Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: VIKINGS (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
we don't seem to have any connection with the 'Skins, do we? as in, coaches that worked there previously.

Cedric Griffin and Madieu Williams both start for Washington.

No coaches that I can think of.
wow.... really? This puts a smile on my face. Any idea how they are playing. Can't believe either one of them found a starting job in this league.

Actually Griffin doesnt, just realized. But he does play a lot it seems. I think he must be in passing packages. So i guess he would be a part time starter.

Madieu Williams does start though. Williams has 30 tackles for a Safety, that is a heck of a lot. 4 deflections and 0 ints. Maybe the Cover 2 just wasnt right for his skill set.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dc.sbnation.com/2012/10/7/3468602/redskins-vs-falcons-inactives-nfl-week-5

Quote:
The biggest name on the inactives list for the Redskins is safety Cedric Griffin, who is expected to miss his second straight game due to a hamstring injury.

The official ruling on Griffin makes the Redskins very thin in the secondary, as another safety, Brandon Meriweather, is also on the inactive list. This may not bode well for a defense that's going against a hot quarterback in Matt Ryan.

Griffin might not even be able to go. Interesting that he is playing Safety.
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I fully expect RGIII to play...and I'm glad. I wouldn't want any excuses to be made about why the Vikings won when they do.

For all of RGIII's mobility, I'm not significantly concerned. If the Vikings have a weakness against running QBs, it's up the middle, so if they can stretch him outside or keep him in the pocket, I think they'll be okay. Granted though, I haven't watched enough of Redskins' play to know what his tendencies are (maybe one of our Virginia fans can let us know).This Alfred Morris guy has certainly been effective this year, but that's typical for a Shanahan RB (at least in his Broncos' years). The Vikings are pretty good against the run though (#4 in the NFL according to footballoutsiders.com), so I think they can contain him.

For all the loading up the Redskins did at the WR position, it's the TE that's been the leader, The WRs have had little impact.

Defensively, the Redskins are middle of the pack overall, but pretty poor against the pass (31st against the pass according to NFL.com, but not much better according to footballoutsiders.com, at #27).

Fortunately, the Vikings will have the chance to light up 2 of their former secondary players, Madieu Williams and Cedric Griffin, just like everyone else did when they were in their secondary.

Thought I saw the VA signal last night!!

From what I've seen, Griffin lives up to the hype. Other than not getting out of bounds and taking unnecessary hits, he doesn't make many rookie mistakes. He is probably the most cerebral rookie qb since Payton Manning. He is going to have a long and fruitful career.

That being said, I think pressure coming up the middle is going to be important. The Redskins line is adequate, but far from stellar in pass protection.

Williams and Griffin have been playing much better for DC than they did for Minnesota. If you go back to the first game against New Orleans...RGIII gets all the press...but the secondary play was a huge part of that victory. They aren't as bad as advertised. However, they do miss the activity of Orakpo up front.

I'm just glad that this is a game I get to see!!!
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this morning as well that Emmanuel Arceneaux is also on the Redskins (however, it's just the practice squad).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First game of the year not playing in a dome. Hope we are up for the challenge!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
milanb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time the Vikings played a QB with this kind of speed was when they faced Michael Vick in 2010. Frazier sent Winfield on the corner blitz all evening and Vick had all kinds of trouble dealing with it. This time, Josh Robinson may be the only guy on the Vikings defence who can run with RGIII.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how they play on the road.

1st road game week 2 vs Indianapolis they didn't even score a TD until about 8 minutes in thr 4th.

2nd road games week 4 vs Detroit they didn't score one TD on offense.

Hopefully on Sunday the offense will play better than they have been playing on the road.

PS I also hope RGIII plays this week too.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
The last time the Vikings played a QB with this kind of speed was when they faced Michael Vick in 2010. Frazier sent Winfield on the corner blitz all evening and Vick had all kinds of trouble dealing with it. This time, Josh Robinson may be the only guy on the Vikings defence who can run with RGIII.

The Vikes did play Carolina and Cam Newton last year, led the team in rushing yards with 53 on 8 carries which included a 24 yard scramble.

RGIII has been active on the ground this year but you have to imagine they will at least be cautious with designed runs after the pop he took this week if he plays.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:

I would like to see Everson Griffen spy RGIII a lot this game. Griffen has a lot of size and explosive running ability, he would be a good guy to have shadow him.

I do agree, MN should try a few CB blitzes as well, to mess things up a bit.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII had a concussion at Baylor too, i learn.

ruh roh for him....

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this turns out to be a grind it out, low scoring game, it could come down to a kick. WASH fans are very unhappy with their kicker, Billy Cundiff, and are even asking he be replaced this week. he missed two 31 yarders in two consecutive games.

i like our chances.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
skywindO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Frazier is 2-0 against the Redskins in Washington.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the new ESPN power rankings, MIN is ranked #8. CHI is #6, GB is #12 and DET is #20. WAS is #21.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2012/week/6
joru1000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
in the new ESPN power rankings, MIN is ranked #8. CHI is #6, GB is #12 and DET is #20. WAS is #21.

They also called us the most overrated team on a video I just watched. One 'expert' has us ranked as the 14th best team in the league. He has the 2-3 Packers as like the 8th best.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
[UMN] wrote:

They also called us the most overrated team on a video I just watched. One 'expert' has us ranked as the 14th best team in the league. He has the 2-3 Packers as like the 8th best.

Honestly, middle of the road is where we belong right now. I know you can't beat teams you don't play, but the Titans and Jags are in the hunt for #1 overall at the moment. We have 2 quality wins against the Lions and 49ers, but we have yet to prove we aren't a fluke.

Ranking this team #8, like ESPN does, is getting way ahead of yourselves at this point. Remeber the Bucs team a few years ago that beat up on a weak schedule, then fell down back to earth the next year.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 4 of 60

Jump to: