Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Two hours later, I want to reiterate: We CANNOT overlook the Redskins!

The Skins' 2-3 record may not look impressive, but they have been in every game, and have played some good teams. That was an impressive performance versus the undefeated Falcons on Sunday.

Teams that went 3-13 the previous season probably shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

Why would anyone look over any other team, especially when they are going on the road? However, for all the competitiveness that the Redskins have shown, they are able to be lit up defensively.

I fully expect this game to be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Vikings lose, but I see no reason why they can't win either. They are just as good as the Redskins, and their QB has a full year on RGIII.

Based upon the teams they've played, the Redskins haven't played a defense as good as the Vikings yet. The Rams and Falcons have good pass defenses, but get lit up against the rush. The Bucs were the closest to a good all-around defense that they've faced...but the Vikings' defense has been better.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this game pegged as a loss for the Vikes just two weeks ago in my quarterly assessment, but I have come around. I think the Vikes can win this game, they should win this game, but I guess I wouldnt be surprised to see them flat on the road. Nothing about the Redskins defense worries me, I think this is a game where the Vikes can get some things going offensively.

The Redskins have a dangerous offense though and a great run game, so the defense will need to come to play. Need Harrison Smith and everyone else on defense healthy.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In related news, the Vikings are on their longest winning streak since 2009.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we don't seem to have any connection with the 'Skins, do we? as in, coaches that worked there previously.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
we don't seem to have any connection with the 'Skins, do we? as in, coaches that worked there previously.

Cedric Griffin and Madieu Williams both start for Washington.

No coaches that I can think of.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Only 1. Their OL coach was the assistant OL coach for the Vikings under Denny, from 93-95. He followed Dungy to Tampa Bay in '96 and then Indy in 2002. He never worked with Frazier, however.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hit flipped Griffin clear over, from an attempted slide on his rear end to a face-down sprawl on the grass near the sideline. It rattled his helmet, bloodied his chin, clouded his mind. When the Washington Redskins’ medical staff sat him down and asked him standard concussion-test questions, Griffin couldn’t tell them what the score was or what quarter it was.

The incident left Griffin with a “mild” concussion, according to Coach Mike Shanahan — although many in the medical community reject the notion of any concussion being “mild.”

According to a team spokesman, Griffin was sent home to rest and will not undergo any further tests until Monday. Per NFL rules, he would need to be declared free of concussion symptoms by an independent neurologist before resuming practice or speaking to the media.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-vs-falcons-robert-griffin-iii-suffers-concussion-in-loss/2012/10/07/748203da-10c8-11e2-9a39-1f5a7f6fe945_story.html

Webmaster wrote:
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The hit flipped Griffin clear over, from an attempted slide on his rear end to a face-down sprawl on the grass near the sideline. It rattled his helmet, bloodied his chin, clouded his mind. When the Washington Redskins’ medical staff sat him down and asked him standard concussion-test questions, Griffin couldn’t tell them what the score was or what quarter it was.

The incident left Griffin with a “mild” concussion, according to Coach Mike Shanahan — although many in the medical community reject the notion of any concussion being “mild.”

Mild Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last thing I thought when I saw that hit was, "mild"
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have a vid?

Webmaster wrote:
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
anyone have a vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgK12g8to7U

In all honesty it could have been worse. I actually think Babineaux's shoulder saved RG III's head from hitting the ground.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck this weekend guys. Whatever happens, you guys are classy fans and have a team with a bright, bright future. Here's to a well played, injury-free game!

mike23md on the sig!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Two hours later, I want to reiterate: We CANNOT overlook the Redskins!

The Skins' 2-3 record may not look impressive, but they have been in every game, and have played some good teams. That was an impressive performance versus the undefeated Falcons on Sunday.

Teams that went 3-13 the previous season probably shouldn't be overlooking anyone.

Last year is irrelevant anymore.

The Redskins do have a strong core of players, just like the Vikings. Sometimes its just being on the right end of a few plays. The Vikings did that, the Redskins mostly haven't.

I'm pretty confident at this point Robert Griffin will play. He's a threat, but something tells me he won't be running that much. Remember, he just had a concussion. Will his coach sit him down and tell him about being careful with the ball when running, or will they continue to unleash him. Concussions are very serious, and I don't think they are just something that just go away. RG3 will need to play smart football this week, and perhaps he won't be doing as much running. Still, he's an effective all around QB.

And the Redskins defense isn't all that bad either. I think they'll shut down Peterson for the most part, so we'll need to attack them through the air. That means I expect Percy Harvin, Kyle Rudolph and hopefully Jerome Simpson to have big games this week. Be effective, be aggressive, but still play smart football.

I won't overlook them, but at the same time, no team should be overlooked. Lets win this one this week, and take a 1 game lead in the division fellas. Lets Go Vikings!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Last year is irrelevant anymore.

Cool
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

wow.... really? This puts a smile on my face. Any idea how they are playing. Can't believe either one of them found a starting job in this league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 3 of 60

Jump to: