Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Houston vs Ryan Kerrigan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which is better?
Justin Houston
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
Ryan Kerrigan
62%
 62%  [ 28 ]
Too Early to tell
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Justin Houston vs Ryan Kerrigan Reply with quote

Houston has been pretty good this year but I wanted to see what everyone else thought about him. So I'm comparing him to guys playing the same position chosen in the same draft albeit two rounds earlier.

Tkls: 18
Sacks: 6(1 is also a safety)
PDef: 2
INT: 0

Tkls: 17
Sacks: 3.5
Pdef: 4
INT: 1

What you guys think?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrigan isn't surrounded by top ten talent everywhere.

But seriously, this is really close. I'm not sure if Kerrigan is being keyed in on more with Orakpo out now, but both are really good. I'll give a s;ight nod to Houston.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerrigan for me.. Really love his all around game..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Kerrigan for me.. Really love his all around game..

Houston has a great all around game too.

Like glue in coverage and is fantastic against the run.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of both.

I'd go with Kerrigan, but Houston is a straight-up beast. Really impressed me today.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Kerrigan isn't surrounded by top ten talent everywhere.

But seriously, this is really close. I'm not sure if Kerrigan is being keyed in on more with Orakpo out now, but both are really good. I'll give a s;ight nod to Houston.

C'mon man, Chiefer isn't like the others.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with "too early to tell" because you allowed me that cop out Laughing

I'd go with Houston, slightly, but both are going to be very good. Well, are very good, for that matter.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with either, but I've been a Kerrigan guy since I looked at prospects for his draft class. Like em both, but I'd probably go with Kerrigan given a choice.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not downplay the difference between Romeo Crennel and Jim Haslett, nor the impact of Tamba Hali opposite him. Kerrigan has taken his game to the next level this season.

It is an interesting comparison because it was something I questioned at the time as to whether the Redskins would have been better off selecting Watt and going after a mid-round OLB prospect like Houston.

Kerrigan has been nothing short of stellar for the Redskins, and I would say he is the most valuable player on defense.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also....Kerrigan HAS NOT MISSED ANY defensive snaps since being drafted,the only player on our D to accomplish that. Hes a beast,him and Rak were both in the top 20 last season with putting pressure on QBs,hes athletic as hell. His 2 career ints are from his own deflection s and both for tds. He'd probably have more sacks if,he wasn't in coverage so much. Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, you can't go wrong with either and it's moreso about preference. I'd prefer Kerrigan. He has such a great motor.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Let's not downplay the difference between Romeo Crennel and Jim Haslett, nor the impact of Tamba Hali opposite him. Kerrigan has taken his game to the next level this season.

It is an interesting comparison because it was something I questioned at the time as to whether the Redskins would have been better off selecting Watt and going after a mid-round OLB prospect like Houston.

Kerrigan has been nothing short of stellar for the Redskins, and I would say he is the most valuable player on defense.

Justin Houston had two sacks in the first game without Hali. Hali also wasn't great against the Bills in the 2nd game.

Crennel has been a bad coach this year honestly.

Houston should have went first round that year, and honestly is the Chiefs Defensive MVP as well.

Its a real close race to me which is why I made the comparison. They're both so good.
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

Justin Houston had two sacks in the first game without Hali. Hali also wasn't great against the Bills in the 2nd game.

Crennel has been a bad coach this year honestly.

Houston should have went first round that year, and honestly is the Chiefs Defensive MVP as well.

Its a real close race to me which is why I made the comparison. They're both so good.

No doubt a good comparison, I was just pointing out factors that have to be considered. Three quarters through the season, I would love to re-visit this thread.

Crennel is still a positive impact for the defense, evidently. While I do not discount that Houston should have been selected higher, it seems quite clear to me that Hali is a substantial positive impact and influences Houston's success. How can he not?

Losing Orakpo changed the way the defense had to play - it is taking time to adjust, and it will continue to be a process. Kerrigan is the only pass rush threat at this point, and it's clear that teams are taking notice and adjusting their pass protections based off his position. Now, in time it is my hope that Haslett can capitalize on that....but he's not exactly an inspiring defensive coordinator.
Wislakrak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect what Houston has been doing even as the 2nd pass rusher behind Hali, but Kerrigan has been the lead pass rusher on his team without Orakpo since Week 2. His sacks aren't too much lower considering he is the only viable pass rusher on that team, and he is much better in coverage as he constantly gets his hands up. Houston is a better pure pass rusher, but Kerrigan diversifies his talent better
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Houston coming outta college. Haven't been able to keep up with him in the pros. Glad to see he's doing so well because I thought he had a real chance to be special and thought that he could've surprised and snuck into the late first round. Kerrigan has really been amazing and really stepped up with Rak out for the season. It seems like both players are going to be really good to great for many years to come.

mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: