Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166 Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1372089-whats-to-blame-for-steelers-cb-ike-taylors-poor-2012-performance?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

we knew most of this, but there are numbers to prove it. I think they should consider taylor as a signing comparable colon. With taylor, he had decent seasons because of the passrush, but now he is known for what his skills are. Colon signing just never made sense, but those decisions are the FO's.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colon has always been terrible. Ike has been up-and-down his whole career. It's risky signing a big contract for someone his age, but he's always been inconsistent, compared to being consistently bad. I think he'll flip the switch come next game, being against one of the best WR's in the league which will cause him to focus more.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) It's a Bleacher Report article...
2.) It's using PFF numbers...

I've already proven Andre Hangst doesn't even understand how zone coverage works.

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
10. Antonio Brown

Cruz wasnt even an HM
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF is garbage....they always have Taylor ranked way too low.

Dont get me wrong...many Steeler fans rank him way too high....but he is never usually as bad as PFF makes him out to be either.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well even though the source is questionable, fact is Taylor hasn't been very good at all this season. I would like to see more of Allen.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166 Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
With taylor, he had decent seasons because of the passrush, but now he is known for what his skills are.

I'm not trying to diss ya dude, but you can say that about any DB that has ever played in the NFL.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166 Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
3rivers wrote:
With taylor, he had decent seasons because of the passrush, but now he is known for what his skills are.

I'm not trying to diss ya dude, but you can say that about any DB that has ever played in the NFL.

I rarely agree with 3rivers, but this time i do.

Not that you are wrong, but Taylor leaned on an elite pass rush to look good through his career. Very few corners had the luxuries that he had, and over the years, when that elite pass rush wasnt there, he looked average or worse. 2006 and 2009 he was pretty awful most of those years. This year looks very similar to those.

This isnt meant to bash Ike, but I question if he would even be a starter in this league anywhere right now if it werent for his years playing behind an elite front 7. I think he wouldve been exposed much more often if not for that fact.

PS...Im not getting into another huge debate about Ike. Thats been done before. Just adding to what 3rivers said.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166 Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Not that you are wrong, but Taylor leaned on an elite pass rush to look good through his career. Very few corners had the luxuries that he had, and over the years, when that elite pass rush wasnt there, he looked average or worse. 2006 and 2009 he was pretty awful most of those years. This year looks very similar to those.

This isnt meant to bash Ike, but I question if he would even be a starter in this league anywhere right now if it werent for his years playing behind an elite front 7. I think he wouldve been exposed much more often if not for that fact.

PS...Im not getting into another huge debate about Ike. Thats been done before. Just adding to what 3rivers said.

Granted Ike needs a good pass rush. But how many CBs don't? You think Blount didn't benefit from the Steel Curtain?

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Taylor and real stats 162 out of 166 Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Granted Ike needs a good pass rush. But how many CBs don't? You think Blount didn't benefit from the Steel Curtain?

Once again, I never said thats not the case.

My point was that not many CBs in this league had the same luxuries Ike had throughout his careers, and when those luxuries werent there....Ike didnt look good.

Ike was fine for our system, but thats why I dont put him on the same pedestal some Steeler fans do. I think he was an overall average to above average corner, who played well in our defense, but overall was never the shut down type some Steeler fans tried to make him out to be. He did have some games where he played very well vs some top receivers, but he had just as many games where he got schooled by lesser ones.

simonwayne wrote:
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stated before I believe Taylor is done being a #1 and might be one as a starting cb in the league. He's gotten old pretty fast IMO.

The same can be said for Colon

Polumalu, Clark, Hampton, Miller and Harrison are likely playing their last days for the steelers, probably in the nfl as well

They were all apart of the second bet era in steelers football history, but the team has to get younger, cheaper and develop for the future at their positions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I've stated before I believe Taylor is done being a #1 and might be one as a starting cb in the league. He's gotten old pretty fast IMO.

Polumalu, Clark, Hampton, Miller and Harrison are likely playing their last days for the steelers, probably in the nfl as well

They were all apart of the second bet era in steelers football history, but the team has to get younger, cheaper and develop for the future at their positions.

Shocked Last days in the NFL?? He has at least 4-6 years left. Ike has shown this inability even a few years ago. I doubt it's due to age. It's more due to lack of focus and our system making him play 10 yards back. See when he bump and run at the line, he played much better.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Shocked Last days in the NFL?? He has at least 4-6 years left. Ike has shown this inability even a few years ago. I doubt it's due to age. It's more due to lack of focus and our system making him play 10 yards back. See when he bump and run at the line, he played much better.
Ike is 32. is he going to play cb to his late 30s? i dont think hes a hall of famer like Deion, D Green or Bailey.

so, i think it's both. Like4-3 said, he's overrated by most steelers fans and IMO his age is catching up to him, as it is with all of our vets who are his age or older and no other team is going to sign a player in their mid 30s. They will sign younger FAs and draft players to develop for their future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Ike is 32. is he going to play cb to his late 30s? i dont think hes a hall of famer like Deion, D Green or Bailey.

so, i think it's both. Like4-3 said, he's overrated by most steelers fans and IMO his age is catching up to him, as it is with all of our vets who are his age or older and no other team is going to sign a player in their mid 30s. They will sign younger FAs and draft players to develop for their future.

He's been benched before. All I know, is he's one of the most football fit people on our team. So, I'll base his failures more on his play which has struggled before than just all of a sudden becoming terribly mediocre.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

He's been benched before. All I know, is he's one of the most football fit people on our team. So, I'll base his failures more on his play which has struggled before than just all of a sudden becoming terribly mediocre.
he's always been mediocre tough and now he's approaching his mid 30s. That's a horrible mix, especially for a cb.

Miller might be playing 4 more years. I thought he was 32, not 29 (going on 30) my bad there. He makes 4 million this year, 5 million next year and 6 million the year after. I think it's safe to say he won't see that 6 million dollars in his contract at the age of 33. I think this "could be his last year in pburgh, but he may be kept for next year also. Depends on the cap
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
Well even though the source is questionable, fact is Taylor hasn't been very good at all this season. I would like to see more of Allen.

Yeah, some of the stuff that PFF has put out is laughable but there is no denying that Taylor's play has been poor this year. He simply has been a huge disappointment so far and really needs to turn it around.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: