Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Browns go 0-7; I Think Shurmur is Fired Immediately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I think you are right.

I agree that if it happens Brad will be the coach for the rest of the season.

I also think we will make Gruden a huge offer. I also get the feeling from him that he wants to coach again.

I know he recently resigned in his current job to a long contract. I expect that he would have a out clause in that contract should he want to coach again.

I think Heckert stays. I also can see Gruden being OK with keeping the current DC as he I beleive is doing a good job considering the injuries. Gruden is a offensive guy. Let him bring in the guys he wants on that side of the ball. Let D!ck control the D.

Shurmer just is not up to it.

I agree. There is literally NO reason to keep Shurmur through the rest of the year unless he is planning on keeping him long term. I dont think there is a snowballs chance in hell Haslam is keeping Shurmur long term. The guy is just not head coach material.

Childress will keep all the same systems and will be a stop gap until Haslam can bring in his people.

Everyone that thinks Haslam is going to waste time for the sake of wasting time doesnt understand business and what a 1 billion dollar investment means.

Haslam can't interview possible candidates and make contact with possible prospects for his organization for fear it will be a distraction, when you shake things up, you dont waste time and you move forward.
buno67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
buno67 wrote:
yes since firing the HC half way through the season would do so much good for a struggling team

The team is not going to the playoffs this year. Sending a message that you expect to win is important. Haslam knows business.

You take over a company that has been struggling but you think has good potential, you immediately fire the management and install your own charisma and leadership. You make your expectations clear and make it clear you will not accept losing.

Hey they are not 0-7 yet but if that is where we end up, count on it, Haslam is going to make a change.

if its wrong with management like you said, than shouldnt they go to the top dog in management and fire Mike Holmgren? He is the one that hired Shurmur, he is the one that thought it be a good idea to not go with an OC last year, and has made some other questionable moves...so shouldnt the first move be fire him not the HC. Shouldnt you start at the top and get a trickle down effect instead of going mid way and just making the HC the scape goat. Going 0-7 and firing shurmur would be exactly doing that, making him a scape goat. Firing him makes it seem like its all coaching when its not. Its injuries, its suspensions, its poor performances, its being very unclutch, and etc but yet if we had a "legit" HC it would solve all those problems right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Cleveland that doesn't send a message that he expects winning. In Cleveland firing the coach after 23 games sends the message that we are starting over yet again and if the next coach doesn't win his first 10 games he will be fired too because we are Cleveland and we cannot wait.

Jamison on the sig
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:
buno67 wrote:
yes since firing the HC half way through the season would do so much good for a struggling team

The team is not going to the playoffs this year. Sending a message that you expect to win is important. Haslam knows business.

You take over a company that has been struggling but you think has good potential, you immediately fire the management and install your own charisma and leadership. You make your expectations clear and make it clear you will not accept losing.

Hey they are not 0-7 yet but if that is where we end up, count on it, Haslam is going to make a change.

I feel sorry for anyone that ever works for you...

I do have people that work for me and they know I expect to win. It is about production and performance and if you do neither you're out the door. Welcome to the real world.

Produce and win. Shurmur has no excuses. Look at Miami for God's sake they are young and competitive with a rookie QB and they are winning. No reason Shurmur can't make that happen for Cleveland if he was cut out for the job.
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think team would more likely have a better record with Shurmur and a random GM as opposed to Heckert with a random HC.

I love Heckert, but hes doomed any head coach with the roster hes given them. Its completely young. Theres no leadership anywhere. Theres no depth. Theres tons of cap room and no good free agent singings. We are relying 100% on the draft picks and UDFA signings he has made for success and thats including a bunch of late round guys who shouldn't be playing.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
I think team would more likely have a better record with Shurmur and a random GM as opposed to Heckert with a random HC.

I love Heckert, but hes doomed any head coach with the roster hes given them. Its completely young. Theres no leadership anywhere. Theres no depth. Theres tons of cap room and no good free agent singings. We are relying 100% on the draft picks and UDFA signings he has made for success and thats including a bunch of late round guys who shouldn't be playing.

I understand the reason of building through the draft, but at some point you gotta make a move in free agency.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:
buno67 wrote:

if its wrong with management like you said, than shouldnt they go to the top dog in management and fire Mike Holmgren? He is the one that hired Shurmur, he is the one that thought it be a good idea to not go with an OC last year, and has made some other questionable moves...so shouldnt the first move be fire him not the HC. Shouldnt you start at the top and get a trickle down effect instead of going mid way and just making the HC the scape goat. Going 0-7 and firing shurmur would be exactly doing that, making him a scape goat. Firing him makes it seem like its all coaching when its not. Its injuries, its suspensions, its poor performances, its being very unclutch, and etc but yet if we had a "legit" HC it would solve all those problems right?

At the top of the thread I said Holmgren is already packed up and ready to go. He's as good as gone already. No room for Homgren there. No way.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
I think your wrong.

Thanks!

But all Cleveland fans want to be "patient". Why?? What has Shurmur shown to be patient with. O fer what 12 against division opponents. Or is it the 0 fer 11 streak that gets everyone excited about being patient.

I know no one wants to say it but we would have been better off keeping Mangini. GUARANTEED. No one wants to say it - there it is I said it. We would have won more with Mangini.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
I know no one wants to say it but we would have been better off keeping Mangini. GUARANTEED. No one wants to say it - there it is I said it. We would have won more with Mangini.

I actually agreed with your argument of Shurmur being fired, but this is a HELL NO.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:

I actually agreed with your argument of Shurmur being fired, but this is a HELL NO.

HAHAHA i knew that would get people riled up. But seriously don't you think we would have more W's? Set everything else aside. Would we have more W's than the Shurmur era??
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Jon Gruden will be the coach next year.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way for everyone preaching patience.

Rams are the youngest team in the league with a new system in place. 2 wins.

Dolphins are extremely young. Rookie QB and rookie coach. No real receiving threat. 2 wins.

Colts another young team. New system. Rookie Coach out due to illness. No TRich caliber player. Bad defense. 2 wins

Why are the Browns not able to win?? no not because they are "young" other young teams are winning.

Inept Shurmur is the problem.
SOCALBrowns

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
I really think Jon Gruden will be the coach next year.

I'm feeling it too. Why not? Where else is he going to coach if not Cleveland??
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
SOCALBrowns wrote:

HAHAHA i knew that would get people riled up. But seriously don't you think we would have more W's? Set everything else aside. Would we have more W's than the Shurmur era??

It's kind of impossible to do worse than lose every game this year Laughing

So I guess yes by default. Doesn't mean we'd better keeping him.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCALBrowns wrote:
Look at Miami for God's sake they are young and competitive with a rookie QB and they are winning. No reason Shurmur can't make that happen for Cleveland if he was cut out for the job.

Miami has more in place than Cleveland.

Rookie QB, Tannenhill is playing in Mike Sherman's offense. The same offense he spent five years playing in at Texas A&M as a QB. So he has no learning curve to learn the offense unlike Weeden

reliable WRs: Hartline and Bess are very good WRs. They are nothing amazing but they will make plays for you. As we can see by their performance vs the Cardinals two weeks ago

More reliable defense: Miami has a solid DL. Two play making LBs in Wake and Dansby. Decent DBs and a solid pair of safeties.

Miami is in a better situation than the browns. Yes Tannenhill is a rookie but he is surrounded by solid vets. Weeden is a rookie but is surrounded by a majority of rookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: