He is essentially a one-trick poney TBH. His job is to take on blocks and defende the run. He is a sub-par coverage linebacker. Derrick Johnson is asked to handle several responsibilities and is very good in multiple roles within our defense.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Anywho

1. QB
2. HC

What is Belcher's job? He is essentially a one-trick poney TBH. His job is to take on blocks and defende the run. He is a sub-par coverage linebacker. Derrick Johnson is asked to handle several responsibilities and is very good in multiple roles within our defense.

But whoever we have at that spot is going to be the same. We're never going to keep two ILBs in on obvious passing downs, so we don't need a stellar coverage guy at that spot. He hasn't been a problem there this season anyway, and has been very good in run defense. He isn't a pressing issue based off of play this season.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: