Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Pats offense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:
They have the best offense in the league no question about it.

That's getting carried away. They're in the converation, but it is a conversation. One that definitely includes the Giants and I(alone I'm sure) would say the Texans too.

I've thought the Patriots offense has been overrated for the last 5 or 6 years. But they look pretty legit so far. Still think the interior O Line could be a problem down the road.

I'm wondering how an offense that AVERAGES being ranked 3rd in points and 3rd in yardage over the past six seasons could be considered "overrated" ?? Confused Confused

Give it up. Your agenda is so blatantly obvious Laughing Laughing

By being completely one dimensional and/or lacking the ability to move the ball down the field in large chunks. It's easy to just rack up points and yards in the regular season dinking and dunking against crappy teams. We've seen it get exposed time after time in the post season.

And I'm interested to hear what my agenda is. What is the sense in trying to discredit the past seasons Patriots who would go on to accomplish nothing while calling this years Patriots, or at least their offense, legit? Makes no sense.

Now I could be wrong here....but I could have sworn that the Pats have been to 2 SBs in the past 5 years.

If thats getting exposed....then I bet all the other teams in the league wanna get exposed as well.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
lacking the ability to move the ball down the field in large chunks.
Ok, just so this gets put to rest:

Pats were #1 in the league in pass plays of 20+ yards in 2011 [72]

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
teamorange wrote:

mcmurtry86 wrote:

I'm not convinced it will be much better at all with Hernandez.

What? That has to be one of the dumbest things I have seen from a Pats fan. Aaron makes Gronk a matchup nightmare

The offense running the ball and funneling the passing game through Welker has been deadly the last 2+ weeks.

I don't see how adding Hernandez makes the offense significantly more dangerous. All it does it take some touches away from Welker and the RBs.

Will it help? Sure. Will it make them a bit more versatile? Sure. But the big "flaw" (if you want to call it that) with the Pats offense right now is their OL . Adding Hernandez isn't going to make a big difference in that regard.

So having a receiver that can play every position (RB, WR, TE) isn't going to help Brady in games where the O line is getting beat?

How is having yet another tool that you can set screens with, make quick passes right after snap to, and also block and help with pass protection, NOT going to help the O line problems???

Come onnnn, maaaaannn...

In 2010 the Patriots offense ran a lot better once Randy Moss was removed from the team.

The best collection of talent doesn't always lead to the best performing unit.

I'm not saying he can't help. But he's not going to make the offense "much better". He might make it a little better, or a little more consistent, but I don't see him transcending an already great offense to a super-awesome-best-ever unit.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:

That's getting carried away. They're in the converation, but it is a conversation. One that definitely includes the Giants and I(alone I'm sure) would say the Texans too.

I've thought the Patriots offense has been overrated for the last 5 or 6 years. But they look pretty legit so far. Still think the interior O Line could be a problem down the road.

I'm wondering how an offense that AVERAGES being ranked 3rd in points and 3rd in yardage over the past six seasons could be considered "overrated" ?? Confused Confused

By being completely one dimensional and/or lacking the ability to move the ball down the field in large chunks. It's easy to just rack up points and yards in the regular season dinking and dunking against crappy teams. We've seen it get exposed time after time in the post season.

And I'm interested to hear what my agenda is. What is the sense in trying to discredit the past seasons Patriots who would go on to accomplish nothing while calling this years Patriots, or at least their offense, legit? Makes no sense.

Now I could be wrong here....but I could have sworn that the Pats have been to 2 SBs in the past 5 years.

If thats getting exposed....then I bet all the other teams in the league wanna get exposed as well.

Catch42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Really I didn't know that. To be honest I honestly wasn't too worried after Bradshaw scored because I thought the Patriots were a dink and dunk team and they just didn't have the horses to get down the field. I guess I was very wrong in that assumption.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:

Yes I know - but that's clearly how he was being used in the first couple of weeks and less so recently.

To me, this is a good thing. It wasn't really working and the Pats offense runs best when it works the short-intermediate routes. The less downfield aggression from McDaniels, the better.

Yeah, no need for shock plays when we're running the ball so well.
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:

So the Ravens defense is "overrated" ?? They've been exposed in the postseason and have accomplished NOTHING too.....

FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Fact Smack...Boom

Seriously though, we'll hear the ol' "Brady threw a 5 yard pass and Welker did all the work by running for 15" discredit. "He never throws the ball deep, he dinks and dunks....he's overrated". Most people don't realize how explosive this offense has been and still is.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:

So the Ravens defense is "overrated" ?? They've been exposed in the postseason and have accomplished NOTHING too.....

Not relevant. When the thread is about the Ravens defense and you post in it I'll answer that.

Now what is my agenda?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Fact Smack...Boom

Seriously though, we'll hear the ol' "Brady threw a 5 yard pass and Welker did all the work by running for 15" discredit. "He never throws the ball deep, he dinks and dunks....he's overrated". Most people don't realize how explosive this offense has been and still is.
This is where you have to separate Brady as an individual from the Pats' offense as a unit. Having guys like Gronk, Hernandez and Welker, who can get you those extra yards, was what made them explosive last year.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Not relevant. When the thread is about the Ravens defense and you post in it I'll answer that.

Now what is my agenda?

Of course it isn't relevant. You've proven in the past that you hold the Patriots to impossible standards. The point of bringing the Ravens up, once again, is to prove that your method of judgement is insanely biased. Either that or you simply despise the Patriots and can't stomach admitting they're any good at anything....and that's where the agenda lies Laughing

Just so we're clear, I never take anything you say about the Patriots seriously....I just enjoy pointing out your "agenda".

FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Fact Smack...Boom

This is where you have to separate Brady as an individual from the Pats' offense as a unit. Having guys like Gronk, Hernandez and Welker, who can get you those extra yards, was what made them explosive last year.

Of course we do, but many others who simply dig and dig for reasons to discredit the Patriots refuse to do that.

Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
game3525 wrote:

Now what is my agenda?

to take any success the patriots have and try to minimize it with baseless statements and false insults that have been used waaaaaay to many times.

bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DTMB, but I've got to side with them this time around. You have a penchant for discrediting Brady. There was one thread where you even went on to type that he wasn't a top 5 QB.

I hate NE as much as the next guy, but this "it's all the system bros lulz" garbage needs to stop.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Of course it isn't relevant. You've proven in the past that you hold the Patriots to impossible standards. The point of bringing the Ravens up, once again, is to prove that your method of judgement is insanely biased. Either that or you simply despise the Patriots and can't stomach admitting they're any good at anything....and that's where the agenda lies Laughing

Just so we're clear, I never take anything you say about the Patriots seriously....I just enjoy pointing out your "agenda".

Laughing The whole point of my post in this thread was saying they were really good at something?

bmore4life815 wrote:
Sorry DTMB, but I've got to side with them this time around. You have a penchant for discrediting Brady. There was one thread where you even went on to type that he wasn't a top 5 QB.

I hate NE as much as the next guy, but this "it's all the system bros lulz" garbage needs to stop.

Brady? What does he have to do with anything? I can't even remember the last time I made a QB ranking or even said anything about Brady.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: