Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forget The Titans : Steelers vs Titans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C$!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
*waiting for overreaction of fans from both teams*

Gets annoying to see every week against poor teams saying, "Wow, we're going to dominate them." Then when we lose, many people overreact. Seems like 43 and I are more unbiased in our predictions and stay level-headed when we lose these kinds of games.

I don't think many people on here had allusions about this team, but this is a game they should be winning. Same with the Oakland game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenMadeOfSteel wrote:
Honestly, there's no need to do a "5up/5down" thread this week.

1 up/10 down?? We might find 1 up if we all think hard enough
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Our D isn't clutch anymore.

I question the field goal attempt instead of punting but im not big into hindsight!

What happened to. The no huddle during the game?

I have NO faith in the defense to make a crucial stop in the fourth quarter anymore. None. Once again they give up another 80 yard drive. Then everyone knew once Suisham missed, the game was essentially over right there.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
C$!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

I question the field goal attempt instead of punting but im not big into hindsight!

What happened to. The no huddle during the game?

I have NO faith in the defense to make a crucial stop in the fourth quarter anymore. None. Once again they give up another 80 yard drive. Then everyone knew once Suisham missed, the game was essentially over right there.

Feels like 2002 or 2009 when they couldnt stop anyone. Like I said if they are going to be bad, then be really bad. A good draft picking high (for once) would be right what the Dr. Ordered for this team, especially on D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Gets annoying to see every week against poor teams saying, "Wow, we're going to dominate them." Then when we lose, many people overreact. Seems like 43 and I are more unbiased in our predictions and stay level-headed when we lose these kinds of games.

I don't think many people on here had allusions about this team, but this is a game they should be winning. Same with the Oakland game.

Tell that to everyone who predicted we'd win by at least 2 TD's.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

The D hasn't been clutch since 2008.

Troy and Harrison have made some clutch plays here and there, but for the most part, no clutchness at all.
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have watched our D giving up important drives at the 4th quarter more than anybody would say is acceptable. It's becoming more and more ... I don't know.
C$!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
C$! wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

To be fair they should be beating the Titans by 14. Just like they should have been beating the Raiders by 14. I'm not expecting a Super Bowl or even the Playoffs, but I want them to beat teams they should
Unless they are even worse than feared

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

What is an over-reaction? To say that the team we saw tonight, and have seen for the last five games, is a bad one?

I don't post here a lot, but I can say, I definitely wasn't thinking to myself, the Steelers are going to dominate this team. I thought we wold at least have the talent, and maybe the coaching to be able to muster up the ability/want-to, to WIN this game, but by no means did i think this team would dominate this game.

The Offense has looked decent up to this point, so there isn't a whole lot to put on their shoulders for the season up to this point overall. Tonight into particular however, they looked like garbage. There was no identity, and I saw predictability reminiscent of the BA days. The D is a joke. has been from the start. D. Lebeau needs to go and the scheme needs to change. The players we have dont fit the read and react style we play, and we insist on forcing these players into that style. Casey Hampton is still the starter when Steve McClendon has looked exponentially better. The problems are numerous, there is no denying that.

Finally our special teams is non-existant, in more ways than one. Every kick tonight was returned, regardless of how deep in the end-zone it was. That tells me there is no respect from our opponents regarding kick coverage. Rainey had his longest return of the season tonight, for a whopping 56 yards, he returned one punt, inside the 15, with less than 2 minutes remaining before the half. Our franchise receiver returned the rest.

This team has no identity. This team doesn't make the adjustments needed to win. This team is mediocre at best. You may call this an over-reaction, but I call it a carful analyzation of the evidence this team has presented thus far. What's more, if things don't get taken care of soon, things will only get worse...

Last edited by steelfan51 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game. Hopefully Pouncey injury isn't severe.

Is it standard for you guys to dress 7 linemen? I recall another Steeler game at the start of the season, where the same problem (injuries to OL) was evident.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
straight ballin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a joke? Guy's what is wrong with us right now. Can blame it on the injuries but even with them i easily expect to beat the titans.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Steelersfan: Im not referencing you then. Everyone saw how we struggled to Oakland, yet they still predicted huge win by us tonight. Especially a road game on a short week. Then when we lose they think the sky is falling. I guarantee the next 2 weeks til next game will be how do we replace....Many people overreact to this game, then somehow lose sight of it if we win the next game, and repeat the cycle over and over and over again.
BenMadeOfSteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been terrible this year on the road... 0-3. wow
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries are really piling up on this team and they came into the season not 100%. If any team loses 3 starting offensive lineman in 5 weeks, it's gong to kill them. If any team has their best 3 defenders in and out of the line up with injuries, it's going to kill them.

It shouldn't shock anyone that with these injuries the team looks average. despite all that, if they didn't get the punt blocked or Ben makes one more first down at the end of the game, the ball game is over and the Steelers win.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kethnaab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

what the heck??? Who was stupid enough to say that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: