Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ta'amu faces felony charges
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Ta'amu faces felony charges Reply with quote

www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/vehicles-damaged-while-suspect-flees-police-657540/

Quote:
Pittsburgh Steeler faces felony charges following police chase
October 14, 2012 9:58 am
By Karen Kane / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A traffic stop on the South Side this morning led to the arrest of a Pittsburgh Steeler who is accused of trying to flee police. Several vehicles were damaged, according to an emergency dispatch supervisor.

Facing a series of felony and misdemeanor charges is rookie defensive lineman Alameda Ta'amu, who was a fourth-round draft pick this year. He is 22 and is from Kent, Wash.
The dispatch supervisor said a stop was initiated by police at about 2:30 a.m. today on 14th Street after a vehicle was spotted moving in a reckless manner. Mr. Ta'amu fled and was apprehended at Sarah Street, but not before he had crashed his vehicle into several others, the dispatcher said.
According to court documents, Mr. Ta'amu is facing felony counts of fleeing police, aggravated assault while driving drunk and three counts of aggravated assault. He also was charged with 10 misdemeanors, including resisting arrest, attempting escape, drunken driving and to failure to obey traffic laws.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are professional players so dumb? I have literally never heard of someone doing this and I know quite a few people who have gotten DWI's. Maybe you only hear of it because they're in the spotlight.

But seriously, you've already made a mistake if you get behind the wheel while intoxicated but don't make it worse by fleeing. A DWI is bad, but it's not like the end of the world. Sure, it's a pain for a regular person but he's making enough for it not to matter.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many concussions . . . ?

Kind of goes along with how the season is starting out, undisciplined chaos and inconsistency.

Really wonder how Tomlin will handle this one.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this past Steelers draft class make onto the cover of Madden?

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Too many concussions . . . ?

Kind of goes along with how the season is starting out, undisciplined chaos and inconsistency.

Really wonder how Tomlin will handle this one.

poorly.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/5951573/reports-pittsburgh-steelers-nt-alameda-taamu-arrested-on-charges-of-dui-aggravated-assault-with-a-vehicle-and-resisting-arrest?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

more details.

Why is Tomlin or the FO not on TV already. The decision here is obvious.
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young men are reckless. Dumb, selfish move. Needs to learn to drink only at home.

Quote:

Yep, well said.

Thanks Lyasr 529
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:
Young men are reckless. Dumb, selfish move. Needs to learn to drink only at home.

Quote:

Yep, well said.

He probably realized he was going to sit the bench for a few years to learn the D anyways Rolling Eyes
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:

goes well beyond that. got a glimpse into much more of his character than just that.

he should already be gone
I'm embarassed by the organization right now.
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how pro atheletes can be so stupid. I like this guy but if he's like this off the field I can't see him sticking around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly he'll be suspended. He made a horrible mistake. Players have enough $ to get drivers or cabs for sure

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said on NFL.com this is pathetic. Cut this loser. But this has nothing to do with the coaching staff. They can't control what a 22 year old 3rd string rookie does on a 10-day weekend.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
As I said on NFL.com this is pathetic. Cut this loser. But this has nothing to do with the coaching staff. They can't control what a 22 year old 3rd string rookie does on a 10-day weekend.
people have done worse in the world and returned to make millions playing football. He needs to be suspended and put into a rehabilitation program. Not cut IMO, people make mistakes. He's young and he made a big one. The steelers need to stand by him in his time of need and help him.

Donte Stallworth, Mike Vick and Leonard Little come to mind...

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never a big fan of Taamu's pre draft, he's shown positives in pass push but lousy vs the run and sustaining, he is however athletic for his size. . I will say the value we got was somewhat appropriate. Just another reason why our search for DLine talent is not over and is never ending for that matter, nor is any position. If we can get better do so.

In any case Im not sure how you discipline him other than counseling type stuff from the team. It is a first offense and the league has not been very aggressive with first time offenders.

Edit: I just read all the counts he was charged on...Yeh Id say he's in trouble. Sounds potentially a little crazier than just alcohol.

...you have a forum resume?

Last edited by JustPlainNasty on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
3rivers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Clearly he'll be suspended. He made a horrible mistake. Players have enough $ to get drivers or cabs for sure

They have the $ , but if they only had a 10 cent brains and some change for a pay phone Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: