Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs New York Giants - Redemption
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Got It Better Than Us?
Nooooobody!!!
66%
 66%  [ 28 ]
New York Giants :(
33%
 33%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 42

Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Anyone else worried about Alex's finger? I keep seeing conflicting reports. Some say it's his throwing hand, some say it's his non-throwing hand.

Let's go with the assumption it's his throwing hand....it just HAD to be right before the Giants game.

Thoughts? Will it impact his throwing? Will we see more Kap?

Right, is it the throwing hand or non-throwing hand? Hopefully it doesn't affect him too much and we get something going through the air.
Wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to have Smith wear a splint on both fingers to keep the G-Men, press and us all guessing till Sunday Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Anyone else worried about Alex's finger? I keep seeing conflicting reports. Some say it's his throwing hand, some say it's his non-throwing hand.

Let's go with the assumption it's his throwing hand....it just HAD to be right before the Giants game.

Right, is it the throwing hand or non-throwing hand? Hopefully it doesn't affect him too much and we get something going through the air.
Wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to have Smith wear a splint on both fingers to keep the G-Men, press and us all guessing till Sunday Laughing

He'll do his interviews in a cast. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Full body?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Full body?

Just the long arm one, you have to sell it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or has Ginn disappointed so fa? Only 7 offensive yards in 2 games, punt return average is down too, as are offensive snaps in general. I know he's coming off an injury but i don't know if its going to affect him all year, or if he's just rusty. Most returners don't have great shelf lives either, so who knows if he's already regressing or not...either way i'd like AJ Jenkins to see some playing time in Ginn's absence and try to get some extra production. I would say Moss too but he opens things up as a deep threat.

Also interested to see the Kaep package again. I have a feeling we'll do a fly sweep, have the defense commit, and then throw over the top for a big gainer. I can just tell that play is coming soon.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
I don't like the media attention. They suck anyways and are a bunch of idiots. I would rather be below the radar. I would rather be the 9ers, who get little attention when they win and not that much when they lose, than a team like the Jets or the Cowboys who get a ton of attention and way more when they lose. Forget that nonsense. That stuff sucks.

Either way I don't watch espn or any crappy network like that anymore.

It's been working for us all these years. Look at the Packers, Jets, and Cowboys this year Laughing

Back on track, I'm really excited for this week. I've come to respect this 49ers team and fanbase a great deal. You've gotta expect a good game when these two teams match up. I REALLY hope Nicks is playing, I don't think we can beat you guys without him. Our pass rush also needs to get going, Tuck and Osi have been ghosts this year. When it comes down to it though I think this one is gonna be close and hard fought to the very end.

I wish you guys bad luck and no injuries on either side. This is turning into a nice little NFC rivalry. I hope it continues, not that I ever want to play you guys Laughing
(Btw, I haven't really been keeping up with how Mario Manningham is playing for you guys, but I hope he's doing well. I've always liked him as a player and he's definitely a guy I want to see succeed for a team I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed for)

Last edited by streetlight3989 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this forum because all the classy Giants fans post here. It's been nothing but barbs thrown my way outside of this board.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetlight3989 wrote:
It's been working for us all these years. Look at the Packers, Jets, and Cowboys this year Laughing

Back on track, I'm really excited for this week. I've come to respect this 49ers team and fanbase a great deal. You've gotta expect a good game when these two teams match up. I REALLY hope Nicks is playing, I don't think we can beat you guys without him. Our pass rush also needs to get going, Tuck and Osi have been ghosts this year. When it comes down to it though I think this one is gonna be close and hard fought to the very end.

I wish you guys bad luck and no injuries on either side. This is turning into a nice little NFC rivalry. I hope it continues, not that I ever want to play you guys Laughing
(Btw, I haven't really been keeping up with how Mario Manningham is playing for you guys, but I hope he's doing well. I've always liked him as a player and he's definitely a guy I want to see succeed for a team I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed for)

That's not so nice Crying or Very sad .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers Michael Crabtree's totals in past 16 games: 88 catches, 1,053 yards, 5 TDs. http://bit.ly/UIgzAB

In the offense we run and have run, those are not bad numbers at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
#49ers Michael Crabtree's totals in past 16 games: 88 catches, 1,053 yards, 5 TDs. http://bit.ly/UIgzAB

In the offense we run and have run, those are not bad numbers at all.

Comparing that to the 2011 regular season, that would put him:

At 4th in receptions behind Wes Walker, Roddie White, and Calvin Johnson.

At 16th in total yards.

Top 30 in the league in touchdowns.

Definitely not bad numbers, considering our offense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Only for next week Wink

After that I wish you guys the best of luck. I like and respect this team and if the Giants can't win it all this year I wouldn't be upset to see the Niners do it,
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetlight3989 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Only for next week Wink

After that I wish you guys the best of luck. I like and respect this team and if the Giants can't win it all this year I wouldn't be upset to see the Niners do it,

I'll be rooting for the NFC, regardless of who's playing in it. Even if it's the **gasp** Cardinals.

Good luck on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the opposite to you.

But seriously, good luck on Sunday. Here's to a clean and injury free game.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
streetlight3989 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Only for next week Wink

I'll be rooting for the NFC, regardless of who's playing in it. Even if it's the **gasp** Cardinals.

Good luck on Sunday.
I am the same way. I rooted for the Cards to beat the steelers like they were my own team when they made the SB with Warner. Of course Warner is one of my favorite non-49er players ever... Still though, I actually do have a lot of respect for the Giants, even though I am predisposed to disliking teams from NY. We, the Giants, and the Falcons (a couple others could work their way into this conversation as well as the year goes on) look to be the class of the NFC this year, so it will be a great game this week for sure.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, from the three NFC West teams, I've always liked the Cardinals the best. I do root for them if they make the playoffs and wanted them to win the Super Bowl.

The thing with Crabtree is, we don't go out of our ways to get him involved if that makes sense. He's not elite but other teams try to get their #1 WR some easy looks early on and that's what gets them going. When Crabtree is involved from the start, he has good games and our offense does well. Just get the ball in his hands PLEASE. That 41 yard reception that was called back was very impressive making a few defenders miss.

I love what Manningham is bringing and Alex has been just a little off on the deep ball when throwing to him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 4 of 55

Jump to: