Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suh trade mock. Doh!?!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Suh trade mock. Doh!?! Reply with quote

Trade:

Quote:
- Vikings traded 2012 fifth round pick (#138-Tahir Whitehead), 2012 seventh round pick (#223-Travis Lewis)

- Lions traded 2012 seventh round pick (#219-Trevor Guyton), 2013 fourth round pick (?-?) on 2012-04-28

- Lions trade WR Titus Young.

- Jets trade a 7th rdp.
( Jets have taken troubled receivers before and made them productive, Young looks to get a new start and Jets need some serious talent at WR outside of Holmes. )

- Lions trade DT Ndamukong Suh.

- Raiders trade the 3rd overall pick, 4th rdp, and a conditional 2nd-4th rdp in 2013.
( Condition will be on if Suh hits double digit sacks, and 40 plus tackles gets a 2nd rdp, just double digit sacks gets a 3rd rdp, if he reaches neither then Lions get Raiders 4th rdp. Raiders will be pleased to get a star player on the D-line where they lack any presence at all. Lions also get huge cap relief and Raiders invest money into a proven player who can consistently be a menaice to Manning/Rivers. )

Draft:

1st (Raiders) - Star Lotulelei, DT. Utah. ( 64, 325lbs. )
( Solid force up the middle that really controlls his blockers and is also a solid penetrating type DT for his size. Hes solid/above average all around on the inside an I think hell help continue the tradition of strong inside play from our D-line. )

1st - Manti TeO, LB. Notre Dame. ( 62, 250lbs. )
( TeO has the size, speed, instincts, and smarts to translate right away to the NFL, he might best be suited to play the inside but with Tulloch in the middle and signed, and with TeO able to play OLB and the best likely on the roster hell work at OLB early then look to translate later in his career. )

2nd Eric Reid, S. LSU. ( 62, 205lbs. )
( Reid is a solid safety prospect able to come up and play the run/tackle very well while also being pretty solid in cover in the open field. Hell definitely be a huge upgrade over what has been playing next to Delmas . )

3rd - Cobi Hamilton, WR. Arkansas. ( 63, 210lbs. )
( Big physical receiver who has some explosiveness in his game/running. Hes not a real burner down the field but can turn the corner and beat his man, he looks like a perfect compliment to Calvin catching balls in traffic and able to hang on. He had 90 receptions for 1,335 yards this year.)

4th (Raiders) - Graham Pocic, C. Illinois. ( 65, 305lbs. )
( Solid blocking C whos able to play physical up front. Might need a year to learn the offense and adjust to the NFL speed but through college hes been an above average C with above average run blocking skills. )

6th Tyrann Mathieu, DB. Former LSU. ( 59, 175lbs. )
( Risk is worth the reward at this point imo, Hell likely not get into a solid groove until mid-way through the season, being outta football so long, but by seasons end I think he has the potential to be a starter for this defense if hes able to keep his nose clean. )

7th - James Wilson, G. Florida. ( 63, 315lbs. )
( Hes done a solid job blocking but has also been inconsistent. Hell likely ride the pine awhile as a reserve until the staff gets an idea of his true potential starting. )

7th Theo Riddick, RB. Notre Dame. ( 511, 200lbs. )
( Riddick isnt much of a speedster and not much more potential in his game than what he is now. Hes a lot like Kevin Smith in many ways and should be able to fit in our offense if hes needed to be plugged in due to injury/late games, etc. )

Cuts: 10 million dollars saved.

- Lions cut WR Nate Burleson. Save 3 million.

- Lions cut DE Kyle Vanden Bosch. Save 3 million.

Signings:

- Lions resign DE Cliff Avril to a 3 year deal worth 30 million dollars, 15 million dollar signing bonus, 5 million dollar salary.

- Lions sign DE Michael Johnson to a 4 year contract worth 28 million dollars, 10 million dollar signing bonus, 4.5 million dollar salary.

- Lions resign CB Chris Houston to a 3 year contract worth 19.5 million dollars, 7.5 million dollar signing bonus, 4 million dollar salary.

- Lions resign S Louis Delmas to a 2 year contract worth 10 million dollars, 5 million dollar signing bonus, 2.5 million dollar salary.

- Lions resign LB DeAndre Levy to a 2 year contract worth 5.5 million dollars, 1.5 million dollar signing bonus, 2 million dollar salary.

- Lions resign DT Sammie-Lee Hill to a 2 year contract worth 3 million dollars, 700k dollar signing bonus, 1.15 million dollar salary.

- Lions resign DT Corey Williams to a 2 year contract worth 3 million dollars, 1.12 million dollar signing bonus, 940k dollar salary.

- Lions resign K Jason Hanson to a 2 year contract worth 2.5 million dollars, 620k dollar signing bonus, 940k dollar salary.

- Lions resign RB Joique Bell to a RFA tender worth 1.26 million.

- Lions resign DE Willie Young to a RFA tender worth 1.26 million.

- Lions resign LS Don Mulbach to a 1 year contract worth 840k.

- Lions resign TE Will Heller to a 1 year contract worth 840k.

- Lions resign OT Jason Fox to a 1 year contract worth 715k.

- Lions resign OT Corey Hilliard to a 1 year contract worth 715k.

- Lions resign DE Lawrence Jackson to a 1 year contract worth 715k.

- Lions resign S Ricardo Silva to a 1 year contract worth 550k.

- Lions resign WR Kris Durham to a 1 year contract worth 550k.

- Lions resign P Ryan Donahue to a 1 year contract worth 550k.

- Lions resign WR Patrick Edwards to a 1 year contract worth 480k.

Restructure/ Retired: Saves 3.5 million.

- Jahvid Best, RB. Retires.

- Shaun Hill, QB. Restructures a one year extension making his contract worth 3 million over two years, 500k dollar signing bonus, 1.25 million dollar salary per year. Saves 1 million dollars.

Roster:
OT: Riley Reiff, Corey Hilliard
OG: Stephen Peterman, Bill Nagy
C: Dominic Riaola, Graham Pocic
OG: Rob Sims, James Wilson
OT: Jeff Backus, John Fox
TE: Tony Schfeller, Bandon Pettigrew, Will Heller
WR: Calvin Johnson, Cobi Hamilton, Mike Thomas, Kris Durham, Patrick Edwards, Ryan Bryoles
RB: Mikeal Leshoure, Joique Bell, Theo Riddick
QB: Matt Stafford, Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore

DE: Michael Johnson, Ronnell Lewis
DT: Nick Fairley, Corey Williams
DT: Star Lotulelei, Sammie-Lee Hill
DE: Cliff Avril, Lawrence Jackson, Willie Young
OLB: DeAndre Levy, Tahir Whitehead
MLB: Stephen Tulloch, Travis Lewis
OLB: Manti TeO, Doug Houge
CB: Chris Houston, Jonte Green, Chris Greenwood
S: Eric Reid, Ricardo Silva
S: Louis Delmas, John Wendling
CB: Bill Bentley, Tyrann Mathieu

K: Jason Hanson
P: Nic Harris
LS: Don Muhlbach
KR/PR: Patrick Edwards

Last edited by Jrugges on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the trade (not that I think the value is off I just don't want us to trade Suh). I do love the draft though, my favorite I've seen so far.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't particularly like trading Suh, buth the value and drafting of Star makes it decent.

Would prefer a CB instead of Teo.

Don't want Honey Badger on the team at all.

Overall a solid job.

I like the Riddick pick, but dont see the Kevin Smith comparison at all.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the Raiders trade for a guy making $17 million when they can have a younger, just as good, draft pick for 1/4 of the price? Shocked
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Suh gives the Lions a near neutral cap affect. With the option bonus and restructure bonuses that have been paid to Suh, but have yet to hit the Lions cap they save $17M against the cap, but have bonus payments are $16.5-17M accelerated onto the cap immediately.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
Why would the Raiders trade for a guy making $17 million when they can have a younger, just as good, draft pick for 1/4 of the price? Shocked

Just as good? What?
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Trading Suh gives the Lions a near neutral cap affect. With the option bonus and restructure bonuses that have been paid to Suh, but have yet to hit the Lions cap they save $17M against the cap, but have bonus payments are $16.5-17M accelerated onto the cap immediately.

This I did not know, and is that the way the CBA is just written up when trading players, that all bonus/garuanteed cash gets accelerated to the year of the trade?

If thats the case then it really defeats the purpose of what this mock was suppose to do, which was, look at the real idea of moving one of our big three (Stafford/Johnson/Suh) for cap room. The first two pretty much totally untouchable and Suh imo, could be had for a "fair" price which I thought I gave the Lions. Freeing the money aloud Lions in this case to retain most of what they had through free agency, and also bring in a marquee type talent in Johnson. There could be many more different looking outs comes but the idea is what I wanted to pass along more than me really wanting to trade Ndamukong Suh.
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:

Just as good? What?

There's 3 guys that could be excellent DT's in this draft. Suh is not dominant. Drinking the kool-aid much? Wink
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:

Just as good? What?

There's 3 guys that could be excellent DT's in this draft. Suh is not dominant. Drinking the kool-aid much? Wink

Those three guys haven't even played in the NFL, being a downer much? Tell me 10 DT's that you can confidently tell me playing right now are head and shoulders above Ndamukong Suh... Saying a rookie will come in and be a top 10 DT is saying quite a bit. I think Star will be good but cracking the top 10 of players playing at the position is something else.
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jrugges"]
usedaschwartz wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:

Just as good? What?

Those three guys haven't even played in the NFL, being a downer much? Tell me 10 DT's that you can confidently tell me playing right now are head and shoulders above Ndamukong Suh... Saying a rookie will come in and be a top 10 DT is saying quite a bit. I think Star will be good but cracking the top 10 of players playing at the position is something else.

I'd take a rookie that costs $4 million, that has potential to be great, over an over-rated player that costs $17 million. Suh has only picked up his game because Fairley has been next to him for the last half dozen games. Rolling Eyes
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="usedaschwartz"]
Jrugges wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
usedaschwartz wrote:

Just as good? What?

I'd take a rookie that costs $4 million, that has potential to be great, over an over-rated player that costs $17 million. Suh has only picked up his game because Fairley has been next to him for the last half dozen games. Rolling Eyes

No. You are mistaken. Fairleys game has picked up because of Suh. Fairley isnt the one taking double teams. Its Suh and I wouldnt be surprised if Suh leads all DTs in QB pressures this season.
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
khodder wrote:

This I did not know, and is that the way the CBA is just written up when trading players, that all bonus/garuanteed cash gets accelerated to the year of the trade?

If thats the case then it really defeats the purpose of what this mock was suppose to do, which was, look at the real idea of moving one of our big three (Stafford/Johnson/Suh) for cap room. The first two pretty much totally untouchable and Suh imo, could be had for a "fair" price which I thought I gave the Lions. Freeing the money aloud Lions in this case to retain most of what they had through free agency, and also bring in a marquee type talent in Johnson. There could be many more different looking outs comes but the idea is what I wanted to pass along more than me really wanting to trade Ndamukong Suh.

you beat me too a suh trade mock Evil or Very Mad ive been toying with one for a few days now, maybe finish it tomorrow, you even "stole" my big free agents splash

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:

I am sure it did not change in this CBA and it was a part of the old CBA.

You have paid the bonus to the player, Suh has the money, but you are able to pro-rate that bonus across the life of the contract (Or 5-6 years Max, not 100% sure) however if you trade or cut that player you have to have that bonus money hit your cap at some stage because you have already paid that money out.

It generally all accelerates onto the current league seasons cap.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

You have paid the bonus to the player, Suh has the money, but you are able to pro-rate that bonus across the life of the contract (Or 5-6 years Max, not 100% sure) however if you trade or cut that player you have to have that bonus money hit your cap at some stage because you have already paid that money out.

It's called dead cap and that's been around as long as I can remember.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Jrugges wrote:

Yeah I understand how the money works, I just thought the cap hits would still be pro-rated and not all move into the following season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: