Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which team has the best defense in the NFL?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NFL's Best Defense?
Seattle Seahawks
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Houston Texans
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
San Francisco 49ers
61%
 61%  [ 52 ]
Other
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 85

Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Quick question for Texans Fans. Is Darryl Sharpton on I.R.? or is he somehow worse than Bradie James or the coaches would just rather play a vet?

PUP. Bradie James and Tim Dobbins are probably going to be the guys going forward with Mister Alexander and Daryl Sharpton possibly getting time (Once Sharpton comes off of PUP). The problem with Sharpton is he hasn't played football in a long long time.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosstafarian wrote:
The problem with Sharpton is he hasn't played football in a long long time.

Agreed, guy just can't stay healthy. First it was the quad, then the hip - these are injuries that have the risk of compouding upon one another, only making the whole package worse.

I really don't hold much hope to see Sharpton make a big impact. This year, or next year. The injuries he has are pretty significant.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
The lack of respect for the Bears D disturbs me.

Why? The Bears aren't the best qdefense in the NFL, and that its what this thread is about.
Please explain how anybody is better, I can immediately shoot down your argument w/ little effort.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Poster4613

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Why? The Bears aren't the best qdefense in the NFL, and that its what this thread is about.
Please explain how anybody is better, I can immediately shoot down your argument w/ little effort.

The 49ers allow .6 less points per game and the Seahawks allow .2 less points per game. The Seahawks allow 32.6 less yards every game and the 49ers allow 28.6 yards per game.

I think it's incredibly close between the 49ers, Seahawks, Texans, and Bears and while I don't feel any team has done enough to establish itself as the best defense at this point. I think it's obvious the Seahawks don't belong in the conversation because I hate them, but I think in a few weeks we will have a more definitive number 1 (unless it's the Seahawks because I hate them).
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poster4613 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

The 49ers allow .6 less points per game and the Seahawks allow .2 less points per game. The Seahawks allow 32.6 less yards every game and the 49ers allow 28.6 yards per game.

I think it's incredibly close between the 49ers, Seahawks, Texans, and Bears and while I don't feel any team has done enough to establish itself as the best defense at this point. I think it's obvious the Seahawks don't belong in the conversation because I hate them, but I think in a few weeks we will have a more definitive number 1 (unless it's the Seahawks because I hate them).
The Bears and 49ers are both listed as having allowed 6 total TDs, however 1 of the Bears "receiving TDs against" is actually a fake FG by the Packers. So in reality that accounts for the 3 pt difference in points scored. Even if you want to disregard that, there is no way you can w/ a straight face argue that those 3 points over 5 games is better than the 9 add'l sacks, 9 add'l TOs, the 5 more TDs scored, a better 3rd down %, and a QBR of 16 fewer points.

Next....

baysik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

The Bears and 49ers are both listed as having allowed 6 total TDs, however 1 of the Bears "receiving TDs against" is actually a fake FG by the Packers. So in reality that accounts for the 3 pt difference in points scored. Even if you want to disregard that, there is no way you can w/ a straight face argue that those 3 points over 5 games is better than the 9 add'l sacks, 9 add'l TOs, the 5 more TDs scored, a better 3rd down %, and a QBR of 16 fewer points.

Next....

the 49ers 'gave up' a kickoff runback td to green bay with a clear block in the back.

road goes both ways, see?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baysik wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Next....

the 49ers 'gave up' a kickoff runback td to green bay with a clear block in the back.

But that kickoff runback doesn't count against the defense, that's already logged as a ST TD. The fake FG is logged as an offensive TD (TD Reception) even though neither the offense nor the defense was on the field.

baysik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
baysik wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Next....

But that kickoff runback doesn't count against the defense, that's already logged as a ST TD. The fake FG is logged as an offensive TD (TD Reception) even though neither the offense nor the defense was on the field.

oo theres something i didnt know. cool. well i guess the only other one i have to offer is a completely out of character foible by our own frank gore that game MIN a grossly short field in our only loss.

but to your point, i am very much aware of how good the bears have been on D these past few weeks
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baysik wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
baysik wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Poster4613 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
o_0 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Next....

oo theres something i didnt know. cool. well i guess the only other one i have to offer is a completely out of character foible by our own frank gore that game MIN a grossly short field in our only loss.

but to your point, i am very much aware of how good the bears have been on D these past few weeks
And to your point I have no problem w/ anyone saying the 49ers are the best Defense, I have a huge problem w/ people acting like the Bears aren't in the conversation. How on earth can you lead 3 major defensive statistics, be top 5 in all others and not be considered elite? That makes no sense.

streetlight3989

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give my vote to the Niners.

The Cardinals, Texans, Seahawks, Bears, and Eagles are in the conversation though. After that I see a pretty big drop off.
finsyanksmancs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins do NOT have the best defense and shouldn't be in the conversation for best, however; they do belong in the very good category some people have been making. Best run D in the league right now has to get them in that category.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: