Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Abry Jones-DT from Georgia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Abry Jones-DT from Georgia Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about Abry? I like what I've read on CBSsports.com about his athleticism, arm length, strength, etc... I haven't seen much college football this year so I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out. I'm thinking about him as a 3-4 NT is a Wade Phillips 1 gap system that puts more emphasis on QB pressure and penetration than on the traditional brick wall 3-4 NT. Opinions? Thanks.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big fan of Abry 2 years ago when I thought he still had the potential to put together a pass rush repertoire. He hasnt been able to do that so it hurts what he can be in the NFL, but he is still a guy I like.

He is very workman like on the inside, good measurables to play a run DT in a 4-3 or a 5-tech for a 3-4. He holds at the point well, knows how to steer his man and uses his hands well. He can push the pocket a bit but wont get sacks, but will be an asset to the rest of the pass rushers.

He is a later round prospect, and the team who ends up getting him will feel like they got a steal in a few years. You will like him on your team but most other teams wont know much about him.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he is surrounded by great talent on the D-line so we have to sometimes take what he can do with a grain of salt. I'm sure he is athletic, but guys like Jon Jenkins and Kwame Geathers are eating up much of the attention.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
10/25/12 - Abry Jones’ high school coach confirmed what had been floated around on social media and hinted by his Georgia coaches and teammates. The Bulldogs’ starting defensive end is likely out for the rest of the regular season after undergoing ankle surgery on Tuesday. Kevin Kinsler, the head coach at Northside High in Warner Robins, is the only one to provide anything resembling a confirmation and then only reluctantly so. But he did confirm that Jones underwent ankle surgery on Tuesday at St. Mary’s Hospital and is looking at a long recovery as a result. “I’ve just texted back and forth with his parents a little bit and that’s it,” said Kinsler, who was Jones’ defensive coordinator when he was at Northside. “All we know is the surgery went well and they were talking six to eight weeks. But we haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk with them or anything like that. I imagine it’s been pretty hectic up there.” Obviously the recovery time will mean Jones will likely be out the rest of the season with a shot of coming back for a post-Christmas bowl game. Jones’ absence with the Bulldogs will be felt on defense. Jones, a 6-foot-3, 308-pound senior, has started 26 games and played in 45 for the Bulldogs at defensive end. Jones had to sit out the Florida Atlantic game earlier this season with an injury to the same left ankle. He had 17 tackles before having to leave the Kentucky game this past Saturday on Georgia’s second defensive play. - Chip Towers, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=89647

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: